A Sangine Tale (Ani's Legacy, Ani's Quest)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: A Sangine Tale (Ani's Legacy, Ani's Quest)

Post by Sadaharu »

It should be Duel of the Dragons, then one scenario that depends on which path you chose earlier, then back to one scenario for all plot paths.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Sadaharu wrote: It should be Duel of the Dragons, then one scenario that depends on which path you chose earlier, then back to one scenario for all plot paths.
Alright, then... I had prefers to choosing Wormheart, because the other choices are:
Other options:
And so, due to short 5 days that I complete this campaign (Ani's Quest). I'm so sad about Ani Essu's death :cry: , rest in peace, the legendary Magi.

I've brought my campaign stats:
Spoiler:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Well, it has been over one month since my last reply, and so finally I've found secret story about Anea's born.
What has happened?:
Found a Lua Error in scenario Cave City... When Anea dies, it pops up:

Code: Select all

<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
PS: Also, I've completed many endings so far e.g:
Spoiler:
Finally, I've started from 13 July - 13 August which have finished 11 endings. I will have to say; thanks for these great campaign and its new unique faction, I'll surely missed Princess Anea. :D Thanks for great making RPG campaign which has ever existed. ;)
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Yellowsilver

Post by Yellowsilver »

Hey there!
I haven't finished your campaign yet but it's absolutely fantastic! I took the branch with Matina solving puzzles, and... Wow. The one with the bridges was very hard to solve, though super interesting :D
I'm intending to test all the other branches of course.
Didn't see a single bug (perhaps a few typos).
By the way, your troll rider units are not really balanced, but so fun for destroying undead :lol:
ohforf271828

Post by ohforf271828 »

Apart from the 'multi endlevel' thing I noticed one glitch: Y3a_Superior_Forces wants a "Battleguard Warrior" unit which doesn't exist. I guess line 258 of the scenario cfg should use "HD Battleguard" instead? Reading all that - I guess it intends to summon the loyal story-driven units "Prorr, VI", Gathree and "Vry Kroooosus", but those three start out as level 2 units and the recall of the coblin and gryphon do specify level 3 types... "Brenbam", however, is present. Maybe the block should be as follows?:

Code: Select all

{DWT_RECALL_OR_SPAWN 1 (x,y=5,17) (DWT Glowose) (DWT Glowose) ()}
    {DWT_RECALL_OR_SPAWN 1 (x,y=40,14) (HD Battleguard,HD Warrior) (HD Battleguard) ()}
    {DWT_RECALL_OR_SPAWN 1 (x,y=38,16) (DWT Sky Guardian,DWT Gryphon Spellsinger) (DWT Sky Guardian) ()}
    {DWT_RECALL_OR_SPAWN 1 (x,y=28,25) (DWT Goblin Blitzkrieg,DWT Goblin Slaver,Goblin Pillager) (DWT Goblin Blitzkrieg) ()}
BTW - best campaing on the server bar none IMHO, even before that eyecandy delight with the djinns and LotI.
ohforf271828

Post by ohforf271828 »

Actually, those lines do not necessarily recall the 'story' units. I got Prorr and Gathree but not Vry Kroooosus - another Sky Guardian took precedence. So I modified the start of unit-utils to the following and did get only "story" recalls... Alas, this lowers difficulty a tiny little bit.
Spoiler:
:eng: :lol: :whistle:
ChristTrekker

glitch!

Post by ChristTrekker »

Playing Ani's Legacy with 1.14.13 on iOS.

Got to Forest Edge in the first sitting. When I try to load the saved game, Anea is missing from the keep, so it immediately tells me that I lost. I thought it might just be a glitch with that save, so I tried the previous turn, and got the same problem.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A Sanguine Tale (Ani's Legacy, Ani's Quest)

Post by Konrad2 »

Ani's Legacy
Campaign description:
She disparate -> She united/lead disparate

Three Moons
in this dank -> insane in this dark
us enforces -> us enforcers

Prisoner in Her Own Home
her HP run -> her HP runs

Save the Mud Hovel
Aneas and Bren-Jons death are not listed as lose condition.

Dugging Midgits
creates -> creatures

Old Forest Gingers
idiot what go -> idiot would go
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Has anybody seen Aetheric? He hasn't posted here in a long time and A Sanguine Tale has not been updated (at least for BfW 1.14) since 2019.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

1.16.x Port?

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Is there any chance of a 1.16.x port coming or is this abandoned?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Major_Swampy

Re: 1.16.x Port?

Post by Major_Swampy »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 10th, 2022, 2:05 pm Is there any chance of a 1.16.x port coming or is this abandoned?
Yes, this campaign has been abandoned since his last online over 3 years ago (look at Aetheric's profile status).
Regards, Swampy.

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: 1.16.x Port?

Major_Swampy wrote: April 10th, 2022, 2:49 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 10th, 2022, 2:05 pm Is there any chance of a 1.16.x port coming or is this abandoned?
Yes, this campaign has been abandoned since his last online over 3 years ago (look at Aetheric's profile status).
I needed a yes or no, but I got the yes. So, I am sending to this to the modders guild for porting to latest stable. I really wanna play this and see how many endings I can get...How many are there? Someone told me....60? less than that or...more?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

So...I started porting this...and I guess I patched most of it but seems
running wmllint broke it completely thanks to the id=Khalid for a unit. Thus, taking some time to finish the port. Maybe tomorrow or next week.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:07 pm So...I started porting this...
There is a terrain called 'Earthy Mushroom Grove', which is impassable. (It wasn't in 1.14.)
The scenario B4b_Mud_Quest is missing.
It's a possible next scenario after 'Save the Mud Hovel'
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

There is a terrain called 'Earthy Mushroom Grove', which is impassable. (It wasn't in 1.14.)
Name of map?
The scenario B4b_Mud_Quest is missing.
It's a possible next scenario after 'Save the Mud Hovel'
Seems the original author's fault here. Mistyped ID. Anything else? If it's just 2 I can push one update with patches.