The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: January 10th, 2023, 11:19 am @The_Gnat Hi :) I see you're finally back. What about the changes we talked about earlier? Are you going to develop the game on the old or new version? I noticed that many mods have not been converted to the new version because their creators have probably forgotten about them or are dead. In my opinion, it would be good not to let go of the old version because without some mods the game is not so good anymore :)
I think I would like to put out another update with more units and some tweaks, and when I do definitely for the old version as well.

Currently I am looking into updating the 1.17 add-on so it is more compatible, I think the current code is a bit messy/buggy and this would hopefully help the advancements not break other add-ons/campaigns.

P.S. - Also if there are any particular mods you want in 1.16 but have not been ported I guess they are pretty easy to copy over and tweak so they run.
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

I am currently playing the campaign "Legend of Wesmere" and there seems to be a problem with the Elvish champion and the Sharpshooter, when I get either of them and end the map, they are not available to recall in the next map :(

I appreciate your time and your mod is amazing, main reason that I'm so hyped about this game :mrgreen:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: February 8th, 2023, 7:56 pm I am currently playing the campaign "Legend of Wesmere" and there seems to be a problem with the Elvish champion and the Sharpshooter, when I get either of them and end the map, they are not available to recall in the next map :(
Legend of Wesmere is rather notorious for its recall list wipes. Haven't checked its source code, but wouldn't be surprised if non-vanilla units get deleted there too.
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

ForestDragon wrote: February 9th, 2023, 6:23 am
TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: February 8th, 2023, 7:56 pm I am currently playing the campaign "Legend of Wesmere" and there seems to be a problem with the Elvish champion and the Sharpshooter, when I get either of them and end the map, they are not available to recall in the next map :(
Legend of Wesmere is rather notorious for its recall list wipes. Haven't checked its source code, but wouldn't be surprised if non-vanilla units get deleted there too.
I'm sorry I'm kind of new to the community, have been playing the game casually for like 4 years but had no clue there was a community and even add-ons until last year.

Is there a way of fixing the problem with the Wesmere recall problems? I'm not too deep knowledged in programming so
I have just a slight idea on what you meant with problems on the code of The legend of Wesmere.

Thanks for your time :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 11:57 am
I'm sorry I'm kind of new to the community, have been playing the game casually for like 4 years but had no clue there was a community and even add-ons until last year.

Is there a way of fixing the problem with the Wesmere recall problems? I'm not too deep knowledged in programming so
I have just a slight idea on what you meant with problems on the code of The legend of Wesmere.

Thanks for your time :D
I'm afraid the recall list wipes are not bugs, they are part of the design.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I'm afraid the recall list wipes are not bugs, they are part of the design.
For now...
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 9th, 2023, 1:19 pm
For now...
Should I wait until it's fixed to finish my campaign or will it take long, what's your advice?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 1:45 pm Should I wait until it's fixed to finish my campaign or will it take long, what's your advice?
I wouldn't have faith in that getting changed in the next couple years or so.
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

ForestDragon wrote: February 9th, 2023, 2:17 pm I wouldn't have faith in that getting changed in the next couple years or so.
Any recommendations on mods to play the mainline campaigns that give no bugs and allow you to try new units/features?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 4:02 pm Any recommendations on mods to play the mainline campaigns that give no bugs and allow you to try new units/features?
Well, most mainline campaigns besides Legend of Wesmere don't wipe recall lists, I think Reign of the Lords should work fine there
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

ForestDragon wrote: February 9th, 2023, 4:11 pm Well, most mainline campaigns besides Legend of Wesmere don't wipe recall lists, I think Reign of the Lords should work fine there
Okay, since I had no idea that some campaign would have this kind of issue I didn't know if other would too, thanks a lot.

Also, do you have any idea why some custom campaign support the mod and some others don't?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 4:14 pm Also, do you have any idea why some custom campaign support the mod and some others don't?
Well, Reign of the Lords only affects mainline units. so if a campaign gives you custom units, those will be unaffected by the mod
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

The_Gnat wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:39 am I think I would like to put out another update with more units and some tweaks, and when I do definitely for the old version as well.

Currently I am looking into updating the 1.17 add-on so it is more compatible, I think the current code is a bit messy/buggy and this would hopefully help the advancements not break other add-ons/campaigns.

P.S. - Also if there are any particular mods you want in 1.16 but have not been ported I guess they are pretty easy to copy over and tweak so they run.
I mainly play mods like:
Afterlife survival,
Laterlife,
Heroic leaders,
Pick your recruits,
Plan unit advance,
2p/3p vs survival,
7 worlds survival,
Custom campaign,
Aethermaw plus

Unfortunately, no one ported these mods to the new version and I'm forced to play on the old version :/
Maybe you could try moving them if you say it's not much work? :)
elTykito

Post by elTykito »

Hello there.

So,first and probably for the "cliche but still true part", thanks for de mod/add-on, this is basicaly my favorite mod out there, being playing the game since I was a kid never actually tried mods, now have a couple ones, and for me this one is the best!

And second, the "bad" part. While playing i found some missing stuff/wrong paths or wtv its called in the in game unit images and portaits. Most are portrait related and easy to fix (i know pretty much nothing in terms of code or wtv so anyone can fix it for themselfs) units like the Celestial Messenger (white mage last advance) was giving me the "image not found" in the female portrait (i dont remember but i think it was a typo in the .cfg file of the unit). Same for the Orcish Exterminator, in this case i really dont know, the portrait marked isnt in the RotL portraits mod, i just changed it to have the same as the previous unit.

But the real problem are the wose shamans, more specificaly the Arch Wose Shaman and the Ancient Wose Shaman. The unit image itself is bugged, (at least for me) it displays the "image not found" yellow thingy mentioned above, in the map, on top of the unit.. and i can see the unit behind it lol. The unit is also perfectly displayed in the unit description and everywhere else, just not in the map while using it. I have no idea about this one. Tryed uninstall and reinstall, no other mods, allways happens. So some help would be helpfull.

So thanks for the mod, sorry for the long text, i dont usually write neither in forums nor in english so yeah. Overall still my favorite mod, would be great to have some more "normal" versions for the Knight line, so it doesnt allways end up in a dragon, or a non winged celestial conterpart. Still love it. Thanks.

(wesnoth version:1.16.8/mod versions:9.2.9 (RotL) and 1.2.0(Portraits))
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

Is it possible to play custom campaigns with the ROTL mod?
I have tried it but it just gives me problems when I'm about to end those campaigns and my units pass the level cap (+3 normally) with this mod.