A Random RPG Adventure

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

winkr7 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:58 pm This is great, I don't have any constructive comments yet.
Thank you, I am glad you like!
PapaSmurfReloaded

Updated some deprecated pieces of code.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Reworked the difficulty levels for the Classic Map (AI DM and Premade), now these maps feature 4 options: Easy, Standard, Hard and Nightmare.
That should make the game quite more interesting.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Tweaked difficulties, made minor changes to the campsite menu, updated the manual.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update: A couple of bug fixes, tiny map changes, made several quests harder.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Fixed two important issues in the Classic Map of ARRPGA.
-Issue 1: Bug preventing more than one unit from teleporting into the final room of the desert quest.
-Issue 2: Bug that caused under the final boss of the Cattle Thief quest to reappear and mob groups of this quest to keep spawning under certain circumstances, even after finishing it, leading to over spawn,which made the game really difficult after completing this particular quest. I am really sorry about this one, it's probably been in the game for a long time but just today I found what caused it and fixed it.

Also, now each side can only use a limited amount of consumables per turn.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Made several aesthetic changes to the Classic Map
PapaSmurfReloaded

Small update! Players are able to change of the AI DM Difficulty in-game now.
PapaSmurfReloaded

New add-on version:
-By default the add-on starts 2 players (+DM) instead of 4, but playing with a party of 4 is still possible.
-Made a variety of small changes, fixed a variety of small bugs and deprecated terrains in maps.
-Now skills "Hunting" and "Herbalism" can be used the forest and groves (Hunting use to be in grasslands).
-Added Strong Health Potion.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

1. I sometimes have negative income.
2. I couldn’t choose traits for my units.
3. When I rest in an inn, it always becomes dawn.
4. I don’t like the fact I can have only four units at start and later I can randomly get random level one units. I edited the code so that I can start with more units, and I don’t let more units join.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: February 18th, 2023, 9:36 am 1. I sometimes have negative income.
2. I couldn’t choose traits for my units.
3. When I rest in an inn, it always becomes dawn.
4. I don’t like the fact I can have only four units at start and later I can randomly get random level one units. I edited the code so that I can start with more units, and I don’t let more units join.
1.Can you specify under which circumstances it happpened? How many units did you have? What level were they? Did you have units created via skills? (Similar to necromancer's plague)
2.That's not a ARRPGA feature so far.
3.That's a Wesnoth 1.16 bug, not ARRPGA's. From what I understand it won't be fixed until the next big stable version update.
4.Understandable. Lately I've tried to address the issue for players controlling fews units being "unfun", while it would be possible to increase the amount of units the player controls and the amount of units spawned in the random combats, quests would have be tuned manually. Also, there is the problem that some areas of the Classic map just can't handle more units. Thanks for the feedback though.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Updated the add-on.
-Random Combat now uses random_placement to spawn the units, so they do not spawn next to unit that triggered the combat.
-Now the DM has the option to spawn groups of random mobs (from list, selecting radius and amount).
-Fixed robbing villagers option.
-Raiding villages now uses random_placement as well, also grants extra gold.
-AI DM games have a new setting that allows larger party sizes (0-4 more companions can be recruited), however this also increases enemy party sizes and bosses stats.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Another update today: :lol:
In order to be less disruptive, using skills, items and crafting no longer creates messages but floating texts instead.
Minor bug fixes and changes to crafting.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

1. I can say only that sometimes my income is -5, sometimes -1, sometimes something between them.
2. I want enemies spawn next to my unit so I can attack them before they can attack me. I would prefer more powerful enemies over enemies that have initiative.
3. I suggest an option where the player can't get more units randomly but enemy party sizes and bosses' stats are decreased.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Minor update: The DM Group Spawn tool now uses a range of values rather than a fixed value.