WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ihategrimalkin

Re: WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Post by ihategrimalkin »

Hello guy,
Do we have a basic guideline for how to play this campaign? I'd appreciate any information you guy could give me.
I very like this game but I feel like i'm missing something during the whole game.
I just spawn "farm" and "village on hill" the whole game, build some military buildings and kill invaders, but then i get stuck at summer season with +2 gold.
What should we do with all these animals keep running around the map?
KingBigMac

Post by KingBigMac »

ihategrimalkin wrote: February 20th, 2022, 2:59 pm Hello guy,
Do we have a basic guideline for how to play this campaign? I'd appreciate any information you guy could give me.
I very like this game but I feel like i'm missing something during the whole game.
I just spawn "farm" and "village on hill" the whole game, build some military buildings and kill invaders, but then i get stuck at summer season with +2 gold.
What should we do with all these animals keep running around the map?
You get this trade unit (caravan (?)) and it will tell you like "send north to establish trade" and basically you move the unit to whichever post the objective indicates and once it gets there your income is restored and your villages make money as usual.
ihategrimalkin

Post by ihategrimalkin »

KingBigMac wrote: February 20th, 2022, 11:13 pm You get this trade unit (caravan (?)) and it will tell you like "send north to establish trade" and basically you move the unit to whichever post the objective indicates and once it gets there your income is restored and your villages make money as usual.
Thank you, it helps a lot.
do we usually discuss in here or discord, if we ahave any discord, can i join?
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

ihategrimalkin wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 8:40 am do we usually discuss in here or discord, if we ahave any discord, can i join?
As far as i know there is no official discord for this modification.
Numero

Post by Numero »

hello I have played the campaign now a a few times in farming version, just wanted to say that I liked it very, very much.
As a suggestion I would bring up the tunnels, I don't know how complicated it would be to program, but what if you could build entrences cheaper and then have a version of the map underground where the workers would then have to dig, different earths would be more expensive or cheaper to dig. Maybe above ground with flat land you could then build the tunnel cheaper.

Maybe there would be potential for trolls invading your tunnels or you having to escape via them, or you discover dwarven caves.
GrandMarshalEmil

Post by GrandMarshalEmil »

Hi! I absolutely love this game mode! I've tried making my own personal version of it to suit my roleplaying/settlement building/defending needs, but may I know which code to tweak so that occupying non-human keep tiles don't automatically destroy the tile?
vghetto2

Post by vghetto2 »

GrandMarshalEmil wrote: December 31st, 2023, 12:56 am Hi! I absolutely love this game mode! I've tried making my own personal version of it to suit my roleplaying/settlement building/defending needs, but may I know which code to tweak so that occupying non-human keep tiles don't automatically destroy the tile?
Hi there!
I'm glad you like it. I don't remember the code much, it's been a while.
I'm guessing you need to comment out the entire burn_enemy_keep event block that's found in utils/enemies.cfg.

Good luck.
mentos987

Post by mentos987 »

There are 9 sides and 16 start positions marked on the map.
{YOU_ARE_SIDE1 no}
{ANIMALS_ARE_SIDE2 0}
{OUTLAWS_ARE_SIDE3}
{BANDITS_ARE_SIDE4}
{ORCS_ARE_SIDE5}
{ELVES_ARE_SIDE6}
{UNDEAD_ARE_SIDE7}
{CALAMITY_IS_SIDE8}
{FRIENDS_ARE_SIDE9}

Is there a list anywhere for what each start position is used as? I am making a custom map for your campaign.
Attachments
Untitled.png
vghetto2

Post by vghetto2 »

mentos987 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 3:30 pm There are 9 sides and 16 start positions marked on the map.
{YOU_ARE_SIDE1 no}
{ANIMALS_ARE_SIDE2 0}
{OUTLAWS_ARE_SIDE3}
{BANDITS_ARE_SIDE4}
{ORCS_ARE_SIDE5}
{ELVES_ARE_SIDE6}
{UNDEAD_ARE_SIDE7}
{CALAMITY_IS_SIDE8}
{FRIENDS_ARE_SIDE9}

Is there a list anywhere for what each start position is used as? I am making a custom map for your campaign.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the code much. I should have commented it better. The maps in WF are auto generated. If you want to create an initial building setup, you could use the map mask to do that. Look at the maps/30x30.mask file for an example.
The sides starting positions are probably dummy place holders. Spawning locations happen randomly throughout the map.
Side 1,9 are friendlies. 2-4 are regular enemies. 5-8 are special enemies that spawn in specific seasons.
I wish I could have been more helpful.
mentos987

Post by mentos987 »

"Spawning locations happen randomly throughout the map" do you remember it it has any adjusting for terrain? Would be bad if units spawned in deep sea.

Do you foresee big issues with the map I posted above?
vghetto2

Post by vghetto2 »

mentos987 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:51 pm "Spawning locations happen randomly throughout the map" do you remember it it has any adjusting for terrain? Would be bad if units spawned in deep sea.

Do you foresee big issues with the map I posted above?
I don't think so. Here's what you can do. Save your map as Wild_Frontiers/maps/WF_map.mask and start the game.
Replace any part of your map that you want the map generator to create for you with the tile _f