Warfare of far Lands (1.16)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Warfare of far Lands (1.16)

Post by IPS »

Patrolman 8-3 is quite high, still 7-3 is fine. As 7-3 is much more standard and won't need much repricing that.

For example, EE - Chaos Invader is a 15g blade fighter that is a raw high 8-3 blade melee with only bonus of 10% fire res, is quite a good fighter unit.

8-3 impact is superior over blade because it usually counters more stuff that blade/pierce won't, also of by itself giving aura (for few units in faction, still it's considered aura unit). Imagine how strong is being Patrolman actually :lol: , what about making them cost 14g , 7-3 impact melee and -10% fire/cold as loyalist infantrymen? it would still be a strong unit considering that usually fire/cold units are more expensive to gain the same stats of physical fighter/ranged. They can of fix the fire/cold handicap with just being next to other patrol or even a Regular.

Also the other faction being undead based is other reason why I mention patrolman was being too strong, literally 14g for 10-3 or even 11-3 is defenetively devastating because it will beat skeleton even at night time's 9-3.

Also , two units being too similar in many aspects is a common aspect I've seen in many factions, even changing one attack and somewhat maitaining the damage but with the only intention of differente damage-strikes of another unit in same faction.

Also an un-mentioned aspect is that the mages in Ruald faction is quite cost efficient, but I haven't tested enough, but everything being stronger/better/cheaper than loyalist mage is present in almost any non defaultish faction lol , but 28 fire damage at day time for 18g and 30 HP is really good, not sure if too good to be nerfed lol, which also will be very strong againist undead faction.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Bug report.

Great Hollow is missing images. It's looking for golem.png in core undead instead of ghoul.png (presumably).
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

The Great hollow used to have custom image, but since it didn't made the cut, I made it unrecruitable. I honestly should had removed it entirely but I kinda forgot it existed entirely. :doh:

Edit : you may also notice how similar in stats the great hollow and the flesh hollow are. Apart from the great hollow being slightly weaker, with only 39 xp and no feeding. In a way, the great hollow was the former flesh hollow from before the era release.
Occasional Sprite animator, and maker of the following add-ons :
Warfare of far lands (1.16)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Tezereth wrote: November 11th, 2022, 3:40 pm The Great hollow used to have custom image, but since it didn't made the cut, I made it unrecruitable. I honestly should had removed it entirely but I kinda forgot it existed entirely. :doh:

Edit : you may also notice how similar in stats the great hollow and the flesh hollow are. Apart from the great hollow being slightly weaker, with only 39 xp and no feeding. In a way, the great hollow was the former flesh hollow from before the era release.
Heh, yeah I didn't notice while playing, I picked it up from the web unit database's report. Pretty handy that is (esp. now it's working again) to catch invisible stuff.
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

New update, entirely dedicated to units rebalance.

-Ruald mage HP reduced to 28 instead of 30.
-Patrolman damage reduced by 1 point, and price increased to 15g instead of 14g.
-Brawl mage resistance to fire and cold increased to 10% fire and 20% cold.
-Mistral mage resistance to fire and cold increased to 20% fire and 30% cold. Removed the heal +4 ability.
-Regular's impact weakness reduced to -10% instead of -20.
-Ruald infantry sword attack changed to 7x3 instead of 6x3, and removed the pierce attack. Also increased hp up to 40, effectively keeping a role of frontline unit.
-Magic knight melee attack changed to 9x3 instead of 7x4, and nerfed ice bomb damage to 9x2.
-Ruald crossbow parry reduced by -5% on the ranged attack, to fix the unconsistency with higher promotions. HP reduced to 36.
-Wall guard health increased to 50hp instead of 46hp.
-Ruald Lady flash attack damage heavily nerfed, to 7x2 instead of 10x2.
-Ruald Sage gain the heal +4 ability.
-Ruald scout hasn't been touched, but could get nerfed in the future.
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

Hey warfarers (I'm sorry), I have some news!

It's regarding a new Cult unit, to act as a scout with decent pierce melee, the Imp!
Spoiler:
This new flying unit will serve to fill the lack of good scout or flyer in the Cult faction.

As for right now, it's stats are still not quite decided, I thought of something like this :

HP : 36-38
Cost : 17
Mov : 7
exp : 38 (or 40)
chaotic

Spear 7-3 pierce melee
Javelin 6-2 pierce ranged

Could potentially have 2 promotion lines.

Any thought on this?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Tezereth wrote: February 13th, 2023, 5:06 pm Hey warfarers (I'm sorry), I have some news!

It's regarding a new Cult unit, to act as a scout with decent pierce melee, the Imp!
Spoiler:
This new flying unit will serve to fill the lack of good scout or flyer in the Cult faction.

As for right now, it's stats are still not quite decided, I thought of something like this :

HP : 36-38
Cost : 17
Mov : 7
exp : 38 (or 40)
chaotic

Spear 7-3 pierce melee
Javelin 6-2 pierce ranged

Could potentially have 2 promotion lines.

Any thought on this?
Very cost efficient. Way too strong.

Would precise of weaker ranged and negative ressistances to be costing 17g's.
Would also like if there is any info about their ressistances. But there is no way that 7-3 melee combined of 6-2 ranged in a scout be balanced in lv1.

I would personally propose lowering its ranged to 4-2, also 7-3 on lv1 scout is strong, maybe 6-3?

It has 7 movement instad of 8, but it will have significantly higher damages than elvish scout, or if you want ot keep the 7-3 on melee, it would need much worse ranged.

Just look default's calvaryman or elvish scout to get an idea why I say that for default's standard propossed IMP is insanely strong.

Also knowing more about its terrain defense properties would be good too.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

I wrote something long but it got erased :augh:

So, I agree with having 6-3 melee, as the previous value would be a bit too powerful at night given the mobility of the unit.
I also agree with the ranged nerf, mostly because I thought of removing the access to the resilient and quick trait, but giving access to the healthy and dextrous trait. (might feel weird, wouldn’t mind some thought on that.)

As for the resistance value, I had thought to make them close to the ones of the drake glider, but with a fire resistance of 40% instead of 50%, and a blade weakness instead of pierce perhaps? (Given the imp doesn’t have protections, and it’s skin isn’t rock hard, so blades could damage it easily)

As for terrain defense, I haven’t decided yet, but I was thinking of having them pretty average (with a lot of 50%), seeing as it’s less of an agile scout unlike the footpad for example.
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

New update after quite a while, which will mark version 0.3 of this era (after around 1-2 years)

Introduction of 2 new units, the Imp, a scout for the Cult faction, and it advancement, the Dread Imp
ImageImage
Furthermore, some balance changes have been done, like a nerf of militia's attack damage by 1 for both ranged and melee.
Their trait pool has been increased to include the Healthy and Fearless trait, to make it more attractive as an investment for players that want to repromote it to a different lv1
I also added a new weapon special, bleed, which works the exact same way it does in Era of Magic

Finally, I added WOFL+Default and WOFL+Age of heroes for those who wish to pit default faction with the Cult or Ruald

Now, the next step will most likely to be porting this era to 1.18, or move to a different project. It has been obvious this era hasn't been very well known, and I'm not quite sure it's worth adding much more, but I'm still happy to have made it regardless, even if it doesn't have all the content I planned for it. Still though, if anyone find any problem I might have missed, feel free to inform me so I can fix them.