Legends of Idaamub

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lhybrideur

Re: Legends of Idaamub

Post by lhybrideur »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: February 24th, 2023, 11:58 am The items say damage increases by 3% but actually the damage is much higher when compared to fists.
Ah I see what you mean.

Ok so the problem is how I phrased the thing. The behavior you see is the normal one.
Io has actually several "variations" based on the melee weapon he has equipped.
Its base stats are 1x2 impact (fist) - 2x3 blade (knife) - 4x1 pierce (spear) - 2x3 impact (club).
The "damage increased by 3%" part is more general: it applies to any hero that will equip this item, Io included.

I will now proceed to add explanations for that at the beginning of the campaign.
Thank you for helping me improving my campaign.
Dragon-Friend

Post by Dragon-Friend »

More proof-reading.
Spoiler:
Also, I had a thought when playing Reaching Zei. Could the mountain path, which leads directly to Zei, be a little wider in places? :hmm: Just a thought I had since every time I use it, I get bottle-necked and stuck in place for ages.
'Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.' Aragorn to Eomer The Lord of the Rings
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Hi Dragon Friend,
thank you very much for improving my campaign once again.
I am progressing in the writing of chapter 4 but slowly at the moment as I am really busy irl.
Dragon-Friend wrote: March 10th, 2023, 3:29 pm Scenario 18b: Frozen Cave
Original: Io: "Well, there doesn't seem to be a clear path that way"
Corrected: Io: "Well, there doesn't seem to be a clear path that way."
Am I missing smth or did you forget to correct?
Original: Io: "To hell with that! Let's go back to the road where we left it."
Problem: Let's not be vulgar. Insults, complaints, and interjections can be much more expressive if the English language is properly used to convey one's feelings.
Corrected: Io: "This fruitless trek through the cold is unbearable! Let's go back to the road where we left it."
What about "This is pointless! Let's go back to the road where we left it."
Also, I had a thought when playing Reaching Zei. Could the mountain path, which leads directly to Zei, be a little wider in places? :hmm: Just a thought I had since every time I use it, I get bottle-necked and stuck in place for ages.
I will play-test that so that the balance of the scenario is not shifted to much.
Dragon-Friend

Post by Dragon-Friend »

lhybrideur wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:02 pm ^
Am I missing smth or did you forget to correct? There was no period at the end of the sentence. Its easy to miss, I was wondering the some thing when I was correcting it. (I collect errors and fix them in a batch later on.)
I am really busy irl. Don't worry, I am not not anxiously waiting for the next chapter. (Happy to not have more work appearing, before I finish with what I am already working on. :lol: )
What about "This is pointless! Let's go back to the road where we left it." Perfect!
I will play-test (the wider mountain path) that so that the balance of the scenario is not shifted to much. you can also experiment with different terrains ie. hills or grass instead of just mountains; so that units can move into the place of a defeated enemy unit. and possibly add a village en-route.
'Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.' Aragorn to Eomer The Lord of the Rings
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Dragon-Friend wrote: March 12th, 2023, 1:10 am Am I missing smth or did you forget to correct? There was no period at the end of the sentence. Its easy to miss, I was wondering the some thing when I was correcting it. (I collect errors and fix them in a batch later on.)
I indeed missed it. Thanks
I will play-test (the wider mountain path) that so that the balance of the scenario is not shifted to much. you can also experiment with different terrains ie. hills or grass instead of just mountains; so that units can move into the place of a defeated enemy unit. and possibly add a village en-route.
I fixed that.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Hi
I am playing this campaign for the first time since very long ago but I am a bit confused.h
How the items sys works? I mean, the inventory is opened only for the leader. The other units cant enter it or even pick their items from the ground. Is it a bug?
Attachments
LoI-Helping neighbors-Auto-Save2.gz
(162.24 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

hermestrismi wrote: March 29th, 2023, 4:22 pm
Hi hermestrismi,
thank you for playing my campaign.
This is not a bug. Only heroes (meaning only the leader in the first scenarios) have an inventory and can pick up items. It is explained at the end of the start dialog and in the help menu.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

lhybrideur wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:01 am
hermestrismi wrote: March 29th, 2023, 4:22 pm
Hi hermestrismi,
thank you for playing my campaign.
This is not a bug. Only heroes (meaning only the leader in the first scenarios) have an inventory and can pick up items. It is explained at the end of the start dialog and in the help menu.
thank you. I missed that. nice campaign
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Working on the new chapter, I realized the campaign has been slightly broken for a year.
It is now normally fixed.
The healing runes were not healing anymore because of a badly written macro. This was making several scenarios overly difficult.

I intend to publish the new chapter before 1.18, but if you find a bug in the current version, I will prioritize fixing it.