Up the River Bork

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mirion147

Re: Up the River Bork

Post by Mirion147 »

V0.3.7 is out!

Changelog things:
Spoiler:
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

I don't understand the reference to "clearing snow". Did I miss something?
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

WLFobe wrote: November 1st, 2022, 9:17 pm I don't understand the reference to "clearing snow". Did I miss something?
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here?
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

From the post right before mine:

Ep5: Added dialog to make it more understandable that you cannot undo when clearing snow.
Ep5: Cleaned up some of the variable spam.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

So i recently adjusted the way Ep5 works, now there is a way to alter the terrain, but doing so will not allow you to undo.
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

So how do you alter terrain?

And why would you do so while being chased by a horde of undead?
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Have you played through the scenario since the change?
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

I played the campaign on easy-mode until I lost on scenario 4, "Battle in the Fog."

Details of my defeat...
Spoiler:
I found the scenarios I played enjoyable, and thought they had interesting objectives and innovations.

Minor criticisms of the 4 levels...
Spoiler:
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Helmet wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:44 pm I played the campaign on easy-mode until I lost on scenario 4, "Battle in the Fog."

Details of my defeat...
Spoiler:
Thanks for trying it out! I haven't gotten hardly any feedback on easy mode so it is much appreciated! Would you mind uploading at least the replay of S4? You can upload the rest, if you want, I'm curious to see how it went for you.

Do you plan on attempting a different strategy?
Helmet wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:44 pm I found the scenarios I played enjoyable, and thought they had interesting objectives and innovations.
I'm glad you've enjoyed what you've played, I've tried to keep things interesting in story, gameplay, and mechanics!
Helmet wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:44 pm Minor criticisms of the 4 levels...
Spoiler:
I think I get what you mean by this, I'll look into making this more seamless. As well as fixing the error.
Helmet wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:44 pm
Spoiler:
Irt S3 in the caves:
Spoiler:
Helmet wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:44 pm In scenario 4, a peasant opens his door and standing there is a goblin, and the peasant says, "Orcs! Where did you come from?"

Lastly, I found scenario 4 very hard. For easy mode, there sure were a lot of pikemen. :shock:
[/spoiler]
While I see you point about the goblin/orc in S4, a goblin IS an orc, in wesnoth, just a smaller version of one.

I'll take a look at what I can do about S4 for easy mode! As before, I'd be interested to see the replay!
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Mirion147 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:59 am While I see you point about the goblin/orc in S4, a goblin IS an orc, in wesnoth, just a smaller version of one.
Oh, right! I forgot about goblins being puny orcs.
Mirion147 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:59 am I'll take a look at what I can do about S4 for easy mode! As before, I'd be interested to see the replay!
I usually play campaigns on Easy mode. I have a hard time keeping my Level 2 units alive, and I don't take moves back, so I seldom make it far in Normal and Hard modes.

I tried to attach the scenario 4 replay, but couldn't get it to work. What is the process for attaching replays? I thought it was like attaching an image, but I must be doing something wrong. Thanks.
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Helmet wrote: November 6th, 2022, 5:18 am I usually play campaigns on Easy mode. I have a hard time keeping my Level 2 units alive, and I don't take moves back, so I seldom make it far in Normal and Hard modes.
I feel that, I usually play normal mode but with a decent bit of savescumming XD. I already know I'm not very good at the game haha.
Helmet wrote: November 6th, 2022, 5:18 am I tried to attach the scenario 4 replay, but couldn't get it to work. What is the process for attaching replays? I thought it was like attaching an image, but I must be doing something wrong. Thanks.
So in the full editor you should be able to hit attachments underneath the [save draft] [preview] [submit] buttons and next to [options] which is auto selected. then you just hit [add files] and browse. If you're having trouble finding the file you can always go into wesnoth and pull up the load menu and hit the folder icon which will pull up the save folder, and you can move it/them to a more easily findable location.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Mirion147 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 5:36 am So in the full editor you should be able to hit attachments...
Oh. Thanks. I hadn't noticed the attachments tab before, way down at the bottom where I never look. :P
UtRB-Battle in the Fog replay 20221105-152921.gz
Scenario 4 Replay, easy mode
(86.3 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Author of:
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Oh my, lol. So the biggest problem I saw in your playthrough was that purple had free reign to grab villages wound up getting 40+ gold per turn XD.

I will be reducing his gold as well as some other things!
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Hello again! V0.3.8 is out! As always, changelog available below! A few small changes but also added a few decent changes to Easy mode! Just to make it a bit easier! (I'm considering lowering gold carryover for easy mode though cause it's probably toooo easy lol).
Spoiler:
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Mirion147 wrote: November 7th, 2022, 4:16 am Oh my, lol. So the biggest problem I saw in your playthrough was that purple had free reign to grab villages wound up getting 40+ gold per turn XD.
You know the movie Starship Troopers? Remember the scene where the space marines first arrive on the bug planet and get swarmed? After playing scenario 4, I think I know what the space marines must've felt like. :)
Mirion147 wrote: November 7th, 2022, 4:16 am I will be reducing his gold as well as some other things!
Yes, I thought the gold was probably too generous. But, as a player, you're never sure. Maybe 200 gold carryover is a lot... :D...or maybe it isn't. Maybe I need 400 gold carryover to survive the next scenario and I'm doomed! :shock:
Author of: