Mainline Dunefolk Campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kylix

Mainline Dunefolk Campaigns

Post by Kylix »

Hello Irdyans,
As you already know, Dunefolk are mainline for years, however they still don't appear in mainline campaigns (except for a cameo in the scenario "Becalmed" in SotA).
I also proposed to add them to replace the outlaw enemy leaders who appear in "The Desert of Death" (SotBE) and "Across the Harsh Sands" (UtbS), but it was rejected essentially because of the scenarios' locations which don't match the Dunefolk's homeland (I also proposed to put them in the final scenario of both DiD and SotA :cry:).
So, why don't you add these campaigns to the mainline?
  • A War Plan Scarlet
  • Asheviere's Shadow
  • Sand in the Wind
  • Return from the Abyss
  • Rise of the Dunefolk
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Mainline Dunefolk Campaigns

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Kylix wrote: February 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm Hello Irdyans,
As you already know, Dunefolk are mainline for years, however they still don't appear in mainline campaigns (except for a cameo in the scenario "Becalmed" in SotA).
I also proposed to add them to replace the outlaw enemy leaders who appear in "The Desert of Death" (SotBE) and "Across the Harsh Sands" (UtbS), but it was rejected essentially because of the scenarios' locations which don't match the Dunefolk's homeland (I also proposed to put them in the final scenario of both DiD and SotA :cry:).
  • A War Plan Scarlet
  • Asheviere's Shadow
  • Sand in the Wind
  • Return from the Abyss
  • Rise of the Dunefolk
1. That's not dunefolk.
2. Too generic, simplistic and lacking a plot.
3. No clue what is it.
4. Plot is rather convoluted and somewhat tied with the other campaigns by the same author.
5. Not good. At all.

If you must know, there is a hybrid Dunefolk campaign in the works. However, its release probably won't be in 2022. So maybe 2023.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 5th, 2022, 8:15 am
Kylix wrote: February 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm Hello Irdyans,
  • A War Plan Scarlet
  • Asheviere's Shadow
  • Sand in the Wind
  • Return from the Abyss
  • Rise of the Dunefolk
1. That's not dunefolk.
2. Too generic, simplistic and lacking a plot.
3. No clue what is it.
4. Plot is rather convoluted and somewhat tied with the other campaigns by the same author.
5. Not good. At all.

If you must know, there is a hybrid Dunefolk campaign in the works. However, its release probably won't be in 2022. So maybe 2023.
  • AWPS main antagonists are dunefolk, so it is.
  • RftA is a quite nice campaign, sadly I've not finished it yet.
  • I agree with you about RotD.
I've not tried the other ones, so I can't give a judgement.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

AWPS main antagonists are dunefolk, so it is.
Nope. A dunefolk campaign is implied in the sense that the player can recruit/recall them, and not...birdies. Anyways, neither of your suggestions are considerable for mainline (due to Quality limits). Also, you missed out titles such as Palm Amid Blue Dunes, Desert Trader, the Young Khan and Wrath of the Lich Lords.
Thus, I suggest waiting for the planned one.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 6th, 2022, 4:03 pm
Nope. A dunefolk campaign is implied in the sense that the player can recruit/recall them, and not...birdies. Anyways, neither of your suggestions are considerable for mainline (due to Quality limits). Also, you missed out titles such as Palm Amid Blue Dunes, Desert Trader, the Young Khan and Wrath of the Lich Lords.
Except for Desert Traders - which is a single scenario and not a whole campaign - the other titles aren't available in 1.16+.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Kylix wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:36 am
Except for Desert Traders - which is a single scenario and not a whole campaign - the other titles aren't available in 1.16+.
Even if they were, Project M still has greater chances of getting in.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Calm down guys. Within a week I'll post my dunefolk campaign, which will be worthy to hit the mainline.
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Mechanical wrote: February 13th, 2022, 1:10 pm Calm down guys. Within a week I'll post my dunefolk campaign, which will be worthy to hit the mainline.
I knew you had something up your sleeve. :P
Will playtest and review. ;)
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:31 am
Kylix wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:36 am
Even if they were, Project M still has greater chances of getting in.
And I'd add A New Order, since it's partly dunefolk.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Last edited by Lord-Knightmare on June 11th, 2022, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

egallager

Post by egallager »

Kylix wrote: June 6th, 2022, 8:25 pm And I'd add A New Order, since it's partly dunefolk.
Yes, A New Order is partly dunefolk, but I wouldn't want it merged to mainline, though; mainline seems to aim for a "T" (ESRB) or PEGI-12 age rating, while A New Order aims more for an "M" (ESRB) or PEGI-16 rating, so I don't think it would really fit.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I can't imagine the Dunefolks fighting evil looool
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

egallager wrote: June 6th, 2022, 11:38 pm
Kylix wrote: June 6th, 2022, 8:25 pm And I'd add A New Order, since it's partly dunefolk.
Yes, A New Order is partly dunefolk, but I wouldn't want it merged to mainline, though; mainline seems to aim for a "T" (ESRB) or PEGI-12 age rating, while A New Order aims more for an "M" (ESRB) or PEGI-16 rating, so I don't think it would really fit.
That's a pity. I'm playing it (now I'm completing "Avenging Ruen") and, besides the fact it's the longest campaign ever uploaded and some units are badly conceived (f.e. the Akladian mages), it's really nice.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Kylix wrote: July 6th, 2022, 4:11 pm
egallager wrote: June 6th, 2022, 11:38 pm
That's a pity. I'm playing it (now I'm completing "Avenging Ruen") and, besides the fact it's the longest campaign ever uploaded and some units are badly conceived (f.e. the Akladian mages), it's really nice.
Could we convince you to help update the Italian translation for it? There have been a lot of string changes in the past year or so that have probably broken translations...
(also, re: "longest campaign ever uploaded": isn't LotI longer?)
Last edited by egallager on July 11th, 2022, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.