(W.I.P.) BloodLust - SP campaign, with living weapons 1.12/1.14/1.16

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ptitboul

Re: (W.I.P.) BloodLust - SP campaign, with living weapons 1.12/1.14/1.16

Post by Ptitboul »

Hello,

I was away from Wesnoth for some time.
Thank you for this feedback.
Part II is still not available, but I started to work on it.
Mathel wrote: April 25th, 2022, 12:23 pm Finished this.
Can you upload your final savegame, so I can propose your team as an option when starting part II?
Mathel wrote: April 25th, 2022, 12:23 pm 1. Sting kills and replaces all units, not just foes. This includes allies and Wielders. When a Wielder is turned in this way, their Weapon is destroyed. (1.14)
It is on purpose that it wounds/kills all non-orc units, allies and foes.
However, if a wielder it turned to an orc, the weapon should not disappear, it should be dropped. I just make a test, and indeed the weapon is dropped. Can you upload a savegame that triggers the bug?
Mathel wrote: April 25th, 2022, 12:23 pm 2. There is no tell as to how to find the library in the Trove scenario. I had to search the .cfg file to find it. You may want to put some rubble or something similar there.
There is a hint on EASY difficulty, but I agree that it may not be sufficient.
I should probably add a hint in the scenario help, or a rubble as you suggest.
Mathel wrote: April 25th, 2022, 12:23 pm 3. A minor one: The library kept throwing errors about the [filter_wml]. But the books were read anyway.
I will try to reproduce it and look if it is an issue with 1.14 only.
My campaign, Bloodlust, is is need of feedback!
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

bubhead wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:56 pm Like this living weapons normally has like 10 attack.
That's normal, that's the effect of epinephine. The description of the effect says that you get a temporary boost, at the cost of a big fatigue. The color of the unit changes to show this status, and in your screenshot the bowman is tired of his previous attack.
More precisely, epinephrine triggers is you have less HP than your opponent; the first turn you get 10 additional attacks (plus drain and mind raid) with Anaklusmos, the second turn you get 5 additional attacks only (plus drain), the third turn you get drain only, the fourth and fifth turns all your attacks lose one attack and 10 damage, then you are back to normal.

The idea is that when its wielder is about to die, Anaklusmos allows him to kill his opponent, drain life and some experience. But then the wielder should retreat.
Mathel

Post by Mathel »

I tried to reproduce the Orc Khan ability destroying weapons (Draupnir specifically) and failed. So either it was a one off, or I missed the item on the ground.

The last savefile of my original playthrough is already included in my last post (BloodLust-The Trove Turn 91.gz)
Phantyx

Post by Phantyx »

[issue]Hey, I've been having issues for one with Draupnir, that if i try to equip it, i get an error message ("Image doesn't fit on canvas. When reporting the bug please include following eroor message: Condition 'as_int >= 0' failed at src/gui/core/canvas.cpp:1041 in function 'dimension_validation'. Extra development information: Image 'weapons/Draupnir-big.png', y=-22") and would be very glad if you could fix that or, if the problem lays on my side, what best to do to fix it.
Also i couldn't get past the 'The trove' level since it was very unclear to me what i had to do.
I am playing on the newest Version available on steam.
Already thanks a lot in advance, i really like the campaign.
[/issue]
Phantyx

Post by Phantyx »

Additionally, something i just noticed, I am unable to open the second Part of the campaign
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Phantyx wrote: July 10th, 2022, 2:05 pm [issue]Hey, I've been having issues for one with Draupnir, that if i try to equip it, i get an error message ("Image doesn't fit on canvas. When reporting the bug please include following eroor message: Condition 'as_int >= 0' failed at src/gui/core/canvas.cpp:1041 in function 'dimension_validation'. Extra development information: Image 'weapons/Draupnir-big.png', y=-22") and would be very glad if you could fix that or, if the problem lays on my side, what best to do to fix it.
Also i couldn't get past the 'The trove' level since it was very unclear to me what i had to do.
I am playing on the newest Version available on steam.
Already thanks a lot in advance, i really like the campaign.
[/issue]
Hello. Sorry for the delay in the answer.

Can you tell me more about your setting? Draupnir should not be different from any other weapon. The "big" image of Draupnir is indeed a bit bigger than the other, its height is 861 pixels, but I would not expect it to be a problem.
The Draupnir-big.png is used as the "image" of a "message", and the documentation at https://wiki.wesnoth.org/InterfaceActio ... message.5D does not indicate any maximal size, so it might be a bug of the version of Wesnoth that you are using.
I have never used steam to install Wesnoth, and I don't know if it changes anything compared to a "normal" installation.
astrakan

Post by astrakan »

Hi. Nice work, the gameplay of this campaign is really nice :mrgreen:

The idea to get no clue on how the weapons work adds a lot to this campaign, since you have to experiment and test things to understand how each one works. Very nice idea!

I also have the same bug with image size of Draupnir (playing on Android port: v1.14.5-53 available on F-droid). The error only appears when one of my units get the item. When another unit takes it (enemy or ally) it works well.

Unfortunately I am now stuck in 'The trove' level. I suspect this is due to the fact I lack one of the living weapons, but I am not sure.
Spoiler:
I would be really happy to get any help :D encloses is a save file.
Attachments
BloodLust-Le Trésor Tour 64.gz
(131.02 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
astrakan

Post by astrakan »

Found the way through!

And feel a bit stupid now...
Spoiler:
Nice job ;)

EDIT 1: added save file after finishing the part I.
EDIT 2: finding the library is really difficult and there is no clue. I had to look into the scenario cfg file to check what is expected.
Attachments
BloodLust-Le Trésor Tour 86.gz
Complete part I
(133.56 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Thank you for this feedback.
I will need to find a way to replicate the bug with Draupnir to see how to report it to Wesnoth developers, but in the meantime I have uploaded an update of BloodLust with a smaller image: version 0.6.4.

About "EDIT 2: finding the library is really difficult and there is no clue. I had to look into the scenario cfg file to check what is expected."
I have updated the inline help to mention that there is this hidden corridor and how it is expected to find it.
You are not the first one saying that this is too difficult.
But I have checked with Wesnoth 1.12, 1.14 and 1.16 on a computer, and if you look closely at the map, you can see that there is a corridor behind that wall, so you know that you have to look for the entrance. Here is a screen shot I took with Wesnoth 1.16, and I circled where the hint is visible.
Screenshot.png
PS: I am still working on part II, but it takes more time than expected.
NMerz

Post by NMerz »

This was a fun campaign, thank you!

I enjoyed finding out (some of) what each weapon does.

I'll add another +1 to getting stuck on the library (until I looked at the hints). I missed the symmetry because I lacked the teleport ability until part way through and spent a while trying to arrange the weapons instead.

+1 as well to filter_wml errors in the library. These currently always evaluate to true.

Part I save game attached as requested.
Attachments
BloodLust-The Trove-Auto-Save85.gz
(125.27 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Snarkus

Post by Snarkus »

Hiya -

Just posting to say I overall really enjoyed this campaign too.

Especially the mission just before The Trove - quite innovative to be part a of kind of a multiplayer "Free for All", where you're initially quite outmatched (if you go in without much gold) and have to start by carefully start taking out enemies to build up your strength, then figuring how to save your allies too.

I managed to save one of the heavy infantrymen I inherited in the very first mission when the guy who tries to save your village karks it, and gave him the weapon that gives lesser berserk - was a beast by the time he got to L3 and a couple of AMLAs 8)

I also think you need to give some more hints in the Trove scenario as I got stuck and it really wasn't fun holding off endless waves of L2 wraiths while I figured what to do, also felt the living weapon locations seemed important but hadn't recalled all the weapon holders from previous mission. Maybe something like, if you get to the bottom area where the spirits come from, one of the characters saying "I can't help but feeling we missed something important back there by the pylon" or something.

Encourage you to finish Part 2 when you get the chance :geek:
alio444

Post by alio444 »

Bonjour je ne trouve pas là ou il faut aller cela fait 2 h que je chercher sans trouver, je suis dans la version 1.14 de bfw. Merci
Attachments
17097387315462250820046638860028.jpg