vghetto port project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rogul

Re: vghetto port project

Post by rogul »

Hi,
I am interested in porting Elves Banding for War to 1.16, have pm'd the creator a few days ago, haven't heard back so will start on it, unless someone else is already doing it.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

rogul wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:45 pm Hi,
I am interested in porting Elves Banding for War to 1.16, have pm'd the creator a few days ago, haven't heard back so will start on it, unless someone else is already doing it.
That's awesome, I'll remove it from the list. Thank you.
Argesilao2 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 9:42 pm I just finished the campaign Brave Wings, played in BfW 1.16.1, normal difficult.

The standing animation of the newtype (sorry Amuro :lol: ) drakes don't work; the [standing_animation] tags in the [unit_type] should be replaced by the macro DRAKE_STANDING_ANIMATION; I tested it and works :eng:
Do you have the patch for this fix?
Did you change the [standing_anim] in each units/drakes/* or just the BW_STANDING_ANIM macro in utils/bw-animations.cfg?

Edit:
Amaranthine_Stone uploaded to 1.16
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

heh, I just realized that Northern Forces and Fate of a Princess are somehow linked together (they share the same thread). I didn't know that Fate of a Princess was a SkyOne campaign :/
Was there plans to updating Northern Forces along with Fate of a Princess?
I'm almost done with Northern Forces. I'm on scenario 14 with 4 left.
Argesilao2 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 7:26 pm It's all right if I'll try to port to 1.16 Fate of a Princess?

If mich worked on it, then that campaign sure deserves to be updated, but I don't want to intrude on someone else's work. :hmm:
@Argesilao2 are you still interested in porting it? I'm putting Fate of a Princess back on my list, the guy that was supposed to update it can take our port or do fresh port on his own. Either way I'm not waiting for him to show up, and we're more likely to have a working playable version much sooner than he does. What do you think, do you still want to do it?
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

vghetto wrote: January 8th, 2022, 1:34 pm heh, I just realized that Northern Forces and Fate of a Princess are somehow linked together (they share the same thread). I didn't know that Fate of a Princess was a SkyOne campaign :/
They're not really linked together - Northern Forces was written years after Fate of a Princess. (Well, they're kind of linked together in that all of SkyOne's campaigns are set in the same continuity, but I'm not sure how they ended up in the same topic - I think there was no topic for Northern Forces and people started discussing it in the Fate of a Princess topic, so it probably just became the de facto topic for Northern Forces.)
vghetto wrote: January 8th, 2022, 1:34 pm Was there plans to updating Northern Forces along with Fate of a Princess?
I don't think Simons Mith was ever involved in writing Northern Forces at all, so probably not.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

vghetto wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:55 pm
Argesilao2 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 9:42 pm I just finished the campaign Brave Wings, played in BfW 1.16.1, normal difficult.

The standing animation of the newtype (sorry Amuro :lol: ) drakes don't work; the [standing_animation] tags in the [unit_type] should be replaced by the macro DRAKE_STANDING_ANIMATION; I tested it and works :eng:
Do you have the patch for this fix?
Did you change the [standing_anim] in each units/drakes/* or just the BW_STANDING_ANIM macro in utils/bw-animations.cfg?
Well, all I did was replace the [standing_animation] tag in the unit's cfg file with the macro DRAKE_STANDING_ANIMATION used for the mainline drakes units.
vghetto wrote: January 8th, 2022, 1:34 pm @Argesilao2 are you still interested in porting it? I'm putting Fate of a Princess back on my list, the guy that was supposed to update it can take our port or do fresh port on his own. Either way I'm not waiting for him to show up, and we're more likely to have a working playable version much sooner than he does. What do you think, do you still want to do it?
I'm interested and ready for action 8)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hello,

I have ported The Dark Hordes from 1.10 to 1.16. (skipped the current joke in 1.14 intentionally since we all know what that is). I ported it as part of the vghetto upload project (the shared passphrase and all). Whether I wish to maintain or not depends on my current schedule. Got 2 mainline projects to do already.

As for the status, I played my way through part 1 and it was working bugfree. As for part 2, that's incomplete in this untainted version.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Argesilao2 wrote: January 8th, 2022, 4:34 pm I'm interested and ready for action 8)
Great, thanks!
Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 8th, 2022, 7:25 pm Hello,

I have ported The Dark Hordes from 1.10 to 1.16. (skipped the current joke in 1.14 intentionally since we all know what that is). I ported it as part of the vghetto upload project (the shared passphrase and all). Whether I wish to maintain or not depends on my current schedule. Got 2 mainline projects to do already.

As for the status, I played my way through part 1 and it was working bugfree. As for part 2, that's incomplete in this untainted version.
Alright then, I added it to the list.
Did you forget to copy the mod's _server.pbl description?
Did you port this from the 0.7.1a version or is there an actual 0.0.8 version somewhere? The upload version base says 0.0.8.

--------

Northern_Forces ported and uploaded to 1.14 and 1.16
@gnombat thanks for clearing it up!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Did you forget to copy the mod's _server.pbl description?
Did you port this from the 0.7.1a version or is there an actual 0.0.8 version somewhere? The upload version base says 0.0.8.
I copied the _server.pbl sample file you provided here, and slightly edited it for the title, author, and version fields. As for the version number, I mixed up versions 0.0.7 and 0.7.1 but it should be okay since the campaign isn't actually complete.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Ok, it's not a big deal.
On the next update round I'll add the description and change the version to "0.7.1a-2"
The description for the 1.10 addon is:

Code: Select all

Lead fugitive dark sorcerer Gwiti Ha'atel to mastery of the undead hordes. Eleven playable scenarios so far. Originally made by Circon, edited by Bruno and pjr a long time ago, currently maintained by AI.
Thank you for the port! I hope you do decide to maintain it eventually.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Thank you for the port! I hope you do decide to maintain it eventually.
I would have to remake some scenarios since I feel the mage tower one and the cave ones could have gone better. Plus, It'd be nice if I could get my hands on the original design plans on TDH. There is a STORYBOARD.txt file in it, but...well, it doesn't seem to go beyond S12. Would be nice to what the next 6 scenarios were supposed to be.

As for the description, I guess remove the current maintainer part? As I don't think AI is active much these days.

Also, next up, I might port "The Hidden Kingdom", if that's not taken already?
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 9th, 2022, 8:06 am Also, next up, I might port "The Hidden Kingdom", if that's not taken already?
I'm still working on the update round my self. Hopefully, Argesilao2 is porting Fate of a Princess. I don't know what happened to Descacharrado.

I might do Roar_of_the_Woses after that.
There's some formula AI (fai) in it that might be tricky for me to do. I don't know if I'll keep it as is and let someone else worry about it when fai gets removed from wesnoth or do the work now and change it to micro_ai.

Edit:
Lua Candidate Action rather.
https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LuaAI
https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Creating_Custo ... _Custom_AI
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Konrad2 wrote: January 9th, 2022, 9:07 am Are there any plans to port Forgotten Kingdom?
Sure, why not. I added Forgotten Kingdom to the list.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

vghetto wrote: January 9th, 2022, 10:07 am
Konrad2 wrote: January 9th, 2022, 9:07 am Are there any plans to port Forgotten Kingdom?
Sure, why not. I added Forgotten Kingdom to the list.
I will port this and the hidden kingdom. Lately I have acquired the power of speed-porting. Ported TDH in 30 mins or less so I am rather curious to see if the power holds for more add-ons.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Ported The Hidden Kingdom to 1.16.x. I am a bit disappointed. I expected something epic from it as per the advertised description but all I got was a wine-addict elf. Pfft.
Anyways, FK/Forgotten Kingdom might take a while. I did run through it from first to last, but I think I should play it to see if it works or not in between.