The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

TheComedian wrote: January 4th, 2022, 1:23 pm Hi ! I could use some help, since 1.16 the advancement modification is not working. I tick the option, launch, and then no extra advancement. When I came back to the map selection menu, the box option is unchecked while other options are always remembered... Someone ever had this issue ?
Hello TheComedian! This is a strange issue I haven't experienced before. Could you perhaps trying to uninstall the add-on then re-download and see if that works?

Thank you!
TheComedian

Post by TheComedian »

Hello The_Gnat ! I tried, I uninstalled and re-download, same issue, I tried to suppress the files manually and re-download, same... And I have stranger : a friend of mine has the game on two differents computer, it's perfectly ok on one and he has the same issue as me on the other !
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

TheComedian wrote: January 9th, 2022, 10:51 pm Hello The_Gnat ! I tried, I uninstalled and re-download, same issue, I tried to suppress the files manually and re-download, same... And I have stranger : a friend of mine has the game on two differents computer, it's perfectly ok on one and he has the same issue as me on the other !
That is really strange! I wonder if this could have something to do with the saved preferences in the userdata?

Could you try going (on Windows) My Games/Wesnoth 1.16/ and move everything from this folder out of it. (Don't delete it, I don't want you to lose your settings!) But then you can see once everything is removed. The game should launch with default preferences and cleared cache.

See if this allows you to check the box now? Thank you! :D
TheComedian

Post by TheComedian »

I works !! Thanks you a lot !
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

TheComedian wrote: January 14th, 2022, 10:05 am I works !! Thanks you a lot !
Awesome! Really glad to hear! :D :D
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Hi. There is a problem with the new version of the game. The old mods don't work and I doubt that they will be made again for the new version because most of these developers probably don't remember about Wesnoth anymore. For me, the game without these mods is unplayable. Would you be able to develop this mod also on the old version of the game? :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:33 pm Hi. There is a problem with the new version of the game. The old mods don't work and I doubt that they will be made again for the new version because most of these developers probably don't remember about Wesnoth anymore. For me, the game without these mods is unplayable. Would you be able to develop this mod also on the old version of the game? :)
Hey Verbatov! (sorry about the long delay) Are you asking if I could make changes to the 1.14 version of the mod as well? (if so I could definitely do this, what changes would you like made)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Hi The_Gnat! Yes I mean version 1.14. The latest changes that you haven't added to the old mod yet and that you keep developing two versions at the same time :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 19th, 2022, 3:07 am Hi The_Gnat! Yes I mean version 1.14. The latest changes that you haven't added to the old mod yet and that you keep developing two versions at the same time :)
Sounds good Verbatov. I will go and update this as soon as I can! :D
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Thanks, we are waiting! :) You could also make these changes that we've talked about for so long ;)
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

This add-on would profit a lot from switching to [modify_unit_type]. The [modification] will be compatible with more add-ons.
Try out the dark board theme.
lea

Post by lea »

Verbatov wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:33 pm Hi. There is a problem with the new version of the game. The old mods don't work and I doubt that they will be made again for the new version because most of these developers probably don't remember about Wesnoth anymore. For me, the game without these mods is unplayable. ... ...
what particular mods make so much difference for you?
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
rusackN1

Post by rusackN1 »

HELP
tried to play the game after a long break, dloaded 1.16.5 and your mod + LotI... but it's unplayable because unit descriptions don't work :Image
please have a look what can be done
I play on mac by the way using arm64 game version

added: okay, enabling 'show all unit types' in advanced settings has helped... but I got lucky clicking it xD
added2: okay... it's kinda helped, because some units have progressions and others don't

LOVE your mod <3
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

I don't think using Reign of the Lords with LotI together is a good idea, as Reign of the Lords lvl4-5 units don't have the powerful AMLAs that LotI ones do, so you'll end up pretty underleveled in later levels
rusackN1

Post by rusackN1 »

ForestDragon wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 8:00 am I don't think using Reign of the Lords with LotI together is a good idea, as Reign of the Lords lvl4-5 units don't have the powerful AMLAs that LotI ones do, so you'll end up pretty underleveled in later levels
OMG, I started checking cfgs, and you're so right 😭 that would be pain to rewrite all the cfgs and I don't have either skill to do that nor the time
Thank you, then I guess I'll play just loti