The Garardine Ascendancy (SP campaign for BfW 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EarthCake

Re: The Garardine Ascendancy (SP campaign for BfW 1.14)

Post by EarthCake »

:oops:

Still, if you look at size of Dan' Tonk, I think Weldyn is too small. Still, it's capital.
lordsky

Post by lordsky »

I am playing this campaign (in Italian language), but i found a bug.

in the "Aethenwood" scenario, it happens that just finishing the intro the game says You have lost.
I did no action, but I can see that both main characters aren't in the map (so I suppose that there is something to fix)
Sincerely
Beltenebros

Post by Beltenebros »

Hi everyone!
I think "The Garardine Ascendancy" is a great campaign - thank you so much for creating it, Argesilao! It adds a very interesting part of Wesnoth's history.

I know that this is not the Writers' or Translators' forum, but I'd like to ask if a German translation would be appreciated. I could also try to fix the English storyline a bit but since I'm not a native speaker of English myself there will definitely remain issues to be solved. If you want me to work on it, it would help me a lot to have access to all texts - are there to be found somewhere on this forum? (Sorry, it's my first post and I'm still a bit lost :)
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Beltenebros wrote: April 13th, 2020, 10:07 am Hi everyone!
I think "The Garardine Ascendancy" is a great campaign - thank you so much for creating it, Argesilao! It adds a very interesting part of Wesnoth's history.

I know that this is not the Writers' or Translators' forum, but I'd like to ask if a German translation would be appreciated. I could also try to fix the English storyline a bit but since I'm not a native speaker of English myself there will definitely remain issues to be solved. If you want me to work on it, it would help me a lot to have access to all texts - are there to be found somewhere on this forum? (Sorry, it's my first post and I'm still a bit lost :)
Welcome to the forums. While translations are usually appreciated, I don't think this particular campaign is currently being maintained by anyone since Argesilao abandoned it last year. Note that if you're interested in becoming the new maintainer of the campaign, he left behind his email address so you can contact him to take over maintenance (you can see it in the description for this add-on in the listing of add-ons).
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Argesilao2 wrote: ...
Hey, I think your campaign is not long updated yet, look at my attachments:
Unintentional.png
Unintentional 2.png
Just started this campaign and reached scenario Dulatus Hills: Is intentional that no gold from 3 orcish sides when start? I thought it makes me easy to complete. :roll:
Edit:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

After two years passed in vain, since no one has come forward to take in charge the campaign, I decided that I could not leave the best loyalist centered campaign ever created (I know I'm not modest, but if a man is great, why should he be modest? :P ) by being shipwrecked in the sea of oblivion.
This, at least, is the official version; the unofficial version, on the other hand, would say that I had an idea on how to develop one of the characters in the campaign, plus a lot of other little things, and I could not resist the idea of making it.
This is how version 3.0.0 of "The Garardine Ascendancy" was born and then was published in the add-ons server for Wesnoth 1.15.14 or 1.16.1 or how damn **** :shock: you want to named it.
I've been running through the entire campaign, from start to finish, and it seems to be working, but … well, there is always some but hidden somewhere, :| so you can report here any errors you will find if you decide to play it.
The campaign is a little easier than before, and maybe it could be downgraded to an intermediate difficulty level rather than an expert one, but myself is a very bad difficulty balancer, so I prefer to leave things as they are.
If anyone, at any time, wants to take charge of the campaign, just ask.
For those who have the privilege of knowing the language of “The Supreme Poet”, there is an Italian translation (at least someone will be able to understand the meaning of the story). :roll:
That's all, have fun!
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

Hi everyone

A player reported to me that a warning message may appear in the 0302 Dark Magic scenario.

The reported error should not have any effect on the continuation of the campaign, anyway I just released version 3.0.1 of the campaign, where the warning message shouldn't appear.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

I just posted version 3.0.4 of the campaign;

Why is this relevant? This is relevant because I have merged the Italian translation into a single file.

Keeping the translation in multiple files, the BfW 1.16 version did not accept the language change in Italian when the add-on was installed. Now everything seems to work ... perhaps ...
rmj

Post by rmj »

Really good story:

Here is improved English:
tga_dialogues_chapter_01.cfg
(39.21 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
tga_dialogues_chapter_02.cfg
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
tga_dialogues_chapter_03.cfg
(11.16 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
tga_dialogues_chapter_04.cfg
(19.34 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
tga_dialogues_chapter_05.cfg
(21.28 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
tga_dialogues_chapter_06a.cfg
(8.04 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Note: in the prison escape scenario, if a unit drinks the healing potion, a wml array error appears. Does not effect gameplay.
rmj
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Just a tip for when one does proofreading/copyediting. It can be helpful to include a diff or compare report.
Something like this:
Specific changes are highlighted.
The reviewer will not overlook any edits being proposed and they will see exactly how substantial the changes are.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

rmj wrote: November 10th, 2021, 5:46 pm Note: in the prison escape scenario, if a unit drinks the healing potion, a wml array error appears. Does not effect gameplay.
Do you remember what message it was?
rmj

Post by rmj »

I believe it concerned the array length, perhaps increasing.
rmj
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

rmj wrote: November 12th, 2021, 6:12 pm I believe it concerned the array length, perhaps increasing.
Ok fixed in v. 3.0.4

Thank you
rmj

Post by rmj »

For Easy, I recommend changing the desert lich from a level 4 to a level 3 unit. When I played I did not have enough strong units to defeat it.
rmj
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

rmj wrote: January 31st, 2022, 4:27 pm For Easy, I recommend changing the desert lich from a level 4 to a level 3 unit. When I played I did not have enough strong units to defeat it.
It is a good suggestion; update and released in version 3.0.6