A War of Life and Death

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A War of Life and Death

Post by Konrad2 »

S12
Thanks for the pokemon reference.
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Konrad2 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 9:19 am S12
Thanks for the pokemon reference.
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

You're most welcome. :D
Last edited by Epyriel on March 23rd, 2024, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S15
'Death of Neia' appears twice the in the scenario objectives.
(And FTR, there are some typos in S13 and S14, but this time I forgot to take note of them.)
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Konrad2 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 7:20 am S15
'Death of Neia' appears twice the in the scenario objectives.
Should now be fixed. Thanks for alerting me :)
Konrad2 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 7:20 am (And FTR, there are some typos in S13 and S14, but this time I forgot to take note of them.)
I will try to iron those out over time. If you see anymore feel free to let me know. ^_^
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Elvish Fae Lord is missing a macro for AMLA.

S15
nerely -> nearly

Is side 2 doing something special? The game freezes a couple of times every time side 2 has it's turn.

Btw, why are you shipping the whole RotL together with your campaign instead of making RotL a dependency?
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Konrad2 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 6:53 pm Elvish Fae Lord is missing a macro for AMLA.

S15
nerely -> nearly
Both fixed now. Thanks. ^_^
Konrad2 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 6:53 pm Is side 2 doing something special? The game freezes a couple of times every time side 2 has it's turn.
Yeah, I'm not sure why that happens. There does not seem to be anything offensive in the code to make it lag. I will play around with it later and see if I can fix it.
Konrad2 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 6:53 pm Btw, why are you shipping the whole RotL together with your campaign instead of making RotL a dependency?
Because I wanted to be able to make changes to RotL to integrate it more smoothly into my campaign. For example I needed to change some of the units to make them more lore friendly and to generally not feel out of place. I also switched around some of the portraits so that certain characters would not have the same portraits as generic units. On top of that I played around with the attacks and stats of some other units. And since the code present is not flawless I wanted to be able to fix and change things as I chose.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is there some kind of trick to Road of Peril? My units are dying like flies. :( Why won't the Caravans stay with meeee. D:

EDIT:
Btw the previously 'enemies are already dead on tun 17' would be at least partially because of how 'fast the caravans are, and you usually trigger a new caravan just by protecting the ones you already have. I'd suggest giving them 1 less mp, and instantly moving the caravans to the stronghold once all enemy units have been defeated.
Attachments
WLD-Road of Peril-Auto-Save18.gz
(115.5 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
WLD-Road of Peril-Auto-Save13.gz
(121.13 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2020, 9:45 pm Is there some kind of trick to Road of Peril? My units are dying like flies. :( Why won't the Caravans stay with meeee. D:

EDIT:
Btw the previously 'enemies are already dead on tun 17' would be at least partially because of how 'fast the caravans are, and you usually trigger a new caravan just by protecting the ones you already have. I'd suggest giving them 1 less mp, and instantly moving the caravans to the stronghold once all enemy units have been defeated.
Thanks for the feedback. I have just released an update for Road of Peril. I have reduced the movement speed of caravans so it should make it easier to stick with them. I also added an event that shall move all caravans to the stronghold once all enemy leaders are beaten. Hope this helps. :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S15
Thats -> That's
you're help -> your help
Da'Tonk -> Dan'Tonk

I can see that you've added a 16th scenario, but you didn't add a 'next scenario' for S15.
...okay, I can see now why you didn't add it yet as a 'next scenario'.

S16
Da'Tonk -> Dan'Tonk
Hi. -> Some dialogue you have yet to implement. :D

The Pikeman on 20,7 doesn't stay on his post, instead he's rushing at me across the map.
rmj

Post by rmj »

Some grammer suggestions
Spoiler:
rmj
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Konrad2 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 7:21 am S15
Thats -> That's
you're help -> your help
Da'Tonk -> Dan'Tonk
Thanks again for the help. These should all be fixed now. :)
Konrad2 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 7:21 am I can see that you've added a 16th scenario, but you didn't add a 'next scenario' for S15.
...okay, I can see now why you didn't add it yet as a 'next scenario'.
Yup still working on that. Progress is a lot slower now that school has resumed, but I'll post an update here when it is ready. :D
Konrad2 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 7:21 am S16
Da'Tonk -> Dan'Tonk
Hi. -> Some dialogue you have yet to implement. :D

The Pikeman on 20,7 doesn't stay on his post, instead he's rushing at me across the map.
Lol, helping me before it is even released, thanks! :lol:
Should all be fixed now.
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

rmj wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:29 pm Some grammer suggestions
Spoiler:
Thanks again for the very extensive list of grammar corrections and suggestions. I have recently released an update to attend to all the typos and suggestions you flagged. :)

Although you seem to be using an outdated version as some of these issues have already been addressed. I suggest you update your version. ;)
rmj wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:29 pm Sc.10 Shadows
line454: error message, [gold] missing amount
Yep, already fixed. Simply update your version.
rmj wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:29 pm Sc.11 Den of Flames
Drake Talon disappears while attacking
Yeah someone else also raised this issue. I am glad to say it is now resolved. No more disappearing acts from certain drakes. :D
rmj wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:29 pm Sc.14 Pursued
Much more difficult than earlier scenarios

Sc.15 Road of Peril
I had to diminish enemy gold to win this scenario.
Thanks for your input. I have recently released a balancing update, and your feedback was taken into consideration.
Beon

Post by Beon »

HI there!

Did your project die? I was looking for some new campaigns and stumbled over "A War of Life and Death".
The thread made it look, like you were making great progress, but activity ceased for over 18 months now.

Too bad! Was looking forward to install and give feedback.

Good luck to you and best wishes for some spare time to continue this promising Add-On.

Cheers

Beon
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Beon wrote: February 10th, 2022, 5:13 am HI there!

Did your project die? I was looking for some new campaigns and stumbled over "A War of Life and Death".
The thread made it look, like you were making great progress, but activity ceased for over 18 months now.

Too bad! Was looking forward to install and give feedback.

Good luck to you and best wishes for some spare time to continue this promising Add-On.

Cheers

Beon
Hi!

Sorry for the very late response, I have been very busy at University and have not had much time to work on this. With exams done, I might be able to continue to work on this, this summer.

If you happen to stumble back upon here I would welcome any feedback you have. Fixes and balances for existing content takes priority over new scenarios.

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you have a good summer.
Epyriel

Post by Epyriel »

Update: A War of Life and Death has now been updated and uploaded to Wesnoth 1.16!

If anyone finds any issues with the transition, or has any suggestions please let me know! :)