History of the campaigns of Wesnoth?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shevegen

History of the campaigns of Wesnoth?

Post by shevegen »

Another slightly ad-hoc question or so.

Is there some way for a "historic overview" of campaigns, including status and what not?

I guess a HTML table may suffice, perhaps even auto-generated if anyone is ever bored.

Example:

CAMPAIGN | CREATED | MAINTAINED
------------------------------------------
the lost dwarves | 10th April 2005 | yes
the heroic unicorn | 20th May 2006 | no

and so on.

Use case behind this question:

I actually wondered whether I played a lot of campaigns back from 2004 to 2010 or so. Most
of these I probably forgot already. Perhaps some are not totally dead either; sometimes people
come back and may maintain it or add new stuff again. For me this is kind of interesting to know;
not hugely important, but simply interesting. Perhaps also the authors listed and a link to
wherever the source may be. (E. g. if others may want to maintain it, like if some old
author said that others can continue because he has no more time and such.)

This may also give people some opportunity to train their campaign-creation skills e. g.
when they see that they can extend on EXISTING work rather than coming up with
ideas from scratch.
egallager

Re: History of the campaigns of Wesnoth?

Post by egallager »

Konrad2 maintains one of these in Google Sheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =231669847
Krolan

Post by Krolan »

Nice List! Could use a little formatting (in colors or whatnot), but is functional regardless.
I do GPE(Genuine Playing Experience), Screenshot-reinforced and detailed Bug-Reports for Campaigns. If you want me to check yours, be it Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta or finished, let me know. Since I don't know anything about coding, I'll be unable to tell you why something bad happens though. PM me.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Krolan wrote: November 1st, 2021, 4:19 am Nice List! Could use a little formatting (in colors or whatnot), but is functional regardless.
He lets other people edit it, so if you wanted to do some reformatting, he'd probably let you... just make sure to keep him in the loop.