The Dark Master

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Re: The Dark Master

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 9:17 pm
hermestrismi wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:37 pm
Rendy55 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:23 pm
hermestrismi wrote: June 18th, 2022, 4:00 pm
edit: and what version of the dark master exactly ?
Yes i have downloaded resources
Version 0.4.3b
I updated a new version with deleted refrence
can you upload it and tell me if it works? (since I didn't see this error on my precedent version)
Its working now,thanks for fast solve of this issue.
you welcome . have fun :eng:
and comment your review later
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

In scenario maze of Death you give Gwiti on my side and i can controll him.

In first scenario of part 2 with trolls i suggest give more turns i have finished it in 20/20 turn by Elynia killing most of trolls and both leaders i wouldn't succes if she have had worse aim .
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.3_20.06.2022_13_34_20.png
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 11:46 am In scenario maze of Death you give Gwiti on my side and i can controll him.

In first scenario of part 2 with trolls i suggest give more turns i have finished it in 20/20 turn by Elynia killing most of trolls and both leaders i wouldn't succes if she have had worse aim .
thank you for reporting this.
I need to know what version plz? and
Spoiler:
Edit:
try version 0.4.3e (i uploaded it now). tell me if the bug is solved. if not, the problem is on
Spoiler:
and i will check it then
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

0.4.3c version i had.
No i don't finished TDH.
How theasy campaigns are connected?
Now its solved gwiti is not mine anymore.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 2:08 pm Now its solved gwiti is not mine anymore.
very good. tell me if there is another bug
for the awakening scenario
I added more turns but
Spoiler:
How theasy campaigns are connected?
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I think i have slain all enemies but still not win.
Attachments
TDM-Maze_of_Dead_Kolo_125.gz
(190.99 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 3:54 pm I think i have slain all enemies but still not win.
Oh my
I did a big mistake while typing some events
I have to ask you upload the version 'f' and repeat again
I am really sorry
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:06 pm
Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 3:54 pm I think i have slain all enemies but still not win.
Oh my
I am really sorry
Whole scenario i must repeat ?
Does anything will change when i go to play TDH and return to TDM in future after completing TDH?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:10 pm
Oh my
I am really sorry
Does anything will change when i go to play TDH and return to TDM in future after completing TDH?
unfortunately yes. but i will upload a new version ('g') with slightly better help (the unit you find will not disappear after scenario end). wait a minute done
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:17 pm
Oh my
I am really sorry
unfortunately yes. but i will upload a new version ('g') with slightly better help (the unit you find will not disappear after scenario end). wait a minute done
Spoiler:
Does this will aply when i already started campaign?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:27 pm
Oh my
I am really sorry
Spoiler:
yes.
Spoiler:
by the way, I wanted to know if you liked the additional menu (easter egges, walkthroughs and music) or not very?
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 20th, 2022, 5:07 pm
Rendy55 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Spoiler:
yes.
Spoiler:
by the way, I wanted to know if you liked the additional menu (easter egges, walkthroughs and music) or not very?
Yes ester eggs and walkthroughts are interesting and helpfull.with music i 've noticed that only one step play .
Btw from which campaigns these tracks are i have never heart about most of them.

I have noticed bug with special elvish archer which i had in scenario meeting but from next scenario "real heroes" i am no longer able to recall him his is not even on death list.
I am now in scenario donjon of evil but i can't pass throught it becouse i get 260gold but enemies have 5k and they are to numerous and even 16 turns is little when i use narrow terrain to take theirs advantage turns run out before i kill them all.
Attachments
TDM-Real_Heroes.gz
(107.84 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
TDM-Meeting_Kolo_18.gz
(221.41 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
TDM-Donjon_of_Evil_ground_floor_replay.gz
(207.24 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 11:54 pm
Yes ester eggs and walkthroughts are interesting and helpful. with music i 've noticed that only one step play .
Btw from which campaigns these tracks are i have never heart about most of them.

I have noticed bug with special elvish archer which i had in scenario meeting but from next scenario "real heroes" i am no longer able to recall him his is not even on death list.
I am now in scenario donjon of evil but i can't pass throught it becouse i get 260gold but enemies have 5k and they are to numerous and even 16 turns is little when i use narrow terrain to take theirs advantage turns run out before i kill them all.
for the music, the tracks represent all (what I found at least) UMC music of BfW 1.0 and BfW 1.2. to know from which campaign I took them , just open the music file of the resources add-on and you will find them organized with the file name represent the campaign .
the playlist is just to change the scenario music and not to create a real playlist so you can change the track when it is completed . If I add a real playlist system , the size of the campaign will be huge (this is why i didn't add BfW 1.4 UMC music ) and a hard bug will appear between scenarios .
for the special archer, he is supposed to be in your recall . I don't know what happened but i will dig to catch the source of the bug :oops:
now, upload version 'h', more gold and turns (this will make the mission easier). the narrow are intentional to do not make you facing a big surprising vague of enemies . but i think that you have right, narrow means also a lot of necessary turns.
edit: if the gold isn't enough again , tell me. unfortunately , since i created the game , i always finish early and get a lot of OP heroes with lot of gold. balancing is always a hard task.
edit: i saw the special elvish avenger in your recall list in the replay. is there another one? and,
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

for the special archer, he is supposed to be in your recall . I don't know what happened but i will dig to catch the source of the bug :oops:
now, upload version 'h', more gold and turns (this will make the mission easier). the narrow are intentional to do not make you facing a big surprising vague of enemies . but i think that you have right, narrow means also a lot of necessary turns.
edit: if the gold isn't enough again , tell me. unfortunately , since i created the game , i always finish early and get a lot of OP heroes with lot of gold. balancing is always a hard task.
edit: i saw the special elvish avenger in your recall list in the replay. is there another one? and,
Spoiler:
Special archer is still available in real heroes and i am sure that i am no longer used him in next scenarios and now when i am in donjon i don't see him in recalllist and he isn't in death list .With garun i also no longer have him in recall list(you can check on saves files).

Btw you beat this scenario in prewious version with low gold and turns?
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.3_23.06.2022_11_18_47.png
TDM-Donjon_of_Evil_ground_floor_Kolo_9.gz
(306.5 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 9:39 am
Special archer is still available in real heroes and i am sure that i am no longer used him in next scenarios and now when i am in donjon i don't see him in recalllist and he isn't in death list .With garun i also no longer have him in recall list(you can check on saves files).
I understand now. This is because the last part happened hundreds of years later. the story itself said that many heroes died from aging except the few that accept tthe terrible Argazaar technology to improve themselves . well, i felt bad to lose many heroes after passing such time to advance them even before your note, and so I will add them to those who accept the Argaazaarian tech. but this change apply only from the start of this chapter , it doesn't make sense to alter it after.
Garun and all his line (sons and great-sons..) have this legacy.
Spoiler:
so you better advance a shaman
for the other question : yup. but with all my heroes max amla including those from other campaigns
note: remeber tht almost every hero you encounter or freed have a secret story and a special amla. some are very rare like shield or darkens or enlightened. Some have even a special attack type like earth or lightning and those ones serving for the plot, too.