vghetto port project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argesilao2

Re: vghetto port project

Post by Argesilao2 »

Sleuth Sisters' plot seem to be interesting.
If no one has done it yet, I could port it.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Argesilao2 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:20 pm Sleuth Sisters' plot seem to be interesting.
If no one has done it yet, I could port it.
Great!
Btw, the icon for Fate of a Princess on the addon server doesn't work.

Oh, I'm taking a look at Anthalia even though it's on the provisional drop list :/
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I am taking a look into Langrisser_Sample_Campaign but I am a bit confused if requires a dependency of era of squads or not. It also has loads of custom tags but no lua to support them...Weird. Should be dropped or probed a bit further?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:52 pm I am taking a look into Langrisser_Sample_Campaign but I am a bit confused if requires a dependency of era of squads or not. It also has loads of custom tags but no lua to support them...Weird. Should be dropped or probed a bit further?
I'll check it later, for now I'll move it to the low priority list. Please feel free to pick something else that might interest you.

As for me, here's a sample of Anthalia.

Code: Select all

{IF side_number equals 1}
        [if]
            [have_unit]
                side=3
                [filter_location]
                    terrain=*^B*
                [/filter_location]
            [/have_unit]
            [else]
                {IF_TRUE house_rats_dead}
                {ELSE}
                {GENERIC_UNIT 3 "Giant Rat" 43 6}
                {END_IF}
                {END_IF}
                {END_IF_WITHOUT_ELSE}
            [/event]
            [event] # spawns orc groups
                name=side turn
Seriously, wtf.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

vghetto wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:34 pm Btw, the icon for Fate of a Princess on the addon server doesn't work.
fixed and updated
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

vghetto wrote: January 14th, 2022, 8:10 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:52 pm I am taking a look into Langrisser_Sample_Campaign but I am a bit confused if requires a dependency of era of squads or not. It also has loads of custom tags but no lua to support them...Weird. Should be dropped or probed a bit further?
I'll check it later, for now I'll move it to the low priority list. Please feel free to pick something else that might interest you.
Langrisser Sample Campaign seems to have sparked a discussion regarding copyright materials in it (the music and dialog). We better not even touch it. :shock:

I think I will resume my updates on the SotW, AOIRW and UtbSS12 for the time being.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I ported and uploaded Anthalia to 1.14 and 1.16.
This is based on the 1.12 version with the additional changes and fixes that existed in the short lived 1.14 version.
Someone was kind enough to send me a copy of that. Thanks again!

I didn't test all of the scenarios. Please report any problems that you might find.
Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 15th, 2022, 6:44 am Langrisser Sample Campaign seems to have sparked a discussion regarding copyright materials in it (the music and dialog). We better not even touch it. :shock:
I don't understand. What's wrong with it exactly? It is still on the 1.12 add-ons server so it can't be that bad of an alleged copyright infringement.
Argesilao2 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 10:45 pm fixed and updated
Thanks!

Edit: I'll be doing Rebellion_in_the_North next.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

vghetto wrote: January 15th, 2022, 6:34 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 15th, 2022, 6:44 am Langrisser Sample Campaign seems to have sparked a discussion regarding copyright materials in it (the music and dialog). We better not even touch it. :shock:
I don't understand. What's wrong with it exactly? It is still on the 1.12 add-ons server so it can't be that bad of an alleged copyright infringement.
If you see this let's play of Langrisser and go to timestamp 19:00 you can see that dialog is exactly like turn 2 of the scenario file. Also, the music files seem to have been taken from the langrisser II game itself.

Additionally, it has to be stated that nobody between 1.12 and 1.14 (even in 1.16) runs copyright check on add-ons. So, unless pointed out, we may never know until the add-on gets reported.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Ah, ok then. I never heard of Langrisser before.
Dropped.

Edit:
Rebellion_in_the_North ported and uploaded to 1.14 and 1.16.
I didn't test every scenario, just the first 10 and it all seems straight forward and typical story based campaign.
Please let me know if something is broken.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Just uploaded Sleuth Sisters to the addons server of BfW 1.16

Contrary to my habits, I haven't tested the whole campaign; the plot is intriguing, and there are a couple of very interesting ideas in the gameplay of some scenarios :) but some situations are really very confusing and could have been better developed :(

In short, this campaign, altough complete and in working order, deserves a maintainer, and it desperately needs it. :hmm:
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Argesilao2 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:40 am Just uploaded Sleuth Sisters to the addons server of BfW 1.16

Contrary to my habits, I haven't tested the whole campaign; the plot is intriguing, and there are a couple of very interesting ideas in the gameplay of some scenarios :) but some situations are really very confusing and could have been better developed :(

In short, this campaign, altough complete and in working order, deserves a maintainer, and it desperately needs it. :hmm:
Ok, thanks! I updated the list.
If something comes up with it, would you fix it?

Edit: Rally_For_Roanic is next for me.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

vghetto wrote: January 14th, 2022, 8:10 pm As for me, here's a sample of Anthalia.
Seriously, wtf.
In these situations (well, maybe not in this specific one), the [elseif] tag may be useful. It didn't exist until version 1.13.0 (when I implemented it), so add-ons on the 1.12 server and below can be updated to use it if there are too many nested [if] [else] tags or if there are some weird macros.

Another note that might be useful for the porting project: starting with version 1.17.0, the [heal_unit] tag won't set the $heal_amount variable by default any more. Instead, I added in 608a2bf support for a variable= key, which for every unit being healed will store in an array its ID and amount of gained hitpoints. This means that clearing the heal_amount variable won't be needed any more.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

vghetto wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:28 am If something comes up with it, would you fix it?
Of course, after all, I have a moral responsibility for the campaign.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Argesilao2 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:55 pm
vghetto wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:28 am If something comes up with it, would you fix it?
Of course, after all, I have a moral responsibility for the campaign.
I feel like I should make another check up pass on Forgotten Kingdom to patch the typos and stuff.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

@all thank you!

I uploaded Rally For Roanic to 1.14 and 1.16.
I had to disable all bigmap markers; {NEW_BATTLE} {OLD_JOURNEY} {NEW_JOURNEY} because they broke wesnoth.
I'll reinstate them once I figure out how to fix them.

Btw, I had the same problem with one of the screens in Roar of the Woses. In that case, I only had to adjust the x value with whatever value the error showed. For some reason it didn't work this time.

I don't know what I'm porting next. Feel free to let me know if you have a preference for one of them.