Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

southernpe

Re: Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

Post by southernpe »

On Sourceforge, I was looking at the source code and had a question about where the files were located. If I'm not mistaken, the native methods in APSDL2.java are linked to the shared objects in that file

Is there a way to call functions in the Wesnoth source directly from Java if I want to add new functions for the Java side to call? Do I have to implement them inside the source for those shared libraries or is there a way to call functions in the Wesnoth source directly from Java?
Usagor

Post by Usagor »

[issue][/issue]
Guys im getting a error after finishing the 3rd Scenario of the addon A song of fire>>
Error
The game map could not be loaded:Unknown title in map:(Cf) 'Cf'

Android Version=Android 11
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

It is unfortunately a known problem: viewtopic.php?p=666494#p666494
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
will 1.16 (and new versions) be available on Android?
wesnoth is playable on phone. i played 1.14 mainly on phone. why not 1.16.
and Wesnoth on phone would attract more players and give to the game more visibility. just an opinion.
egallager

Post by egallager »

SatHyre wrote: December 12th, 2022, 12:05 pm hello,
will 1.16 (and new versions) be available on Android?
wesnoth is playable on phone. i played 1.14 mainly on phone. why not 1.16.
and Wesnoth on phone would attract more players and give to the game more visibility. just an opinion.
The way I'd heard it is that the person in charge of doing the Android port has disappeared and that no one has heard from them lately, so someone would need to track them down if they wanted to get them to update the Android port to 1.16...
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
BTIsaac

Re: Wesnoth 1.14 on Android - app gone

Post by BTIsaac »

The app disappeared from google play. It was there earlier today, but now it's just gone. Anyone know anything about this?
egallager

Post by egallager »

BTIsaac wrote: March 8th, 2024, 6:09 pm The app disappeared from google play. It was there earlier today, but now it's just gone. Anyone know anything about this?
I mean, it wasn't being maintained, so, if it is in fact gone, I'd say that presumably Google was just doing a purge of apps with inactive developers...
demario

Post by demario »

BTIsaac wrote: March 8th, 2024, 6:09 pm The app disappeared from google play. It was there earlier today, but now it's just gone. Anyone know anything about this?
The last time I tried a couple of weeks ago, the only link I found on the app store was dead. It was referred as "LEGACY" (1.12) and made it already explicit that the new apk (1.14) was supposed to be downloaded from sourceforge.

So unless I was completely wrong at the time (I was definitely confused about the whole process), the "removal" of the app doesn't change much of the situation.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

There used to be both 1.12 (called legacy) and 1.14 Wesnoth on Play Market. Now I can't find any
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
pgp

Post by pgp »

i found a 1.14.17 version still running.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth/

i guess offline might work as you can access the add-on server, but i just wanted an observer account for online on mobile, so this ain´t gona work for me...