vghetto port project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: vghetto port project

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

vghetto wrote: November 26th, 2021, 3:01 pm I finished the 1.14 port of Alariels_Journey. You can find it on the addons server along with its music package.
It still has some issues, mostly units, terrains and images problems. Other than that it works perfectly. I think it is compatible with 1.16 as is. Just waiting for the dependency UMC_Terrain_Pack to be uploaded to 1.16.
Ported UMCTP to 1.16 on request. Not maintaining it so ported it with a shared public passphrase.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

@Lord-Knightmare Thank you.

----
Finished porting and uploading Ghostly_Calls with its ridiculously huge maps to 1.14.
Children_of_Dragons coming up next.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

vghetto wrote: November 26th, 2021, 5:41 pm Children_of_Dragons coming up next.
Elvish_Hunter's signature says:
Elvish_Hunter wrote: will port to 1.16
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

@gombat Thank you.
I'm doing 1.14 only for that one. I already finished it, I just need to run and "play" it.
Ofcourse, I won't upload it if I hear from Elvish_Hunter.
egallager

Post by egallager »

vghetto wrote: November 25th, 2021, 7:27 pm Both, bugs from the campaign and bugs from the tools. I'm aware that wmllint can screw things up.
Like here (side is assigned yes)
Oops, I didn't notice that... could you open a bug about it? (Or multiple bugs, if you think separate ones for that campaign and wmllint make sense in this case)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Archive DC (The Archives) has been uploaded to 1.14 server. Not much porting to do but loads of debugging. 1.16 coming up next. After that back to porting eras and maps.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

@egallager sure thing. thanks.

@Atreides awesome!

Status update: I put aside Children of dragons and started to work on The_Unstoppable_Legion instead.

It's a doozy. I finished porting the 1.12 version yesterday only to find I had to redo all of my work :(

The number of scenarios jumped from 9 to 21!
Essentially I started from 1.2, ported it, then I extract the next version on top of it and port that.. up to 1.12 to keep all the scenarios units and images :/
Hope the end result turns out fine.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

vghetto wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:57 pm @egallager sure thing. thanks.

@Atreides awesome!

Status update: I put aside Children of dragons and started to work on The_Unstoppable_Legion instead.

It's a doozy. I finished porting the 1.12 version yesterday only to find I had to redo all of my work :(

The number of scenarios jumped from 9 to 21!
Essentially I started from 1.2, ported it, then I extract the next version on top of it and port that.. up to 1.12 to keep all the scenarios units and images :/
Hope the end result turns out fine.
You should have picked the 1.10 version to port. The 1.12 seems to lack loads of scenarios.
21? you mean it was finished? I think I got as far as 17 last time and no more new scenarios were made.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Adamant14 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:28 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:18 pm I can playtest. Drake main here. Would even adjust to balance out things.
Great.Here is the ziped file.
Hmm, it's okayish but two scenarios are standing out for a rebalance:
Scenario 2: The Sides 4 and 3 trolls should be getting some reduced gold and income as they spam too many high level trolls to handle. Or, give the player more gold as compensation
Scenario 7: The side 5 leader spams Giant Scorpions. Normally, in 1.14 and 1.12 this was not even a problem since Scorpions had -100% fire resistance, but in 1.16, they have +10% fire resistance which means the existing scenario balance has been thrown under the bus. Needs to be revised. The naga side can make use of Naga Dirkfang and Guard lines as well.

I cannot comment on the last 2 levels yet as scenario 7 impedes progress. Will try tomorrow.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 27th, 2021, 9:06 pm Scenario 7: The side 5 leader spams Giant Scorpions. Normally, in 1.14 and 1.12 this was not even a problem since Scorpions had -100% fire resistance, but in 1.16, they have +10% fire resistance which means the existing scenario balance has been thrown under the bus. Needs to be revised.
Should I replace the Giant Scorpions (9x1,4x4) with Rock Scorpions (4x1,6x4), or Giant Scorplings (5x1,2x4), or simply reduce gold and income of side 7?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Adamant14 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 10:39 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 27th, 2021, 9:06 pm Scenario 7: The side 5 leader spams Giant Scorpions. Normally, in 1.14 and 1.12 this was not even a problem since Scorpions had -100% fire resistance, but in 1.16, they have +10% fire resistance which means the existing scenario balance has been thrown under the bus. Needs to be revised.
Should I replace the Giant Scorpions (9x1,4x4) with Rock Scorpions (4x1,6x4), or Giant Scorplings (5x1,2x4), or simply reduce gold and income of side 7?
I'd replace the Giant Scorpions with their Sand Scuttler variation, to preserve the balance.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

@ Lord-Knightmare: I will follow your suggestions. Any further suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Edit: The Sand Scuttlers unit description says his natural habitat are sand dunes, is that a problem?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Adamant14 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:16 pm @ Lord-Knightmare: I will follow your suggestions. Any further suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Edit: The Sand Scuttlers unit description says his natural habitat are sand dunes, is that a problem?
Not really. The stats are the same as that of the 1.14 Giant Scorpion so it's okay.

Also, I might port and update Struggle for Freedom for 1.16. Passed it through wmllint and it seems to be okayish.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:00 pm Also, I might port and update Struggle for Freedom for 1.16. Passed it through wmllint and it seems to be okayish.
Ok, I'll remove it from the list.
I'm almost done with The_Unstoppable_Legion. It might be compatible with 1.16. I'm not going to play test it on that version, i'll just change the Uf terrain and upload it. I'm currently on scenario 17.

I'll revist AJ too and pay closer attention to the units animation. Then do the same thing; change the Uf terrain and upload it to 1.16.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

vghetto wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:20 pm @gombat Thank you.
I'm doing 1.14 only for that one. I already finished it, I just need to run and "play" it.
Ofcourse, I won't upload it if I hear from Elvish_Hunter.
Did you make any changes to the campaign, or it's just a compatibility update?
Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:00 pm Also, I might port and update Struggle for Freedom for 1.16. Passed it through wmllint and it seems to be okayish.
SfF was one of my favorite campaigns, so I'd love to see it ported to 1.16 :) If you need any help with it, feel free to pester me by forum PM or on Discord :P
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)