A Friendship Tested

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tribes55

Re: A Friendship Tested

Post by tribes55 »

Hey White Haired Uncle,

I've fixed the problem. There are two possible ways to end the scenario, but apparentally I neglected to add a next_scenario tag in one of them. Sorry!
I hope you're enjoying the campaign.
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 6th, 2018, 10:36 pm When I finished the end of scenario 4, it took me to "The End". Last turn autosave attached. BFW 1.14.0

Also, the link to this thread on the add-ons screen works, but it's a bit messy to write down and type in compared to others I've seen.

Thanks for taking the time to create this.

Uncle,

Could you attach your "Resist" replay?
Also, you do not need to write it down. Under the description, you can select to copy the link into your clipboard.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I have replays disabled. All of the autosaves for Resist are gone except the start of scenario, but I've saved off a copy if you want it.

I can't really copy to the clipboard. Probably because I'm using VNC to display my server's X session to my ancient laptop and actually running the game via ssh to a third machine. Sounds crazy, but there's reasons.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 8th, 2018, 11:17 pm I have replays disabled. All of the autosaves for Resist are gone except the start of scenario, but I've saved off a copy if you want it.

I can't really copy to the clipboard. Probably because I'm using VNC to display my server's X session to my ancient laptop and actually running the game via ssh to a third machine. Sounds crazy, but there's reasons.
Haha, okay. Yes, could you attach that? I'm trying to see what kind of units people have on scenario 2.
Did you find the scenario hard/easy?

What do you think of the campaign so far? Any complaints?
white_haired_uncle

I'm not sure if your fix worked, or if I'm doing something wrong. I went into my saved game and made the same change that you did to the .cfg. It didn't work. In the end, I had to add next_scenario here:

# [message]
# message=_"More Orcs?! Count me in!"
# speaker="Albeit"
# [/message]
[endlevel]
bonus=no
carryover_percentage=100
result="victory"
next_scenario=05_Return
[/endlevel]

That got me to the next level, but I still wonder if something else is wrong. You appeared to add the next_scenario in an area of code that was unstoring lanfal, but since the fix didn't work for me: is that piece of code not being triggered when it should be?

BTW, you'll notice above I commented out the message from Albeit. I noticed I wasn't seeing that message (perhaps because there is no unit named Albeit?) and thought the event might be blowing up because of it. I was wrong, but it seems like it might point to something if you're assuming that an Albeit is alive at this point in the campaign.

Also, Resist is attached. Take anything you see with a grain of salt. I cheat. A lot. IMO, BFW puts way too much importance on luck (I know there's a whole thread on this) for my taste and when a few bad rolls of the dice just blow up a game, I just cheat through and move on instead of going back and doing things over. Also, computers hate me.
Attachments
AFT-Resist.gz
(5.69 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
white_haired_uncle

1) Scenario 8 starts with this:

story= _ "Version 1.3 fixes a bug that was in the previous version. Unfortunately to keep your recall list, you MUST replay the last scenario. I apologize for this. It's not a very long scenario, though. If you like the campaign, or have any gripes with it, please leave a comment at the forum thread."

Either that's outdated, or I have no idea what you mean.

2) In scenario 8, there are two places with bad markup. It cases part of the error message to show up as dialog.

20180909 20:46:43 error gui/layout: pango_text::set_markup text '*whispering* <i> Hmm... what's goin' on here?' has broken markup, set to normal text.

20180909 20:47:22 error gui/layout: pango_text::set_markup text '<i> Given the circumstances I'll accept his aide.. but given much more of this, and I would be surprised if my people don't desert. First Orcs and now Cane? What a world we're in.' has broken markup, set to normal text.

These are missing </i>. I tweaked the autosave and that fixes it.
white_haired_uncle

More on scenario 8:

1) The objective should state WHICH unit needs to move to the marker.

2) When you kill Slatter, the reward is not what is advertised (see attached save for easy confirmation).

3) The config file name doesn't match the scenario name. Also, the saves have the scenario number in them, which is inconsistent with the rest of the campaign (so far, looks like scenario 9 is the same).
Attachments
AFT-08 Bandits-Auto-Save29.gz
(55.2 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

Thanks for reporting these errors.
Albeit is a potential unit you can obtain in an earlier scenario, when you choose some dwarves to travel with you.

I have fixed the mark-up problems, thanks for reporting them.
The problem is fixed, but since you loaded it from the previous save (and not the start of the scenario) I guess it isn't working. Sorry.

Naming consistency has been updated.
Gold amount has been fixed.
white_haired_uncle

The attached fixes a couple spelling errors.

Also,
Spoiler:
Attachments
09_River.cfg
(25.79 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

I updated the campaign to make scenario 2 easier. My recent update made it very hard due to a feature not working correctly.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\Shinigami LTK\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/AFriendshipTested/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Obscured_Folklore_Era/units' is missing
at ~add-ons/AFriendshipTested/_main.cfg:37
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

Thanks for the support. The campaign is currently unavailable in the add-ons server, and isn't received any updates.

Have a nice one
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm aware of it, but unless you want me to, I won't uninstall it. xD
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

Edit: A call to those who have played it before and still have it (who have not updated it), please send me the old version you have. It has several scenarios which I have lost, and would like to have again. Thanks!

I have re-added this to the add-ons on 1.14.14 (it has been off for months).

I've added three new scenarios, two of which are played, one of which is dialogue. I've also went through and made some changes and enhancements to many of the other scenarios. Most changes were dialogue, but also some "flavor" changes. I try not to make any scenario simply a straight on 1v1 slugfest. But, I recently played HttT again, and I really enjoyed it. I think so long as it is story supported, this style of design is completely fine. However, the scenarios I have added aren't of that template. Future ones may be.

I would appreciate some help in "dwarf-ifyng" the dialogue. I went through the process of simply writing it out, then changing it after. But I haven't done that for the more recent scenarios. I think I was just making Dwarves Australian and British, lol.

I would also like to know if you find scenarios too easy, too hard, too bland, too dumb, etc. Let me know!
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

I really enjoyed the campaign and found it very good. Only the turn limit was very challenging. Maybe 5 more turns would do it in many scenarios, especially in the scneario where you defend the dwarven city. The last scenario was very good with the decisions that need to be make. Especiall the Ram riders looked very good, but they didn´t move. They could attack but couldn´t move. I think thats a bug?
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628