[interface] Click on selected unit picture to center map

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
white_haired_uncle

[interface] Click on selected unit picture to center map

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Sometimes, I find that I have a unit selected and I go looking around the map and I want to return map focus to my unit. In some other games, I'd click on the unit's picture, but no matter how many times I've tried it never works in BFW.

thanks
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: [interface] Click on selected unit picture to center map

Post by Atreides »

Aye, I've done that too. Currently I hit n then p to go forward and then back to the current unit. Works but clunky. Actually a hotkey for centre map on current unit would be nice too! I've played lots of games that had keys that did that. Usually c but that's taken by continue move.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Nice, thanks. I knew about n, but didn't know about p. In hindsight, it does make sense, and makes for a handy workaround.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

white_haired_uncle wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:07 am Nice, thanks. I knew about n, but didn't know about p. In hindsight, it does make sense, and makes for a handy workaround.
Oh, I better quickly mention that I customized the keys to my liking. I think the default for previous unit is Shift-n! Mind you the default could work well in this use, hit n twice but flick shift between to centre.