Pestilence (city management scenario 1.16,1.18)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Pestilence (city management scenario 1.16,1.18)

Post by ForestDragon »

Hello everyone. In my spare time, I made a multiplayer scenario for 1.16. You and another commander have recently been tasked with ruling a town. However, as you approach you hear rumors of a mysterious plague ravaging the countryside, as well as unusually frequent raids. Your job is to defend the city, while also reducing the spread of the plague and keeping the populace in line.
screenshot_pestilence1.png
screenshot_pestilence2.png
screenshot_pestilence3.png
Last edited by ForestDragon on February 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingBigMac

Re: Pestilence (city management scenario 1.16)

Post by KingBigMac »

A fun scenario, although I played it solo so didn't get the full experience. (I left one side on AI but I probs should have played both.)

My main feedback would be it's just too easy, if I could win handily with one side being AI.

A fun concept, I like the idea of having to play with a faction you have to protect but don't control with the plague and everything. A concept with potential for sure, even maybe PvP.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

KingBigMac wrote: February 28th, 2022, 3:25 pm My main feedback would be it's just too easy, if I could win handily with one side being AI.
You could try doing some self-imposed challenges, like not using any of the especially inhumane policies
KingBigMac wrote: February 28th, 2022, 3:25 pm A fun concept, I like the idea of having to play with a faction you have to protect but don't control with the plague and everything. A concept with potential for sure, even maybe PvP.
Glad you like it
KingBigMac

Post by KingBigMac »

ForestDragon wrote: February 28th, 2022, 4:57 pm You could try doing some self-imposed challenges, like not using any of the especially inhumane policies
I don't which ones you consider "especially" inhumane lol, but I did go the "mercy" path. Most extreme policy was burning corpses I think.
Anyway I see what you're saying, you could definitely do a lot of that sort of stuff.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

Well it is fun to play, though it is taking me awhile to figure out who has plague and how to manage the city. I will keep at it.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

tr0ll wrote: March 4th, 2022, 3:59 am though it is taking me awhile to figure out who has plague
for the first few turns the infected units will show no symptoms, but after that they will turn green.
ForestDragon

Re: Pestilence (city management scenario 1.16,1.18)

Post by ForestDragon »

Ported Pestilence to 1.18. Not fully tested so let me know if you find any bugs.