Nightly flatpak builds

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Nightly flatpak builds

Post by Atreides »

Woops, too late for that. I managed to rollback the flatpak install to the 20.08 versions and all is fine for now.

By June I'll be upgrading my Debian 9 (updates for it end then) to 10 and that might just fix this for me. I suspect that freedesktop 21.08 and Deb 9 aren't fully compatible (a bug but one that might be moot soon) since I have had problems with the flatpak Firefox that uses 21. (turning off hardware accel in firefox fixed it) I've delayed getting Deb 10 since I should backup my files first and I've been negligent there. With a new PC you don't feel much need to backup... but that is changing.

And please don't get the impression I'm careless about backing up. I have backups going back to 1982. :) Yes it is 2 audio cassettes from my Atari 800.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Question about the wesnoth-origin server. How was it set up? Asking for a third party that is interested in doing the same for another game.
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

"meh." - zookeeper
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

loonycyborg wrote: July 4th, 2023, 3:24 pm I followed this guide: https://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2017/02/1 ... epository/
Thanks I'll pass it along.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I just tried to update flatpak to get the latest 1.17 but it gave me a shock saying I need to install 23.08 of freedesktop to run stable (that's 1.16.10 right?) even though the current 1.16.10 runs on 22.08.

Confused.

Why do I need 23.08 when 22.08 works? Sounds contradictory.

I am afraid to install 23.08 because when I installed 22 in debian 9 it broke wesnoth and I had to rollback to 21. I am now on debian 10 (yes still behind but a little less) and 22 works with it. I am worried debian 10 and 23 won't work and it will break wesnoth again.

If it's a choice between breaking 1.16 and having the latest 1.17 I will chose 1.16 of course.

Oh, no need to tell me to upgrade Debian to 11. I will as soon as I can but eh...
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, it was updated to 23.08 and then rolled back to 22.08 for now since it turns out the Freedesktop SDK for 23.08 accidentally stopped building SDL2 with webp (and tiff) support. #8040
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I dug into flatpak a little deeper myself and found that 1.17 was still using 22.08! I also learned how to manually update only those I want to so I updated 1.17 and Firefox (which also still uses 22.08). Widelands & Freeorion are actually still using 20.08 and 21.08 (even though they are "unsupported" oh my) so older is as good as newer. : )

Next I'll try and see if flatpak can be configured to freeze something so it doesn't get included in the updates anymore. I'll do that for 1.16.10 if I can, as I am sure that's the last version. I can later unfreeze it when I move to Debian 11.