A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14)

Post by revansurik »

Ford wrote: February 12th, 2021, 2:27 pm Some minor issues I noticed today:

During the dialogue after killing Xerxix in Ssyuriss Fen, I got an error message: "<Invalid WML found> unknown conditional wml: [filter_second]". And if you kill Xerxix with some other unit, it will still trigger dialogue as if Raika killed him, which I think might be a result of the same error.

Another thing - this is very minor and I'm not sure if really worth fixing, but I will report just in case - you can interrogate a saurian with Raika after killing Xerxix, in which case the dialogue does not reflect the facts that at this point you already know the saurians' motives and Lamiya is already rescued.

EDIT: It's possible to accidentally skip the fight against the dragon in Sparks to the Winds by killing all enemy leaders before entering dragon's fortress. If you do, the scenario ends instantly, with no dialogue. Also, am I supposed to be able to recall ships from the previous scenario?
Oh, the filter_second thing shouldn't cause any major problem, it's just something I forgot to remove :doh:
Raika interrogating the saurian after killing Xerxix is something I should work on too. Guess I didn't expect Xerxix to die before Raika could kill anyone :lol:
The dragon thing is something I'll work on too :oops: The Galiyan ships are meant to be in the recall list, yes, as they appear in the following scenario. Or maybe I'll just remove them entirely and add again later, having them in the recall list probably looks kinda ugly :lol:
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Ford

Post by Ford »

Hi again, I've got some new things to report unfortunately.

Hathor can recall and recruit in Dark of the Sun I, including recalling units that were present in the catacombs.

I also experienced the issue with incurable jinx, and it seems that not even ending the scenario fixes the issue: my Warlock got jinxed, and when I recalled him later he was fine at first, but after advancing to Elder his defence is reduced by 15% again (even though he's not marked as jinxed anymore). Is there any way I can fix that (preferably one that won't break anything else) or am I stuck with reduced quality units unless I replay Steps into a Nightmare without getting anyone jinxed somehow?

Investigating the locked doors in Dark of the Sun II causes the dialogue about not being able to open it to appear twice in a row.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ford wrote: February 13th, 2021, 8:26 pm Hi again, I've got some new things to report unfortunately.

Hathor can recall and recruit in Dark of the Sun I, including recalling units that were present in the catacombs.

I also experienced the issue with incurable jinx, and it seems that not even ending the scenario fixes the issue: my Warlock got jinxed, and when I recalled him later he was fine at first, but after advancing to Elder his defence is reduced by 15% again (even though he's not marked as jinxed anymore). Is there any way I can fix that (preferably one that won't break anything else) or am I stuck with reduced quality units unless I replay Steps into a Nightmare without getting anyone jinxed somehow?

Investigating the locked doors in Dark of the Sun II causes the dialogue about not being able to open it to appear twice in a row.
Oh, you did notice Hathor could recruit/recall in Dark of the Sun pt 1 already? Guess I sorely underestimated people, I assumed players would just go on exploring the island :lol: I'll think of a way to stop her from recruiting/recalling, then...
The jinx issue is related to the War of Legends faction. I saw someone posted about it in the faction thread, and Knightmare is already working on it. I'll see if I can find a workaround that doesn't involve you replaying the scenario; perhaps I can send you a modified scenario file where the jinxed units go back to their normal defences... Which scenario are you playing right now?

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Ford

Post by Ford »

revansurik wrote: February 13th, 2021, 9:03 pm
Oh, you did notice Hathor could recruit/recall in Dark of the Sun pt 1 already? Guess I sorely underestimated people, I assumed players would just go on exploring the island :lol: I'll think of a way to stop her from recruiting/recalling, then...
The jinx issue is related to the War of Legends faction. I saw someone posted about it in the faction thread, and Knightmare is already working on it. I'll see if I can find a workaround that doesn't involve you replaying the scenario; perhaps I can send you a modified scenario file where the jinxed units go back to their normal defences... Which scenario are you playing right now?
Haha, how could I start a scenario next to the keep and not check if and what can I recruit and recall? It's an instinctive reaction :D .

I'm in Dark of the Sun II, I stopped playing once I realized the problem with jinx was not fixed by starting a new scenario. I can send you a save file (the automatic one at the start of the scenario, I presume?). If you would be able to fix it, or just tell me how to fix it myself to spare you the effort, that would be very helpful.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ford wrote: February 13th, 2021, 9:28 pm
Haha, how could I start a scenario next to the keep and not check if and what can I recruit and recall? It's an instinctive reaction :D .

I'm in Dark of the Sun II, I stopped playing once I realized the problem with jinx was not fixed by starting a new scenario. I can send you a save file (the automatic one at the start of the scenario, I presume?). If you would be able to fix it, or just tell me how to fix it myself to spare you the effort, that would be very helpful.
Because Hathor isn't the actual leader? :lol: But yeah, I was just too lazy to store all the side 1 units to avoid Hathor recruiting/recalling any :whistle:

Knightmare told me he's already working on a solution, but I can send you a modified version of Dark of the Sun pt 3. I'd make it so that a unit stepping on a specific hex will modify their terrain defences. Is it just the minotaur that is jinxed, or is any other unit with the same issue? If so, which unit types?

;-)
Ford

Post by Ford »

Well, the leader was absent, so it seemed natural to check who's next in line of succession :D .

I misunderstood you, I thought you mean the save file rather than a scenario file. The thing is, I don't really know which units are affected, because as I said the minotaur did not show any symptoms until he leveled up. I could play a bit longer and see if other units who were jinxed will develop the same problem, but I would never be really sure if something else won't trigger it again, especially considering that the post on War of Legends thread suggest that heroes react differently than normal units.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ford wrote: February 13th, 2021, 9:42 pm Well, the leader was absent, so it seemed natural to check who's next in line of succession :D .

I misunderstood you, I thought you mean the save file rather than a scenario file. The thing is, I don't really know which units are affected, because as I said the minotaur did not show any symptoms until he leveled up. I could play a bit longer and see if other units who were jinxed will develop the same problem, but I would never be really sure if something else won't trigger it again, especially considering that the post on War of Legends thread suggest that heroes react differently than normal units.
Let's wait for Knightmare's update then; if you perceive any hero being permanently jinxed, let me know (heroes often have their own unit types, that's probably what that post meant).

;-)
Ford

Post by Ford »

But even if the update fixes the jinx effect itself, it probably won't fix units that already had their stats permanently reduced (considering that the game apparently doesn't consider them to be jinxed anymore), right? I think I will just replay Steps into a Nightmare, it's not such a big problem and I can use debug to kill those cats if I'm unable to prevent them from jinxing me otherwise. Thanks for your help anyway.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ford wrote: February 13th, 2021, 10:16 pm But even if the update fixes the jinx effect itself, it probably won't fix units that already had their stats permanently reduced (considering that the game apparently doesn't consider them to be jinxed anymore), right? I think I will just replay Steps into a Nightmare, it's not such a big problem and I can use debug to kill those cats if I'm unable to prevent them from jinxing me otherwise. Thanks for your help anyway.
The fix was supposed to retroactively correct the jinx effect; besides, it should've been possible to add the correct terrain defences back with an [object] tag - at scenario 27, there's an item that changes the unit's terrain defences ^^''
but, well, at least Steps into a Nightmare isn't a big scenario ^^''

;-)
makalu

Post by makalu »

In the Savannah Winds scenario, in turn 4 I got the ruins explored event and the amulet appears close to the starting keep.
It happened just after the dialogue about heat and sunblockers...
Later getting Maat or savant unit in the ruins for three turns didnt trigger any event.

I will play again Steps into a Nightmare when I install Knightmare's update on the jinx. Only one unit keep the reduced stats on next scenario, but it whas Maat itself. She was the only AMLA unit affected by the curse.
Ford

Post by Ford »

I replayed the scenario without getting anyone important jinxed, it was easier than I expected. But now I'm in Dark of the Sun II and many of the doors don't work properly:
-interacting with door at 8,18 opens 4,29 instead
-interacting with 6,5 opens 8,18
-24,18 cannot be interacted with at all
-interacting with 22,29 causes a door to open in the middle of a corridor at 22,19 (this one looks like a simple typo, 19 instead of 29)

Also if you spare the druid but kill the wose you can open Abhai's cell using the water, and then if you move unit to (already open) door again it will cause the dialogue about opening it with a key to appear (and the error message to show up because the game tries to spawn Abhai again).

Apart from all the bugs, the campaign is really nice so far, with enjoyable scenarios and interesting story.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hi, can you include this line in every scenario you have in this campaign and in any other campaigns that has the weapon special jinx in use?

Code: Select all

{~add-ons/War_of_Legends/macros/curse-global-events.cfg}
Alternately, just add this inside the [campaign][/campaign] once to use the events globally.
It should fix the cursed-not-being-cured bug. I have tested it to be working.
Oops:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Abhais 'berserk' attack doesn't have marksman / counter.
(And his unit name is still 'Kalyon', which was his fake name.)

How am I supposed to win Storm's Landfall? My Windosong Allies die before turn 10. :(

EDIT:
Just some numbers. The northern enemies will recruit for 2100 gold, while my allies have only 700 gold + some guards.
More numbers: The lvl 3 versions of Firstborn cost 51 gold each, and lvl 3 Windsong cost 50ish each. And each Windsong would absolutely get destroyed in a 1vs1 against the Asuri.

(I'm not sure if the Ascendant spells work, except the time freeze.)

EDIT 2:
According to 'A Glimpse of the Darkness' I should be able to awaken Sekmet once per scenario. But I can't do so in Storm's Landfall. (And nothing explicitly tells me I can do it later on in that scenario.)

EDIT 3:
How does one get loyal Elf units from Esthiels Siege?
Attachments
ASotW-Storm's Landfall-Auto-Save8.gz
(228.44 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Let's wait for Knightmare's update then; if you perceive any hero being permanently jinxed, let me know (heroes often have their own unit types, that's probably what that post meant).
Fixed in v1.1.9.2
Just remember to include the global events file-path inside the campaign tag or in every scenario file or the curse is permanent.
Spoiler:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Konrad2 wrote: February 15th, 2021, 10:59 am Abhais 'berserk' attack doesn't have marksman / counter.
(And his unit name is still 'Kalyon', which was his fake name.)

(I'm not sure if the Ascendant spells work, except the time freeze.)

EDIT 2:
According to 'A Glimpse of the Darkness' I should be able to awaken Sekmet once per scenario. But I can't do so in Storm's Landfall. (And nothing explicitly tells me I can do it later on in that scenario.)

EDIT 3:
How does one get loyal Elf units from Esthiels Siege?
Abhai's berserk attack isn't supposed to have marksman or counter (in fact, it's supposed to be used only offensively)
Why is his name still Kalyon, though? :augh:
Ascendants' spell not working is an issue, probably I'll have to resort to the WML forum because I can't see to find a way to make them work :doh:
Sekmet not being available in Storm's Landfall is intentional; at that point, Hathor's still too worn out from using it both in the caves and (supposedly) against Kingu.
The loyal Esthiel elves can be gained by "killing" the turncoat elvish leaders with either of your heroes.

So, people, thanks everyone for the bug listing so far ^^'' Maybe I should've asked someone to playtest it before releasing, but I was kinda excited to release it and waiting for someone to playtest it would've taken a few weeks...
But if AAA companies Bethesda, Ubisoft and CD Projekt Red can release bugfests, then why can't I. Skyrim, AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077... bugs are part of their charm :lol:
Just kiddin', just kiddin'... :P

Anyway, I've just uploaded version 1.0.2 with a few more bugs corrected plus some re-balancing. Some of you might be more interested in knowing I've (slightly) nerfed the Asuri. I didn't simply reduce their damage, mind you (though I did that to some); I mostly re-worked them to be a bit more befitting their purpose. For example, since Apkallu is an armoured, melee version of Ugallu, it loses the skirmisher ability and has weaker ranged attack. Herald of Roshanne and Exalted One, being healers, have lower damage output - while General of Saaya's invincible spear is a bit more survivable.
There are a couple bugs already mentioned which will need a little more working, but I wanted to get these out of the way asap (especially the Asuri thing), so they're due for next version.

Code: Select all

Changelog V. 1.0.2
- Scenarios:
	- Tempest: enemy side recruits fewer high level units
	- Storm's Landfall: Ascendants' side is a bit stronger
	- Dark of the Sun, pt II: buggy gates should not longer be buggy
	- At the Crossroads of Time and Space: Envoys, Heralds and Sun Elves should now be able to pick the bow of Neith
	- Realm of Power: shrine's location is more specific now; Apsu shows up earlier

- Units:
	- Rebalanced the Asuri
	- Raika has leadership ability

;-)