A Random RPG Adventure

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Fixed a minor bug leading to more than intended enemies spawning under some circumstances.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

1. I'd like a toggle-able option that makes random enemy spawns always happen during the enemy's turn (before or after enemy units move and attack) instead of when a player-controlled unit has moved.
2. I've had one problem: my unit with a lot of experience was attacked by an enemy who got killed in counterattack. I'd have liked the enemy die by my unit with less experience. That's why I suggest the player can temporarily disable an attack from being used defensively.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: May 31st, 2023, 3:22 pm 1. I'd like a toggle-able option that makes random enemy spawns always happen during the enemy's turn (before or after enemy units move and attack) instead of when a player-controlled unit has moved.
You reminded me to do something at some point I wanted to do but never did, even though it was rather easy. :lol:

Now random enemy unit groups no longer appear when a unit moves but may appear at beginning of the next side turn after being triggered (normal battle), at the beginning of the following DM turn (ambush), or at the end of the following DM turn (preemptive attacks).
Also changed some other minor stuff like font sizes of print screens and for how long they stay in screen.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Some extra updates: Improved some flavor texts, descriptions and the gryphoon roost.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Quite a BIG update as there hasn't been for a while. :mrgreen:
Most of the text of Classic AI DM quest texsts, as well menus has been reworked and improved.
There are a couple of new random events in the map.
Minor updates to the game map (aesthetic changes).
Bug fixes.