The Dark Master

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rendy55

Re: The Dark Master

Post by Rendy55 »

Its great campaign i have enjoy it
Difficulty for me seems hard not normal but playble.
Amla system and heroes are good .
Story is fine but i have not figured Querqrath role in begining i control him but after defeating gwiti hatel he betray me and then he dissapear from story.
At end after dafeating demons my leaders celebrate with victory message and then campaign end without any epilogue or explanation what happened then .(which is something what miss to me .
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:36 pm Its great campaign i have enjoy it
Difficulty for me seems hard not normal but playble.
Amla system and heroes are good .
Story is fine but i have not figured Querqrath role in begining i control him but after defeating gwiti hatel he betray me and then he dissapear from story.
At end after dafeating demons my leaders celebrate with victory message and then campaign end without any epilogue or explanation what happened then .(which is something what miss to me .
I saved the story of the watchers to another campaign if I am still alive but if you played LotI (one of best wesnoth campaign created by Dugi and it inspire me), you will encounter Querqrath at one scenario .
there is a long conversation at the end but I lost it :/ i need to recreate it unfortunately :/.
for the rest, i m really happy that you enjoyed it and you have to know that your reports helped me very much ;) ;)
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 27th, 2022, 10:02 pm
Rendy55 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:36 pm
if you played LotI (one of best wesnoth campaign created by Dugi and it inspire me), you will encounter Querqrath at one scenario .
there is a long conversation at the end but I lost it :/ i need to recreate it unfortunately :/.
About long converzation at end you talking about lotl or dark master?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm
hermestrismi wrote: June 27th, 2022, 10:02 pm
Rendy55 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 8:36 pm
if you played LotI (one of best wesnoth campaign created by Dugi and it inspire me), you will encounter Querqrath at one scenario .
About long converzation at end you talking about lotl or dark master?
Dark Master
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I know he is in one scenario in lotl but as my openent my question was why he betray me after dafeating gwiti and then is no longer in your campaign
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 27th, 2022, 10:24 pm I know he is in one scenario in lotl but as my openent my question was why he betray me after dafeating gwiti and then is no longer in your campaign
he betray Argan because he was afraid from what Argan become and because he realised how much he can go for more power. Querkrath doubt Argan since he transformed his best friend, Rodd, to a vampire but he wasnt sure about his intentions until he tried to take the ruby of fire. it is the moment when he realised his mistake . he left Argan to meet the guardians (Uria...) but they asked him with waatching Lethalia and Efraim (Epilogue 3 I think)
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Thanks for explanation
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Rendy55 wrote: June 28th, 2022, 9:45 am Thanks for explanation
I really spent much time for the story checking and revising (and building links between different campaigns) that I feel it became like the real history with all drama, comedy, tragedy and missing proofs :eng: :eng:
Paskovski

Post by Paskovski »

I played your campaign to the eighth scenario. It has been quite interesting campaign, I liked the story so far especially. One thing that bothers me is the amount of typos in the dialogue, also some of the names start with capital letter and some don't.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Paskovski wrote: June 30th, 2022, 8:29 am I played your campaign to the eighth scenario. It has been quite interesting campaign, I liked the story so far especially. One thing that bothers me is the amount of typos in the dialogue, also some of the names start with capital letter and some don't.
Unfortunately, I didn't start learning English at an early age so my English is not perfect. I run a spell-check for all the dialogues at the bfw 1.16 uploads but still I missed many mistakes.
Sorry for that but if you mention the mistakes, I will correct them.
PS: I am happy that you liked it
Paskovski

Post by Paskovski »

Okay, got to the Donjon of Evil First floor. I didn't understand what I should do after I killed the first enemy leader.
Other remarks:
-Scenario 8 has the number in its name for some reason. (And its pursuit not poursuit.)
-The hero death knight's chill tempest attack is missing an attack icon and why is it arcane????? (It should be cold, right?)
-All the faerie units are missing their fire aura attack icon.
-Why Rod of Justice is not magical? Makes no sense.
-Why I don't have shared vision with my allies in Scenario 27 Apocalypse?
-Scenario 30b Trolls felt extremely stupid. Make some kind of hint about the secret passage. (Mountains were not enough, I had to look up the code to find it.)
-Otherwise been good campaign!
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Paskovski wrote: July 4th, 2022, 8:19 pm Okay, got to the Donjon of Evil First floor. I didn't understand what I should do after I killed the first enemy leader.
Other remarks:
-Scenario 8 has the number in its name for some reason. (And its pursuit not poursuit.)
-The hero death knight's chill tempest attack is missing an attack icon and why is it arcane????? (It should be cold, right?)
-All the faerie units are missing their fire aura attack icon.
-Why Rod of Justice is not magical? Makes no sense.
-Why I don't have shared vision with my allies in Scenario 27 Apocalypse?
-Scenario 30b Trolls felt extremely stupid. Make some kind of hint about the secret passage. (Mountains were not enough, I had to look up the code to find it.)
-Otherwise been good campaign!
Thank you for the report. I will fix the stated points (and they are really important ) but the next update will take time.
Some points need to explain.
- in the Donjon of evil, the player is supposed to be trained enough on 'secret passages' mechanism (stand on something, ...)
- on sc. 27, you are supposed to do not let your allies fighting alone. I remember I planned some events to force the player to always join his allies or to keep an eye on them at least, then by coincidence I changed my plan and I presumed that no shared vision is a better way to force the player to do that (next sc., if the player is carelessly enough, his allies will be destroyed by some events),
- Rod of justice is not Irdyan neither magical. it is a powerful tool with a rare attack_type (electricity) and all Irdyan enemies have 0% resistance to it. Adding a great chance-to-hit will make it OP
- Well, I don't agree with you about trolls First, I liked it :). Second , Remember you Troll Hero when he said 'for a campaign against bad elves, you already killed too many trolls' (part I). The sc. is plenty of secrets. It is not only about killing trolls.
The other points are very good as I said
Paskovski

Post by Paskovski »

Yeah I know about the monoliths, but should I use the narrow passage filled with lava? If yes, demons are too strong for my wraiths and shadows to get through...
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Paskovski wrote: July 5th, 2022, 1:25 pm Yeah I know about the monoliths, but should I use the narrow passage filled with lava? If yes, demons are too strong for my wraiths and shadows to get through...
No, I don't recommend that. in fact, you shall consider block the narrows with powerful units while you advance. But, if you have special heroes from other campaigns (like 'corrupted soul' or 'elvish wyvern master', then the lava passages may become a good way to split enemies forces
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Paskovski wrote: July 5th, 2022, 1:25 pm Yeah I know about the monoliths, but should I use the narrow passage filled with lava? If yes, demons are too strong for my wraiths and shadows to get through...
wait. I misunderstood your comment . there is also regular passages with no lava. did you find them?