Art of War, version 0.9.9.4 work in progress

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mechanical

Re: Art of War, version 0.9.9.4 work in progress

Post by Mechanical »

Hey! Will there be a port for 1.16? I hope that yes! It would be sad to lose such a unique era.
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
Fiben

Post by Fiben »

Yes, it will be. It was planned that AoW 0.9.9.4 should be upgraded for BfW 1.14 and I'll surely do it.

I have to check BfW 1.16 first to plan the next upgrade of AoW. But I think all be ok :)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Atreides wrote: December 28th, 2021, 9:21 pm Speaking of the lesser poison it might have a bug because it seems to always do damage 3 times to each unit. That's up to 12 while the description says 4. I tried commenting out mode=append in the store unit tag but that didn't change it.
Been playing with this again and definitely found that the poisons all are bugged. I also fixed it. The poison macro is a weapon special and so loads on every unit creation and was making multiple poison events. Fix is simple, just add an id to each event in the weapon special.

It's a tricky era to be sure. Being able to recruit up to level 5 at start means that it's quite possible to annihilate an enemy leader (who is level 1) who is either undefended or has recruited inferior (mostly low level) units.

The graphics, sound and innovative mechanisms are impressive as ever. Reason enough to keep 1.12 installed forever.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Still playing this. : ) Found a few more mini bugs and fixed 'em. (plus one not so mini one that I'm not sure whether it was caused by a stoopod edit on my part or not)
I also noticed that distance attacks don't need mp's but only an attack (which is good, that's standard) so I edited my help file to not confuse me in future playings. Oooh that sentence is funky. 8 )
Also modded the era files to exclude long range only units such as the catapults. AI can't use them very well.
I'm considering adding more era choices that have level 2 or maybe 3 leaders. I noticed they are available and while they era plays well on large maps where the leader is safer, on typical MP maps they are too easy to kill. Maybe won't, I prefer large maps anyways. Strangely the Horde does have a choice of a L2 leader (Mergen)... yeah I think L2 at least. Std Wes had good reason to use those.