A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Post by revansurik »

Hi everyone! It's been a while, hasn't it ^_^ So, what grander way to return than with a shiny new campaign after all these years, right?

Ladies, gentlemen and all other identities, I present you... the story of the heroes and heroines who preceded Myra, Akhen and Tenma.

A Song of the Winds!

Every era has its heroes and heroines. Before the song of Myra, the odyssey of Akhen Wadjet and the aria of Tenma Yozora, there was the song of the winds that echoed in the mountains and halls at the heart of the Great Continent. Follow young Maat of Hiera'Shirsha and Prince Abhai of Garet-Desh in the war that set the stage for one of the greatest upheavals Irdya has ever witnessed. (Prequel to the Dragon Trilogy; SP campaign, 43 scenarios, including some dialogue-only)

A little backstory on this campaign's creation:
Spoiler:
As always, I'm very interested in hearing your feedback! Did you like it? How well balanced do you think the scenarios were? What did you think of the plot and the characters? (I won't even ask if you found bugs; those who know me will expect a few of them. I'm a writer, not a programmer :lol: But please do let me know of the bugs you find, and I'll work to solve them as soon as possible.

Last, but not least: thank you for playing my campaign!
Last edited by revansurik on March 9th, 2021, 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14)

Post by Konrad2 »

First things first, with other things to follow when I start playing:
It's for 1.14 and not for 1.15. :D

Typo in campaign description when selecting the campaign:
witnessed.( -> witnessed. (

S1
from under the -> away from the (just my guess though)
won't evacuate -> can't evacuate
pose Hiera'Shirsha -> pose to Hiera'Shirsha
I we cannot -> If we cannot

There is no sprite for the ranged attack of the Ugallu. (It disappears when using the ranged attack.)

Your 'daze' doesn't add the 'dazed' miniicon the the unit. (Like the green skull for poison.)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2021, 8:12 pm First things first, with other things to follow when I start playing:
It's for 1.14 and not for 1.15. :D

Typo in campaign description when selecting the campaign:
witnessed.( -> witnessed. (

S1
from under the -> away from the (just my guess though)
won't evacuate -> can't evacuate
pose Hiera'Shirsha -> pose to Hiera'Shirsha
I we cannot -> If we cannot

There is no sprite for the ranged attack of the Ugallu. (It disappears when using the ranged attack.)

Your 'daze' doesn't add the 'dazed' miniicon the the unit. (Like the green skull for poison.)
Why did I have 1.15 in my head? :doh:

Thanks for the heads up on the typos. I've got such an eagle eye for students' works but always lets a few typos slip in my own texts :lol:

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

NO!!! Another Windsong campaign?!?!! My absolute number one favorite faction, for both the lore and the gameplay. Just started the first scenario, it's every bit as delicious as I remember your other campaigns revansurik. And by coincidence, I recently replayed the War of the Dragon after many years as well.

I'm going to savor this one I have a feeling. :) Thanks so much in advance!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Otdoy wrote: February 5th, 2021, 12:01 am NO!!! Another Windsong campaign?!?!! My absolute number one favorite faction, for both the lore and the gameplay. Just started the first scenario, it's every bit as delicious as I remember your other campaigns revansurik. And by coincidence, I recently replayed the War of the Dragon after many years as well.

I'm going to savor this one I have a feeling. :) Thanks so much in advance!
If you like the Windsong, then you should enjoy ASotW, if only for the story ;) One of my biggest regrets is the way I handled them in Aria of the Dragon-Slayer, but I do believe I made them justice with ASotW ^_^

;-)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So...why exactly does 'sacred waters' deal fire damage? (Exalted One and Herald of Roshanee)

S2
The objectives update for the first time when you meet the Wanderer. but nothing has changed. (They do change the second time you meet him.)

Later on the objectives state that I should destroy the Obelisk. So I did. But I didn't win the scenario, nor did the objectives change.

(One turn later....I win because the Elves turn normal again, but the Herald of Roshanee is still on the field.)

S4
7,2 is a village that is not under purples control, unlike every other vilage on the map.

Chaos of Andhera has no ranged attack sprite.

Defeating either Lanthel or Tauryen (the 'proper' way) does not update the scenario objectives.

'eye of empress' (Holy Blade) has no attack icon.

It would be very nice to know which tree leads to where.

When using a Faerie Way, the unit that stand on the exit hex is harmed, not the unit that passes through.

The obelisk on 60.53 disappears when the player loads a save file.
Attachments
ASotW-Winds of War replay.gz
(45.63 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
ASotW-Wanderlust replay.gz
(39.9 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
ASotW-Wanderlust Turn 21.gz
Destroyed Obelisk
(69.33 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
ASotW-Wanderlust Turn 22.gz
Win, but enemy leader still there
(70.04 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

Found a possible bug? Sorry I never do these bug reports so I don't know the protocol... so I'll hide my text as a "spoiler"
Spoiler:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Otdoy wrote: February 6th, 2021, 12:53 am Found a possible bug? Sorry I never do these bug reports so I don't know the protocol... so I'll hide my text as a "spoiler"
Spoiler:
I really need to pay attention to these changing objectives :doh:
But you should be able to go on like that, just keep moving Dvalin towards the dwarven keep ^^''

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Konrad2 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 12:29 pm So...why exactly does 'sacred waters' deal fire damage? (Exalted One and Herald of Roshanee)

Defeating either Lanthel or Tauryen (the 'proper' way) does not update the scenario objectives.

It would be very nice to know which tree leads to where.

When using a Faerie Way, the unit that stand on the exit hex is harmed, not the unit that passes through.

The obelisk on 60.53 disappears when the player loads a save file.
a) About the sacred waters... Think of boiling water and you get the general idea ^^

b) I'll check the objectives, should've placed them under a conditional...

c) Iirc the lower trees lead to the obelisks on the bottom half of the map (lower left to bottom left, for example), and the upper trees lead to the upper half obelisks.

d) Strange about the damage to units leaving the Sylvan Path...

e) Even stranger about the disappearing obelisk :|

;-)
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

Another 'inverted objectives' bug, this time in Rage of the Winds.
Spoiler:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Otdoy wrote: February 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm Another 'inverted objectives' bug, this time in Rage of the Winds.
Spoiler:
Wait, you missed the fight with Angra Mazda? A very important event happens during it! :shock:
I'll have to re-work that scenario, didn't expect people to head to the Mountain Hall before defeating the first Asuri leader ^^''

;-)
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

I defeated the yellow leader, and whilst dealing with the blue one I sent a unit northward to explore, which triggered the event. I realized that things were screwed up so I reloaded an earlier save and started over again.

I'm at Storm's Landfall now..... truly amazing, terrifying units!
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

Possible bug in Storm's Landfall?
Spoiler:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

How strong is my army supposed to be when saving the elvish lord? I'm stuck in that scenario (on hard) because no matter what I get overrun by turn 20. :(
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Otdoy wrote: February 7th, 2021, 4:47 pm Possible bug in Storm's Landfall?
Spoiler:
Oops, yep, that wasn't supposed to happen :doh: That's because Hathor and Sekmet have different IDs, I forgot to add one defeat message for the latter :|

;-)