Leader Magic Mod v1.1.3(SP/MP Modification for 1.12/1.13)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Re: Leader Magic Mod v1.1.3(SP/MP Modification for 1.12/1.13)

Post by Yomar »

Great Job ! 😎
Thanks. 😁
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

released a small update. changelog:

v1.1.6
-new summon spells: summon swamp lizard, summon sea serpent, summon death knight
-new curse spell: curse of hydra (blessing of hydra but reversed)
-buffed Book of Necromancy - now it turns the unit into an undead 1 level higher than the taker (lvl0 becomes skeleton, lvl1 becomes revenant, lvl2 becomes lich, lvl3 and above becomes Ancient Lich), as previously it wasn't worth the 20 mana cost
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

released a small bugfix: v1.1.6b
-fixed the annoying 'xmm_reborn' unstore bug filling up the chat whenever any unit dies with this mod enabled
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
ForestDragon

Re: Leader Magic Mod v1.2.0 (SP/MP Modification for 1.16)

Post by ForestDragon »

Decided to revisit this mod a bit in my spare time, and released a new Leader Magic Mod update on the 1.16 server:

v1.2.0 (update made by ForestDragon)
-added new mod option: if enabled, mana regen depends on leader level instead of always being 2
-new utility spell: Wind Sprint (+2 MP and [skirmisher] to caster for one turn, costs 1 mana)
-new healing spell: Focused Heal: restore 50% HP of one unit in a 3-tile radius, costs 6 mana
-new curse spell: Curse of Spirits: Pick a damage type and give enemy units in your vision -20 resistance to it till the end of the scenario. (basically Blessing of Spirits but reversed)
-new summon spell: Summon Wose Shaman (costs 12 mana)
-new astrological spells:
-Astral Curse: change alignment of enemies in a 7-tile radius (costs 10 mana)
-Radiance: Tiles in a 5-tile radius from the caster now have 33% lawful ToD bonus regardless of global ToD. (costs 20 mana)
-Tenebris: Tiles in a 5-tile radius from the caster now have 33% chaotic ToD bonus regardless of global ToD. (costs 20 mana)
-Equilibrium: Tiles in a 9-tile radius from the caster now have 0% ToD bonus regardless of global ToD. (costs 20 mana)
-Healing Rune rework: instead of being an instant heal when stepped on, the rune now heals 8 HP per turn, which stacks with village/ability healing
-to compensate, it now costs 10 mana instead of 6
-Astrological Spell category rework:
-all whisper/chant spells have been merged into 'Astral Whisper' and 'Astral Chant', alignment is now chosen in a submenu
-Curing Hand rework: Curing Hand spells have been merged into one spell that costs 8 mana
-if the caster is lvl2 or below, the spell gives heal +8 and unpoison. if the caster is lvl3 or above it gives heal +12 and unpoison
-Landwalk rework: most of the different landwalk spells were merged into one Landwalk spell, but it now costs 10 mana to compensate
-'Landwalk - water' has been renamed to Waterwalk, and now also gives 1 movecost on reef terrain too
-Alchemy rework:
-Alchemy 1/2 have been merged into one Alchemy spell, costing 12 mana like Alchemy 2 used to cost
-the random gold amount is now between 30 and 80 instead of 17 and 83, to make the spell more consistent
-Stimulate Mind spell rework:
-Stimulate Mind 2 has been removed
-Stimulate Mind damage now gains 50% damage bonus per unit level (7 at lvl0, 11 at lvl1)
-to compensate, Stimulate Mind now costs 8 mana instead of 5 (it is still more cost-efficient than the old Stimulate Mind 2 in most cases)
-casting stimulating mind on the same units no longer gives duplicate mind attack attacks
-enchanted weapon adjustments:
-runeblade/arcane missiles price increased from 6 to 8 since it's a pretty powerful permanent buff, also to make it same as sniping bow
-runeblade gains 3 strikes earlier, damage progression is adjusted accordingly
-vision 1/2 have been removed, vision 3 has been renamed to vision
-rebalanced some summon spell costs:
-vampire bat: 6 to 5
-young ogre: 8 to 7
-ice skeletons: 9 to 8
-augur: 10 to 8
-dwarvish scout: 11 to 9
-ghost: 12 to 9
-swamp lizard: 16 to 14
-summon spell tweaks:
-summoned merman fighter now has firststrike to make him more unique
-random summons now includes Naga Guard
-mass illuminate/mass darkness cost reduced from 5 to 4 mana, to better compete with Radiance/Tenebris
-improved some text (such as the Arrows of Wind/Fire Beam descriptions which is now clearer)
needmoreplayers

spells too strong

Post by needmoreplayers »

spells too strong, breaks game

any setting to "decrease all spell damage/etc by 100-300%" and maybe increase spell cost by 50%
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

needmoreplayers wrote: November 17th, 2023, 9:10 pm spells too strong, breaks game

any setting to "decrease all spell damage/etc by 100-300%" and maybe increase spell cost by 50%
How about a "1 mana per turn" setting instead?
needmoreplayers

honestly

Post by needmoreplayers »

honestly im focus on making this feature into an addon --> viewtopic.php?p=685339

if you know about that code, that would be helpful

this is much much more important of basic design and usability of being able to play this game

a basic type of feature that other games has but this game does not

nada,

1 mana per turn obviousy doesnt fix the problem

nada the core and fundamental problem is that this breaks the game and probably almost all maps

and this does not fix the fundamental and core problem

the fundamental and core problem is exactly that the spells breaks the game, and makes everything else in the game

irrelevant

thats why the suggsetion was put - because it fixes the core problem

other players have said in game this breaks the game, in game and anywhere else

this is already known

it just hasnt been fixed yet

but this kind of addon is an 'rpg' or 'action rpg' type of addon and i do not play this game for this reason

i'd play any of the other rpgs if thats what i wanted to play

it'd be pointless for players like me to play this game with an addon like this one

the addon in the link above would be much much more helpful in adding a very very basic thing into this game

when things are made in this world, and in life, they should be made well, they should be well taken care of, they should be thoughtful and honest, thats what i think
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

needmoreplayers wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 11:10 am honestly im focus on making this feature into an addon --> viewtopic.php?p=685339

if you know about that code, that would be helpful

this is much much more important of basic design and usability of being able to play this game

a basic type of feature that other games has but this game does not
I am not familiar with that bit of code, and I have more than enough of my own projects to work on.
needmoreplayers wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 11:10 am nada,

1 mana per turn obviousy doesnt fix the problem

nada the core and fundamental problem is that this breaks the game and probably almost all maps

and this does not fix the fundamental and core problem

the fundamental and core problem is exactly that the spells breaks the game, and makes everything else in the game

irrelevant

other players have said in game this breaks the game, in game and anywhere else

this is already known

it just hasnt been fixed yet
Yes, of course it is OP and does break the game, that is a big part of the appeal. I personally believe that not every kind of mod needs to be balanced.
needmoreplayers wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 11:10 am but this kind of addon is an 'rpg' or 'action rpg' type of addon and i do not play this game for this reason

i'd play any of the other rpgs if thats what i wanted to play

it'd be pointless for players like me to play this game with an addon like this one
If you don't like this sort of add-on, that is your choice. I am merely maintaining this mod since it is something I like playing myself and the original author has been inactive on the forums for years.
needmoreplayers wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 11:10 am the addon in the link above would be much much more helpful in adding a very very basic thing into this game
A feedback thread for a specific existing mod is probably not the best place to be asking for help with development of a new mod.
ForestDragon

Re: Leader Magic Mod (SP/MP Modification for 1.16,1.18)

Post by ForestDragon »

Released update 1.2.1 for Leader Magic Mod on 1.16 and 1.18
-ported to 1.18
-cuttlefish summon now costs 12 mana instead of 14
-updated Book of Necromancy text to match how it actually works now
-fixed Blessing of Wolf spell not working