Defense of Elensefar - single-player scenario for 1.14

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Defense of Elensefar - single-player scenario for 1.14

Post by octalot »

For the balance test, I started as human-controlled, move the caravans, and then use the droid command. Having said that, I haven't worked on this scenario since June, and can't remember if the AI was able to win after the make-it-harder changes.

@Konrad2 thanks, I normally play with in-game music off and a separate music player running, so forgot to add any.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Thank you for the reply.
I was thinking about the lighthouse which I might be "borrowing" for Wild Frontiers if you don't mind.
This is just a suggestion, instead of having to do an [avoid] so the enemy won't get stuck attacking them, why not make them switch sides to the current $side_number. I don't see any adverse affect of doing that.
It's just a thought.
Edit: Ah, nevermind. there is a problem with that suggestion.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Feel free, code reuse is good.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I don't know if this is a bug or a valid token, but you used #text_domain instead of #textdomain.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Oops, that's a bug. Thanks for spotting it.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Fun scenario! I edited it a bit when I played it: https://github.com/cooljeanius/wesnoth_mods/tree/master/campaigns/Defense_of_Elensefar.
Note that I forgot to make a separate commit for my initial copying-over of the scenario, so you can't really get an accurate diff just by looking at the repository's history... do you have your own repository for the scenario that I could compare against?
Last edited by egallager on May 20th, 2022, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Will this be getting ported to 1.16.x?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

egallager wrote: November 19th, 2020, 8:31 pm Fun scenario! I edited it a bit when I played it: https://github.com/cooljeanius/wesnoth_mods/tree/master/campaigns/Defense_of_Elensefar.
Note that I forgot to make a separate commit for my initial copying-over of the scenario, so you can't really get an accurate diff just by looking at the repository's history... do you have your own repository for the scenario that I could compare against?
https://github.com/stevecotton/Defense_of_Elensefar/ - I'll add that to the first post in the thread.
Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 20th, 2022, 6:33 am Will this be getting ported to 1.16.x?
It's been included in the Forgotten Conflicts add-on, which has further development afterwards. Would there still be interest in having it as a separate scenario?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

It's been included in the Forgotten Conflicts add-on, which has further development afterwards. Would there still be interest in having it as a separate scenario?
One thing i do not like about that is there is no "individual pick" rather it's a forced sequential. If I want to play just 1, I do not wish to be bothered with the rest being thrown at me. Thus, I request an individual upload. Or, maybe that addon can allow a built-in selection.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
egallager

Post by egallager »

octalot wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:57 pm
egallager wrote: November 19th, 2020, 8:31 pm Fun scenario! I edited it a bit when I played it: https://github.com/cooljeanius/wesnoth_mods/tree/master/campaigns/Defense_of_Elensefar.
https://github.com/stevecotton/Defense_of_Elensefar/ - I'll add that to the first post in the thread.
Thanks, PR opened