Legends of Idaamub

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lhybrideur

Re: Legends of Idaamub

Post by lhybrideur »

Thank you very much for the replays. I will try to watch them asap and get back to you.
WackoJacko wrote:I see you are using the item system, one way of combating this might be to create an item in the boots category which could grant extra movement
I had the same thing in mind. Maybe a mace giving +1 extra movement or smth like that. It would be really easy to do. I however need to think about in which scenario(s) to drop it.
Other possibilities could be that the orc is a criminal or something similar (why he was caged in the first place ;) and so while he doesn't join you, he also doesn't join the enemy, instead attacking you both).
That's a really good idea. There is no reason for the caged unit to be friendly with those who caged it.
So in general theres a few grammatical errors (plurals, tenses, indefinite vs definite article) however these aren't major issues and most users will just skip past and autocorrect them anyway.
My bad. English is not my native language. If you could provide me a list of some mistakes I would be glad to correct them. I will pass the whole campaign through spell check in the meantime to see if I can correct some on my side.
Spoiler:
Concerning last scenario, there is much more dialog in it in the "Chapter 2" version.

Don't worry, I found you post very useful.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I just watched the replay.
Concerning scenario 2, I think the problem is that instead of fighting 3 vs 1 at 16,11, you fight 1 vs 1 which is a slow way to kill an enemy.
Concerning scenario 5, you forgot to equip Lujeje with items at turn 1. Not that you were in a rush, but that would have help her level up. I think it is not clear that you can do that, so I will add a message about it.
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

lhybrideur wrote: January 8th, 2020, 8:51 am
WackoJacko wrote:So in general theres a few grammatical errors (plurals, tenses, indefinite vs definite article) however these aren't major issues and most users will just skip past and autocorrect them anyway.
My bad. English is not my native language. If you could provide me a list of some mistakes I would be glad to correct them. I will pass the whole campaign through spell check in the meantime to see if I can correct some on my side.
Don't worry about it, as I said, its not a big problem. Give me an hour or so and I'll see what I can spot.
With regards to spell check, depending on what you are using, it is great for spelling but usually sucks for grammar :lol:

EDIT 1:
The item descriptions and text in books repeats itself
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 9.45.40 pm.png
EDIT 2:
Grammar and spelling
Spoiler:
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

WackoJacko wrote:The item descriptions and text in books repeats itself
This happens since last LotI update. They changed the way the object description is shown, which now conflict with my way. This will be fixed in next update.

Thank you for the spell check.

I'm currently writing more dialog so I will publish the update once I will be done.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

The update is uploaded. As always, I noticed some typos right after. Those will wait next version.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

The add-on has been updated for compatibility with LoTi 3.2.6.
If you find any bug, please tell me so I can correct it asap.
The current solution is inelegant. I will try to improve it if possible.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Chapter 2 is now online. If you already played chapter 1, you can continue your adventure by updating the campaign and loading Zei.cfg.

Please don't hesitate to write me if you find any bug or typo, or if you have a suggestion.

I'm currently trying to implement the new item management interface of LotI 3.2.6 before writing chapter 3.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Plz tell me, how many chapters on this campaign will be completed in next release soon?
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I don't really know ATM how many chapters there will be, but I think it will be around 10 chapters long. Considering the first chapter was completed roughly one year ago, I think the third one can be expected in a year, and the whole campaign not quite soon...
It is a side project of mine so I don't get ahead really fast.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I just uploaded a new version of the campaign. It now uses the new LotI item management interface.
I implemented it in IMO the second cleanest way, but it is still experimental. Please tell me if you encounter any bug, I will fix them as fast as I can.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I just realized that dropping objects from the menu, selling object and transmuting them into gold was broken in the latest version.
I uploaded a fix.

Still, I would love having a cleaner version where you could sell the items directly from the menu.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Hey,
Just downloaded and started playing the campaign. It begins well.

Here's to report a bug but. Only IO is able to pick up and use items. IO is also the only unit with an items menu. I don't suppose that it is intentional.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

sreesreearul wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:17 pm Hey,
Just downloaded and started playing the campaign. It begins well.

Here's to report a bug but. Only IO is able to pick up and use items. IO is also the only unit with an items menu. I don't suppose that it is intentional.
Hi sreesreearul,
Thank you for playing my campaign.

It is absolutely normal for Io to be the only one to be able to pick up and equip items in the beginning of this campaign. You will soon get more heroes that will also be able to do that, but standard units cannot.
Thank you for your description anyway. Don't hesitate to write if you find anything that could be a bug in the campaign.
I hope you will enjoy the rest of the scenarios.
I am currently writing chapter 3 and will try to upload it asap.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My bad that I didn't wait it out a bit before concluding that it is a bug. Either I missed some prompt or didn't carefully read the campaign help. There is prompt when the first hero (a scholar) is introduced in 4/5th (?) scenario. If a prompt is in fact not there in first scenario or in help menu it may be helpful to highlight this catch regarding items in help menu. Legend of the invincibles for instance allows all units to pick up and use items (I recently replayed parts of it, so in some sense I was operating with the same frame here.
Spoiler:
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

sreesreearul wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:54 pm
Hi sreesreearul,
Once again, thanks for your answer.
It is indeed written in the first scenario, right after Io saying "Friends! To arms! We must free our land from the orcs!". It is also in the "Generally" section of the help, but it is not really clear here that only Io can do that in the beginning.
I just realized that scenario's help disappeared completely :shock: It will be fixed in the next update.

Concerning the second part of your message, the first few turns are indeed a bit tricky because of the rng :?
I have not really found a way to prevent that unfortunately. Do you have any suggestion? I could for example add a LVL1 unit in easy and normal so that there is less chance for this to happen (I might have to rebalance the scenario if I do that though).

As is stated in the presentation of the campaign there are some long scenarios with big maps, but I tried to keep you entertained during those.

I hope you will have fun with the rest of the campaign.
Once again, thank you for playing it.