Mage of Runes

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sledge

Re: Mage of Runes

Post by Sledge »

Added Scenario 18 and 19 today and allowed to kill the enemy leader in scenario 17 if it is not Laron who is killing him. I also added some runes to the advanced base runes of the heros and added some new ones to the shop.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

Sadly I was very busy the last week. But now I can upload two new scenarios 20 and 21. 21 Is a Story only scenario with another possibility to buy some runes.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

Uploaded a newer version to the add on server today including a profile for Caena and one new Scenario.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S1
'Death of Laron' is in the defeat conditions even before Laron is on the map.

saftly -> safely

Gegwyn is missing a silver crown.

S2
Monuntain -> Mountain

S4
The small area outside of the cave is missing the day/night circle.

What you refer to as 'BP' is actually 'MP' in english.

EDIT:
RuneShop in S6
Rune of Resitance -> Rune of Resistance

Technically you can spend spend all your runes in S6 to level up your Heart Rune. And I'm totally going to do that.

Trying to unlink a rune mage consumes the rune and grants 'Heart rune xp'.

Leveling up a heart rune:
mor conftable -> more comfortable

The Heart Trials claim there is no carryover gold, but actually you have an 80% carryover. (Actually, pretty much all the scenarios claim so, but it's always a carryover of 80%.)

EDIT 2:
You can level up the Runemaster to an Arcanister that is a Rune Mage, but he has no runes avaible.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

Sorry for the delay in implementing these feedbacks. I had an operation on my nose and was therefore in hospital for a few days. But everything went fine :)

Regarding your mentioned issues:
S6 is now lasting only one turn but units can be moved several times in one turn --> At maximum 3 runes can be spent now.
Fixed the gold carryover (I hope I found every scenario where it was not correct)
The Aracanister Rune Mage is now a completely own advancement tree, so one should not be able to get another by leveling up normal dwarves.
The thing about the unlinking a rune mage still remains. I have to check this in more detail.

Updated the version on the add on server including the mentioned fixes.

Currently I'm still working on Scenario 29 Hopefully I can finish it soon.

Thanks a lot for all your feedback and I wish you guys a merry christmas and a happy new year. :)
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,
I tried the first 3 scenarios, it looks like a good campaign.
I liked the portraits :)
It still needs a lot of polishing though.
Good job.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

The addon has been updated for Wesnoth 1.16 and can now be found on the corresponding addon server.
I also changed they way how heart runes level up. Instead of gaining experience when using a rune they now obtain exp when a respective linked unit defeats an enemy unit.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

In _main.cfg, extra_defines=ENABLE_DWARVISH_ARCANISTER is no longer supported since the 1.15.4 release, it now has to be done with {ENABLE_DWARVISH_ARCANISTER} instead. There's an example (using ENABLE_DWARVISH_RUNESMITH) in Sceptre of Fire's _main.cfg.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

Thank you! Didn't recognized it has been changed. Should be fixed now :)