Local game teams don't work

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
holloma

Local game teams don't work

Post by holloma » March 13th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Today I had quite a bit of problems trying to play a local game. two friends and I were trying to play a game against the computer and were setting it up but first we had some problems choosing our leaders. If we chose one sometimes it would give us a different one and some (mainly the rouge) would cause the game to go back to the main menu and give an error message proclaiming "unknown unit". we eventually settled for the default leaders, but then couldn't get the teams to work properly. We would set them all us to be team 1 and the npc players to be team 2 and we would double check to make sure we got it right. Then it would split us up giving us not the teams we asked and making it really annoying. we tried with lots of different maps and settings but it never would work and seemed to be almost just random. Are we doing something wrong? Is it a bug? :augh:

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Local game teams don't work

Post by gfgtdf » March 13th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Maybe you had "shuffle sides" activated?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.

josteph
Developer

Re: Local game teams don't work

Post by josteph » March 13th, 2019, 6:30 pm

That wouldn't explain the "unknown unit" error, though. What exactly did the error message say? Do you have addons installed?
Fund my work on wesnoth, including but not limited to my add-ons: Invisible Enemies | Random Recruits