[Complete] Ladder Tournament #1

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cackfiend

Re: [Open] Ladder Tournament #1

Post by Cackfiend »

Lukraak wrote: January 11th, 2021, 10:23 am Hey this looks fun, I'm in :).
Just to double-check I understand the structure: we play ~5 randomly assigned players, then get seeded into a DE tree based on results?
Only the first round will be random. After that it is swiss style with all the 1-0s playing eachother and then 0-1s playing eachother. Third round would be the 2-0s playing eachother, the 1-1s playing eachother, and the 0-2s playing eachother etc until a cut to top 8

If you're not familiar with Magic: The Gathering tournament structure take a look at it :)
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

If I'm not mistaken, it's like the structure of Swiss tournaments. Usually a number of rounds is defined at the beginning of the tournament.

:eng: In case of a tie between 2 players, the sum of the points of the opponents of each player is calculated. The player with the higher sum is ranked first (it is considered that he has met better players).
diomed

Post by diomed »

Hi, Im in! Need to play ladder era before start, but i will try my best.
Blyat

Post by Blyat »

Hi! Sign me in!
I want to try this!
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

Maboul wrote: January 11th, 2021, 6:59 pm If I'm not mistaken, it's like the structure of Swiss tournaments. Usually a number of rounds is defined at the beginning of the tournament.
It starts like a Swiss, then top 8 qualify for playoffs.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
amikrop

Post by amikrop »

Cackfiend wrote: January 11th, 2021, 4:58 pm
amikrop wrote: January 11th, 2021, 1:18 pm After re-viewing the initial post, I come to say it is best if my registration is removed from the tournament, as I willl have highly irregular availability and will probably just mess the schedule up. I will try to watch games of the tournament though, and still wish best of luck to all the players, and the organizer. Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.
OK, if you change your mind let me know. The tournament starts Feb 1st and you have a week to complete each match.
I will let you know if anything changes, OK. Good luck with the organizing.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Add me up
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
igorbat99

Post by igorbat99 »

Maboul wrote: January 11th, 2021, 6:59 pm If I'm not mistaken, it's like the structure of Swiss tournaments. Usually a number of rounds is defined at the beginning of the tournament.

:eng: In case of a tie between 2 players, the sum of the points of the opponents of each player is calculated. The player with the higher sum is ranked first (it is considered that he has met better players).
afaic there is different rules about it. We can 'count all except X best and Y worst opponent results' or so
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

igorbat99 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 6:11 am

afaic there is different rules about it. We can 'count all except X best and Y worst opponent results' or so
after the rounds of swiss are over, if there is a win/loss tie then the players that will make it into the top 8 will get in based on how their opponents did the rest of their tournament.
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Candeg

Post by Candeg »

register me please
Zvhxii

Post by Zvhxii »

Yo count me in please
GBudee

Post by GBudee »

I will attend!
2LettersSho

Post by 2LettersSho »

Here I am, keen to play. If I win a single match it'll be amazing but fun nonetheless!
Tondo

Post by Tondo »

OK Cackfiend, put me on the list :)
Undertaker2

Post by Undertaker2 »

Hello!Put me on the list too...im ready to crush :D