Is it possible to remove add on modifications part way through a campaign

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

UntrustworthyGM

Is it possible to remove add on modifications part way through a campaign

Post by UntrustworthyGM »

I've been playing through legend of the invincibles with Advanced Wesnoth Wars mod.
One of its settings being battlefield bonus xp.
When this bonus xp would cause a unit to level up it instead causes that unit to end up in an xp loop.
Maxing out and then resetting the unit's xp, this effect randomly moves from one unit to another.

I can't end turn or save whilst it is happening, I can load saves though but replaying the same sequence doesn't fix it and I have to manually change the xp level to avoid it happening.

It's probably caused by an interaction with the unusual code of LotI and I'm not sure how to fix it. Would it be possible to simply disable the mod even though the campaign was started with it?

It was fairly similar in appearance to this levelling bug
https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54731
Current Campaigns of Interest:
LotI
A War of Life and Death viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52884
The Fellowship of the Clay viewtopic.php?t=31932
vghetto

Re: Is it possible to remove add on modifications part way through a campaign

Post by vghetto »

I don't know of an easy way.
You could edit the main save file that doesn't have a turn number and remove the addon from there.
Or, you could remove the addon from the add-ons directory and create a dummy mod with the same folder name and [modification] block id but actually does nothing except load.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Is it possible to remove add on modifications part way through a campaign

Post by Ravana »

You say it is setting. So you might be able to set the setting to off state. Depending on when the setting is checked.