Blessed Altar Mod (BAM)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Blessed Altar Mod (BAM)

Post by Pentarctagon »

Dinosaur wrote:Why doesn't it show me the name it doesn't like... I've looked there are no such bad guys. Stumped but still searching....?
Depending on your operating system, there a few commands here that might help you find the problem.

In the future though, Wesnoth will show the file names it doesn't like - either in one of the next development releases, or in 1.14 if you're waiting for the next stable version to be released.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes i hate it when that happens, it is really hard to find which file has a space. Last time i had that problem it took me a while to figure out i had accidentally named a file "read me" or some silly little mistake like that for a file that wasn't even being used.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

Why do you find it difficult if almost any shell or filemanager allow file search?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Wayirr wrote:Why do you find it difficult if almost any shell or filemanager allow file search?
Oh, yes that is true. :) In general i just use normal windows explorer which is fairly useless, but i should have thought of using the cmd.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

sorry I have no progress in dicovering the nature of the error I am experiencing.
I actually had this mod working perfectly in 1.13.6 but I got the same error trying to upload to the 1.13 server.
At same time I somehow got openned to a scam..... Disaster struck..... indenty stolen, bank acounts attacked my win 10 machine can not boot... The perpetrator left a start up password which I don't know and cant get past... so I am back on XP..... and still no answer on the upload issue...... I have checked every single file and dir name and I cant find anything out of place.... path statement don't count Do They? :augh:
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Dinosaur wrote:path statement don't count Do They? :augh:
They do - the forbidden character list applies to both file names and folder names.

If you're having a hard time though, you could try uploading your add-on (minus the _server.pbl, of course) to some other cloud service (Google Drive, Mediafire, etc) and post a link so others can help you find the problem.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

If passphrase does not match and you have previous version of your add-on uploaded, it could be an instance of a bug, which also affected other people.
The_Gnat wrote:In general i just use normal windows explorer which is fairly useless, but i should have thought of using the cmd.
PowerShell should be easier to use. Or if you have w10, then you can install ubuntu, then it will be even better.
Though most common affecting character is space and it can be searched with windows explorer with "* *.*" expression (including quotes)
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

SUCCESS at last.... :lol: Blessed Altar Mod is now available on 1.13.8 for testing look for it in the OTHER category.

The White Space Problem in Win 10 file names started in Win 8 here is an easy way to fix this problem.
Follow this link, copy the Program and run it against any and/or all folders..
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/112 ... es-in-bulk

I will be working on repairing the known issues:

Some Weapon Specials on object/items not posting: new coding format?
Error message Creating unit with blank type when auto boost turned ON. No effects on play except need to CLEAR messages.
Therefore I set Auto Boost OFF as default
Other feature turned off is Beelzebub

Thanks to all of you...... Because with out you this work would not be possible .... MAY YOU ALL BE BLESSED
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

Do you release that applying the script will break all file references?
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Wayirr wrote:Do you release that applying the script will break all file references?

Sorry I'm not sure what you are asking? :? ... I could not even upload this mod until I had fixed the bad file names problem...

Fortunately the file names problem is now completely resolved.... Thanks.... :D
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

I mean that if your add-on did refer to an image as profile="images/units/my cool red mage.png" and you renamed "my cool red mage.png" to "mycoolredmage.png" it means that you also need to change profile string in a WML file or your add-on will not work.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Wayirr wrote:I mean that if your add-on did refer to an image as profile="images/units/my cool red mage.png" and you renamed "my cool red mage.png" to "mycoolredmage.png" it means that you also need to change profile string in a WML file or your add-on will not work.
Yes Yes No I see what your getting at.. I agree, fortunately, I didn't have anything like that :D

Oh by the way I just uploaded a new copy... I fixed the auto boost errors .... Thanks..
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Progress........GOOD NEWS!! I have fixed the Auto BOOST problem.... The error messages no longer appear..... :D
So I have updated the Mod and republished it.... BAM BOOST is fully operational and ON as default..... Please try it again.... :)

The Weapon Specials are still not working right but the games are completely playable.......
If you have any feedback please leave it here.... as this is the only place I know... :|
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

MORE PROGRESS...... Weapon specials are now fixed ...... Latest version has been updated....Enjoy :D
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hello, I've been frantically working on this MOD over the past few weeks . I am very close to a XMAS release, but I still have one issue I can't seem to solve. None of my non core UNITS are being picked up even though I have path statements in the _main.cfg. This problem did not occur when I was using the "BAM_sp_event_container" prior to 1.13. [modification] . I've tried to research [unit_type] not found. but only get a few hints about Units types only being resolved at initial load. and some really complex methods to fake it out but no definitive examples or how to's. There's got to be a simple solution to this.... or is my situation unique? sense this is a MOD that pigtails on a Campaign.

Thanks for your help...... :)