Return from the Abyss [SP campaign for 1.12/1.14]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

skeptical_troll

Re: Return from the Abyss [SP campaign for 1.12/1.14]

Post by skeptical_troll »

Oh, hi Sergey! Thanks for this portrait, it looks awesome and will suite perfectly for that unit! :) It will be included in the next release (hopefully in not so much time)
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

The_Wolves_Last_Path.zip
(236.7 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Return_from_the_Abyss.zip
(504.46 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
I will attach a Japanese translation file of "Return from the Abyss" and "The Wolves' Last Path". These are created by replacing the title color with the actual data. Once the scenario data is updated, the title text will also be translated, perhaps. :)
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
skeptical_troll

Hi IIIO_METAL,
thanks a lot this is fantastic! Dumb real life keeps getting on my way lately, but I shall be able to upload the translation and fix the titles issue by the week, for both campaigns.

Again, thank to you and whoever else contributed to the translation! :)
Gorumph

Post by Gorumph »

Hi! Awesome campaign and fantastic work ....

I'm stuck in "The sewer". The main cave seems to have no exit???!!! I'm surely missing something, but can't find what.
When we meet the militia soldier, he says something like : "take the tunnel to the left..." but what left, his or ours?
There are two tunnels on the right (mine) which seem not sealed but I can't see or go through....
Any tip welcome....
skeptical_troll

Hi Gorumph!
It is actually meant to be 'our' left, so both from the direction our soldiers are arriving (south) and the left on the screen. The tunnels on the right will be open once the first objective is accomplished (i.e. 'find the meeting point'. Remember both 'Ikrimah and Khafir should be nearby, as stated in the objectives).

Hope this helps
Gorumph

Post by Gorumph »

Thanks for the quick answer. I found my mistake :
Spoiler:
By the way, many people notice that they would have chosen more quick units if warned. To my point of view, I'd rather prefer to be warned to bring a balanced party, as I ended with only Khafir and a dune ranger with the throwing ability, or if too general, that we will be stuck with the initial five for multiple scenarii.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Hello, skeptical_troll...

Yesterday I started to play this campaign, and now I am reached in the middle of third scenario progress (The Old Castle). Can you give me guide after defeating Stone elemental leader via spoiler thread (or PM), plz?
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
skeptical_troll

DukeSwampy wrote: May 10th, 2020, 5:17 pm Can you give me guide after defeating Stone elemental leader via spoiler thread (or PM), plz?
Sure, that's unanimously recognized as the hardest level in the campaign, I think, you may find various people discssing it and some nice replay in this thread, for example by taptap or inky (they may be from an older Wesoth version though). As for a general strategy:
Spoiler:
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Hello again...

Forest of the Crossing Paths
I'm sorry, I have killed both enemy leaders, then ended the scenario and didn't explore the middle of map (in the deep forest). What optional condition changes in this scenario?

Sewers of Uqraba
skeptical_troll wrote: March 31st, 2019, 10:22 pmIt is actually meant to be 'our' left, so both from the direction our soldiers are arriving (south) and the left on the screen. The tunnels on the right will be open once the first objective is accomplished (i.e. 'find the meeting point'. Remember both 'Ikrimah and Khafir should be nearby, as stated in the objectives).
Plz, give me guide about how to exit the sewers (after found Ahlil). I don't understand... :hmm:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
skeptical_troll

DukeSwampy wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:23 am Forest of the Crossing Paths
I'm sorry, I have killed both enemy leaders, then ended the scenario and didn't explore the middle of map (in the deep forest). What optional condition changes in this scenario?
The deep forest is just about side quests which may help you in the mission, and flavour events which are mostly gimmick and don't affect the rest of the campaign. Some people enjoyed them, others found they weren't worth the effort and just focused on fighting head on the two enemies. So don't worry.
DukeSwampy wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:23 am Plz, give me guide about how to exit the sewers (after found Ahlil). I don't understand...
It should be hinted at in dialog but anyway:
Spoiler:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

On 1.15 the add-on wants 'RFTA Music' as dependency instead of Return from the Abyss Music.
skeptical_troll

Fixed, thanks for catching it! Not sure why it was like that, probably something changed from previous versions.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It's somehow still bugged. It names the correct add-on but claims that it isn't avaible on the add-on server. My only guess is that there might be a space too much or something like that?
skeptical_troll

I don't know, I checked the blank spaces and they matched, so my only guess is that perhaps it didn't like that the name of the add-on is different than the directory's name (which is RftA_Music). This wasn't an issues in versions previous 1.15.

I changed the name to match the directory and I hope it works now, I can't debug it without using Wesnoth from another laptop. :doh: