FrostBlade's Season 2 (10 Scenarios-Addons)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FrostBlade5

FrostBlade's Season 2 (10 Scenarios-Addons)

Post by FrostBlade5 »

Game Version: Wesnoth 1.16.x
last updated: 28.09.2022

Most of my Maps/Scenarios support Multiplayer and Singleplayer, co-op and/or pvp.

Every 10 scenarios i create are one season.
Season 2 (2022) Scenario/Addon-List:

1 - Blood Castle [6 players - co-op or pvp - size=50x25 - Player 1 are Beasts/Monsters AI controlled]
2 - Cold Dark [6 players - co-op or pvp - size=100x150 - Player 7 are Beasts/Monsters AI controlled]
3 - Witch Forest [6 players - co-op or pvp - size=100x50 - Player 7 are Beasts/Monsters AI controlled]
4 - Silent Grave [6 players - co-op or pvp - size=43x18 - Player 7 are Undead/Zombies AI controlled]
5 - Knightmare [6 players - co-op or pvp - size=60x60 - Player 7 are Beasts/Zombies AI controlled]
6 - Sleep Walker [6 players - co-op or pvp - size=100x100 - Player 7 are Undead AI controlled]
7 - Miracle [4 players - co-op or pvp - size=44x19 - Player 5 are Zombies - AI controlled]
8 - comingsoon
9 - comingsoon
10 - comingsoon

After downloading any of my Addons open Multiplayer and start a Local-Game, or connect to a Server.
Then you will find the Addon at the very bottom of the Scenarios-List.
You can find all my Content by typing frost into the Addon-Search.

Season 1 with 10 scenarios/addons is completed, find it here: viewtopic.php?t=54949
Last edited by FrostBlade5 on July 9th, 2023, 3:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: FrostBlade's Season 2 (10 Scenarios-Addons)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Your add-ons are all MP Scenarios and yet, you are uploading them all as "SP Scenarios"...
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:07 pm Your add-ons are all MP Scenarios and yet, you are uploading them all as "SP Scenarios"...
As mentioned in the thread itself, the scenarios can be played either multi or singleplayer.
There is no specific cathegorie, both works.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

FrostBlade5 wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:17 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:07 pm Your add-ons are all MP Scenarios and yet, you are uploading them all as "SP Scenarios"...
As mentioned in the thread itself, the scenarios can be played either multi or singleplayer.
No, I meant if they are single-player scenarios: They are meant to be accessed from the campaign-menu.
TBH, playing a single player scenario from the MP Create game is a design flaw of the game itself but oh well... :hmm:
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:38 pm
FrostBlade5 wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:17 pm
No, I meant if they are single-player scenarios: They are meant to be accessed from the campaign-menu.
TBH, playing a single player scenario from the MP Create game is a design flaw of the game itself but oh well... :hmm:
Yeah that makes sense, just for myself i dont mind starting a singleplayer scenario as a local game. I always did it that way.
Not sure if there is a way to teach the game so a scenario can be started from campaign menu, i guess not from reading your comment.

However seems like i missunderstood your frist comment.
Then again, not sure what to do now.
One can still connect to wesnoth multiplayer-server and host a game with my scenarios, should't be an issue.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I just played Blood Castle and it was terrible. The monsters side spammed the entire map as early as turn 8 and took out all sides.
It's turn 13, and the monsters side has 80 units...
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

• Update | New Scenario released to addon-server: Silent Grave

Players: 6
AI: 1 (Zombies)
Size: 43x18
Setting: pvp or co-op
Recommended: 1v1v1v1v1v1 or 3v3

I tested the map once as player one with 400 gold and not more than 30 units and won, the first three turns are pure chaos, after that things will calm.
I might have to update the scenario as i noticed some unexpected unfair challanges for player 2 and 5.

Hope you folks like it.

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

FrostBlade5 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:56 am • Update | New Scenario released to addon-server: Silent Grave

AI: 1 (Zombies)
Size: 43x18
Setting: pvp or co-op
Recommended: 1v1v1v1v1v1 or 3v3

I tested the map once as player one with 400 gold and not more than 30 units and won, the first three turns are pure chaos, after that things will calm.
I might have to update the scenario as i noticed some unexpected unfair challanges for player 2 and 5.

Hope you folks like it.

Hi, just started this and it's pretty nifty. Seen some new zombies (I guess added in 1.16) and portraits. Just a few turns in and I did notice something unusual. There's no time of day. It's, like, blank. :- ) Bug or feature?

Oh and a comment. There are two monster sides but the one with the peasants is wiped out in 3-4 turns. Wondering why it exists. The central zombie/monster hub seems to be the only thing that matters. No biggie, just curious.
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

Atreides wrote: September 24th, 2022, 11:09 pm
Hi, just started this and it's pretty nifty. Seen some new zombies (I guess added in 1.16) and portraits. Just a few turns in and I did notice something unusual. There's no time of day. It's, like, blank. :- ) Bug or feature?

Oh and a comment. There are two monster sides but the one with the peasants is wiped out in 3-4 turns. Wondering why it exists. The central zombie/monster hub seems to be the only thing that matters. No biggie, just curious.
Thanks for letting me know about the broken day/night cycle, didn't notice that but i have to admit i don't know why there is no time schedule.
Been taking a look at the cfg files and in the map editor but im not sure how to configure a timeschedule, back the days when i worked on the older creations the time schedule was automatically created, any help is welcome here. Will upload a new version once i know how to fix that.

About the peasants, yeah they die quickly i just placed the as a distraction for the zombies so they don't overwhelm the actual players, might not be of much use anyways.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Here's a typical scenario file beginning. There's a easy mainline (built in) macro for time of day. Default Schedule. As you can see can do same with music instead of typing them all out (unless you customized them, then it was required :- )

Code: Select all

#textdomain wesnoth-RMM
[multiplayer]
    id=RMM_2vs2_War_4_Hexcastle
    name=_ "RMM 2v2 War 4 Hexcastle"
    map_file=~add-ons/Red_MP_Maps/maps/No01_RedMoonK_2vs2_War_4_Hexcastle.map
    description=_ "2vs2 - War 4 Hexcastle v1.5 - by RedMoonK
Map No1

Who will be the king of Hexcastle?
Best played with fog and about 100 gold per side.

Rebel side is #5."

{DEFAULT_SCHEDULE}
    {DEFAULT_MUSIC_PLAYLIST}

#wmllint: markcheck off
p.s. Ah yes I guess the peasants do offer up nice fang fodder, cool. I was just curious if maybe one could ally with them or something special. Works nice as is.
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

Atreides wrote: September 25th, 2022, 8:12 pm Here's a typical scenario file beginning. There's a easy mainline (built in) macro for time of day. Default Schedule. As you can see can do same with music instead of typing them all out (unless you customized them, then it was required :- )

Code: Select all

#textdomain wesnoth-RMM
[multiplayer]
    id=RMM_2vs2_War_4_Hexcastle
    name=_ "RMM 2v2 War 4 Hexcastle"
    map_file=~add-ons/Red_MP_Maps/maps/No01_RedMoonK_2vs2_War_4_Hexcastle.map
    description=_ "2vs2 - War 4 Hexcastle v1.5 - by RedMoonK
Map No1

Who will be the king of Hexcastle?
Best played with fog and about 100 gold per side.

Rebel side is #5."

{DEFAULT_SCHEDULE}
    {DEFAULT_MUSIC_PLAYLIST}

#wmllint: markcheck off
p.s. Ah yes I guess the peasants do offer up nice fang fodder, cool. I was just curious if maybe one could ally with them or something special. Works nice as is.
I can't seem to find this text/code anywhere in any of these files:
6p_Silent_Grave.cfg
main.cfg
server.pbl
Silent_Grave.cfg

I think the file you are talking about must be main.cfg because the first lines of that file are the same as what you posted:

#textdomain wesnoth-Silent_Grave
[textdomain]
name="wesnoth-Silent_Grave"
path="data/add-ons/Silent_Grave/translations"
[/textdomain]

#ifdef MULTIPLAYER
[binary_path]
path=data/add-ons/Silent_Grave
[/binary_path]

{~add-ons/Silent_Grave/scenarios}
{~add-ons/Silent_Grave/utils}
#endif

I have checked all of the scenarios i created but none of them includes {DEFAULT_SCHEDULE} and {DEFAULT_MUSIC_PLAYLIST} anywhere, unless i am truely blind. Anyways i checked all the files and cant find it anywhere.
What i don't understand is, the my previous scenarios cfg files look exactly the same as the ones from the latest one (silent grave) but for whatever reason when i play any of the old scenarios there is a day-night cycle. Then why is there none in silentgrave? Is this caused by a wesnoth update?
Did i perhaps by mistake delete a line of code regarding time schedule?

I should note, i manually selected ALL of the music soundtracks when i created the scenario in the map editor, however i did that for all my scenarios and only the latest one has no day/night cycle.
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

In the map editor i just realised there's a setting called "time schedule menu" there are few options available.
What is the standard one that wesnoth uses? I'm not sure whether to select 24h format or default format.
Attachments
Screenshot (60).png
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Silent_Grave.cfg

is where it should go. Just above the first [music] tag would be a good spot.

You have a somewhat different organization, I believe it is because you're mainly using the map editor to create the scenarios?

What I mean is that the map date is in a cfg file in the utils directory. It is usually in either scenario file in the scenarios dir or a .map file loaded by a scen file.

This is not a problem, but as I say is a little confusing to those used to the typical setup. :- )

As for the map editor time setting I'd guess default is correct. I think 24h will give you 24 turns per day. You could also just experiment.
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

Atreides wrote: September 26th, 2022, 2:50 pm Silent_Grave.cfg

is where it should go. Just above the first [music] tag would be a good spot.

You have a somewhat different organization, I believe it is because you're mainly using the map editor to create the scenarios?

What I mean is that the map date is in a cfg file in the utils directory. It is usually in either scenario file in the scenarios dir or a .map file loaded by a scen file.

This is not a problem, but as I say is a little confusing to those used to the typical setup. :- )

As for the map editor time setting I'd guess default is correct. I think 24h will give you 24 turns per day. You could also just experiment.
I preffer using the map editor rather than working with text in a file, thanks for the help, went with the default schedule.
FrostBlade5

Post by FrostBlade5 »

• Update

Fixed SilentGrave day-night cycle.

• Update | New Scenario released to addon-server: Knightmare

AI: 1 (Monster/Zombies) can recruit = false
Size: 60x60
Setting: pvp or co-op / Singleplayer and Multiplayer
Recommended: Player 1 and 2 should be AI controlled and within the same alliance.
Attachments
all scenarios 27.09.2022.png
Knightmare.png
Knightmare.png (138.52 KiB) Viewed 2955 times