WarOfTheGods addon

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
nerhatal

WarOfTheGods addon

Post by nerhatal »

Hello everyone,

For a long time, I played Wesnoth with friends and we really enjoyed playing WarOfTheGods and WarOfTheGods2 addon from chaosrider. Actually, that is our
favourite addon and till this day we were playing it on regular basis in a lot of different scenarios. We were playing wesnoth 1.12 version with no problem, but today when we tried to join a official server we couldn't, game wouldn't let us. We tried installing wesnoth on steam but there is no WarOfTheGods addon in list of addons :( .
My question is, is there a way to install this addon in new version 1.16? (I tried copy pasting the files into addon folder but I got an error that some macro file is missing when I tried to join a server) if not, is there a way to connect with friends over the network using old version 1.12 of wesnoth in which we could play WarOfTheGods?

We really enjoy playing this add-on with all the crazy units so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Nerhatal
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: WarOfTheGods addon

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

nerhatal wrote: November 7th, 2021, 2:31 pm Hello everyone,

For a long time, I played Wesnoth with friends and we really enjoyed playing WarOfTheGods and WarOfTheGods2 addon from chaosrider. Actually, that is our
favourite addon and till this day we were playing it on regular basis in a lot of different scenarios. We were playing wesnoth 1.12 version with no problem, but today when we tried to join a official server we couldn't, game wouldn't let us. We tried installing wesnoth on steam but there is no WarOfTheGods addon in list of addons :( .
My question is, is there a way to install this addon in new version 1.16? (I tried copy pasting the files into addon folder but I got an error that some macro file is missing when I tried to join a server) if not, is there a way to connect with friends over the network using old version 1.12 of wesnoth in which we could play WarOfTheGods?

We really enjoy playing this add-on with all the crazy units so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Nerhatal
If you configure your Steam installation of Wesnoth to "1.14.x (old stable)" from properties/betas...you can get the 1.14 version of the War of the Gods add-on.
My question is, is there a way to install this addon in new version 1.16?
If someone patches it and uploads it for 1.16.x, then you can.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
nerhatal

Post by nerhatal »

Thank you for the quick answer Lord-Knightmare! :D
Reverting to 1.14 did the trick. I hope that 1.14x wont be removed from the options so we can still play it in the future.

Best Regards
Nerhatal
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

1.14 will be removed eventually with 1.18 release.
nerhatal

Post by nerhatal »

Ok but is there any tutorial or someone who can patch WarOfTheGods to be playable with 1.18? Or is there any way to still play 1.14 after 1.18 is out?