Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

made quite a complex ability.
Frostbite 5% gets worse while on snow/ice (total of 10%)
Can be removed in village, while standing next to lava/fire (except when standing on ice), while standing in desert at daytime
Can be removed from healing/regenerating
does not affect undead.
Not so happy with all the conditions, so I might simplify it later. Maybe just remove with village and healing/regenerating

I noticed an unwanted behaviour, that forest regen and stone regen also remove frost/injured even when not standing in the terrain. I'll accept this behaviour for now

New Aquana unit harpuneer:
skirmisher, 7-3 pierce melee, 10-2 pierce +injure 5% ranged

another buff for the faction is in work, but not released yet: tail attack for merman fighter&advancements. Little bit of impact damage helps them against ships, though overall they are still inferior in a sea fight :(
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: May 18th, 2023, 9:37 am made quite a complex ability.
Frostbite 5% gets worse while on snow/ice (total of 10%)
Can be removed in village, while standing next to lava/fire (except when standing on ice), while standing in desert at daytime
Can be removed from healing/regenerating
does not affect undead.
Not so happy with all the conditions, so I might simplify it later. Maybe just remove with village and healing/regenerating

I noticed an unwanted behaviour, that forest regen and stone regen also remove frost/injured even when not standing in the terrain. I'll accept this behaviour for now

New Aquana unit harpuneer:
skirmisher, 7-3 pierce melee, 10-2 pierce +injure 5% ranged

another buff for the faction is in work, but not released yet: tail attack for merman fighter&advancements. Little bit of impact damage helps them against ships, though overall they are still inferior in a sea fight :(
Naga Fighters at vixens and Lv1 snakes suffers from this same problem as well. Snakes also have utility out of water because of 50% flat defense and 60% in forests, still it's not the case on nagas which is blade is not as bad as pierce when dealing with ships, still they have certain disadventage and Vixen's only good unit to deal with ships are clubbers.

So yeah, mermen usually have low utility out of water (lower than naga because of higher ground movement costs at forest/hills, etc), having also an impact attack will help them too as there is no melee impact unit in aquana faction, reason why I wanted my unit suggestion to have a club/blunt on lv2. So almost anything will have bad retaliation damages againist skeletons as literally no unit has impact on melee (apart of aquamancers or mermaids) on their melee.

A good option for lv2 mermen hoplite is giving them a significantly good secondary shield impact melee attack (9-2 or 10-2?), meaning that in some matchups they will be required for their impact melee too. While I think 42 HP is just too low for hoplite, but his ressistances are insane and it water is rough to get killed.

Other solution could be giving lv2 and higher level up aquana swordsmen a secondary shield attack (Similar to Marashy swordsmen) , because as mentioned, no unit in the faction uses impact on melee which could be a problem in few matchups. Lv2 values could be 9-2 and lv3 probably 14-2 for heavy swordsman and 8-3 for atlantis general. The values given are -1 level secondary impact melee attack and slightly better againist skeletons than base blade attacks.

Units that regenerates are few (lv3 quack doctors, golems, forest cubs, dead wood, lv3 luz bishop, any other thing?) , but still these units usually are not in best conditions in all-around because they have one heavy weakness or just low HP as case of healers with regens. Still I've mentioned once that golems even if they're a terrible unit because of their massive arcane ressistance some factions still suffer when dealing with them because of not having this dmaage type and usually being a problem (even vixens with impact melee and some arcane/cold ranged can suffer if golem camps in 50/60% defenses).

Harpooner looks very similar to javalineer but -1 damage and skirmisher , but much less tankier :lol: ... I think harponeer can also be 20% pierce ressistant as bonus to be more similar to loy javalineers just a bit. Not sure, but unit seems to be missing a bit too often, maybe +5% accuracy on ranged on it as well? as sacrificing slows in ranged is a strong cons.

Ohhh and been thinking about giving sand bag for lv2 dardo slinger for blur surprise attack (1-5) , they would have skirmisher and making a real decent use of this special.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

added tail attack for mermen fighters+advancements
changes blur attack for gnomes (marksman, but less strikes)
added blur attack to dardo auxilia (no surprise, but 4-4 ranged)
Chevalier crowssbowman melee ->impact
fixed graphic bug with Chevalier Healer/Doctor

increased aquana impact resistance to 10%. Will think about more impact damage. General already has his shield attack, but that's late in game. Not sure if swordman should get one, as I don't know if I#ll keep the graphic
IPS

Post by IPS »

Btw, I think I like the idea of 10% impact ressistance for a lot of aquana units, that kind of forces opponent to consider less often impact or cold attacks when playing againist them, while also helps at Aquana to not be countered that lot by heavy infantrymen or rock golems because sometimes that 10% impact res will make a difference (specially considering the extra bulk that many unit have on there).

Chevalier Crossbowmen need way too much XP to lv2 ... while lv1 swordsmen way too low.

Forest Trapper got an idea for him, add a secondary melee attack that is 6-4 pierce melee +injury , at not having first-strike and having one less damage per strike, AI will not use it in retaliation very often at all, meaning it will be an attack only feature in opponents turn. -1 Damage seems enough, but belive me in situations Forest Trapper would require same mount of strikes to get a kill (HP's like 9 , 15, etc) AI would sometimes use the weaker attack because by damage calculator chances to kill would be high enough to convince AI to use the weaker attack ... reason why it has to not have +first-strike

- Chevalier Crossbowman XP from 44 to 40
- Chevalier Heavy Crossbow XP from 75 to 72
- Chevalier Soldier XP from 40 to 43 (very strong fighter)
- Forest Tapper suggestion for a 6-4 pierce melee +injury secondary attack
- Forester price to 25g (-1g)
- Forest Poacher price to 25g (-1g)
- Forest Herbalist price to 28g (-5g)
- Forest Mage price to 30g (-3g)
- Druid fire/cold ressists to 10% , arcane ressist to 30%
- All forest cubs swallow water movement cost to 2 (-1) -same as wose-
- Forest Cub XP from 46 to 40
More cost efficiency in their only unit with impact attack will help, also there is a lt of more impact ressistant units in the era.
- Spirit of the forest suggestion for a new "bless of the forest" which just adds +10% magic ressistance to nearby allies. And not sure if they should apply the aura for themselves also, but 90 XP is massive tons of XP to be adquired.
- ALL DARK ELVES cold ressist to 20% (+10%)
- Dark Spearman HP to 36 (+1)
- Dark Rider ranged damage increase to 6-2
- Dark Wose XP from 40 to 39 , also gains +feeding in lv1
- All spiders cold ressistance to 10%
- Dark Spider HP to 27 (+1) , net damage to 3-2 , price to 15g (-1g)
- Dark elf thief price to 12g (-1g)
- Black Widow HP to 42 (+2)
Dark Elves have no high damage unit and depends on spearman getting strong trait to have decent damageoutput... I don't think they would do good in PVP. All of them have also gained 20% cold ressist because they're actually terrible againist Necromancers... and I think the faction feels imcomplete I think they need a lv1 impact melee fighter just for undead matchup and to deal better againist rockgolems, HI and similar units.

Unit suggestion:
Dark Elf maceman Lv1
HP: 37 , movement: 5 , XP: 44 , price: 16g
Mace 7-3 impact melee
Bonus: 20% res on impact, 10% on blade, only 10% cold res.

Advances to: Black Trooper

Black Trooper Lv2
HP: 53 , movement: 5 , XP: 100 , price: 30g
Mace 10-3 impact melee
Torch 9-3 fire melee
Bonus: 30% res on impact, 20% res on blade, normal 20% cold res
(Can't get to lv3)

Lv1 is quite strong but somewhat expensive, while lv2 is very strong but can't get to lv2. Considering the lots of horses in the era, it's risky getting too many macemen so players are somewhat forced to buy Dark spearmen or more archers. While being a worse option againist factions like aquana (just good to tank aquamancers, but no pierce res hits hard).
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

done. 1.6.11 uploaded

Didn't change the trapper. Is the extra attack just for injure? why should the AI not use it?
Would rather do some melee with the trap: blade, defensive only, injure&slow. Was also thinking about using the trap attack automatically when ambushed (-> enemy moves next to invisible trapper, gets hit one time with the trap attack, not sure if 100% chance or based on units defense.)

Forest spirit's blessing only works if spirit and ally are in the forest.

Maceman & Trooper added.
Did give them a defense nerf for water(s), sand, frozen and mountains. Also higher movement cost on sand, frozen, reef.
I think it fits better with the heavier armor. Maybe mountain defense could be raises to 60% again if needed.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Let me think it well , but I see really too low utility in trapper to even be worth to consider, injury could also help forestfolk significantly as they have lots of physical attack (no magic attack types...). They got chargers and magic which places them in an slightly better situation compared to how aquana used to be. Still, they don't have debuffers or skirmisher at all. In soon they will have magic res buff, but it has plenty of situationals which decreases its effeciveness quite a lot. Also Basher's criple is 10% which is at the momment the only unit that uses this value even in retaliations, but having no ressists or bonuses make it fair, but seems quite too strong to me xd , but a reason why I think forest trapper need more utility to be viable enough to consider.

Spirit of the forest having too many situationals to activate its effect to allies, then increase value to +15%.

Will later check how maceman and troop does, but the extra higher impact melee damage helps with ships, skeletons and rockgolems, it was quite much needed and idea is that dark elf have the option to consider him but having cons when purchasing them, and yep in castle/village/forests they're really tough.

Dardo Auxilia is costing 19g which in Era of heroes is causing a problem, maybe try a price of 29g. Hope blur attack makes him really strong enough to be considered, and idea was never on making him strong as it's still much better getting very weak lv2 compared to be forced to AMLA on Lv1. Maybe accuracy +5% on sling attack?

An Idea I got is giving lv1 vixen snakes a 6-2 impact melee attack (no slows) , this would help them to suck less againist UD and some more use againist ships. Been considering increasing amazon guard ranged damage to 6-3 (same ranged damag as lv2 hero) but the only cons is that if they gain dexterous trait they would become 7-3 which is 9-3 at night XD , but it's not an unit that is in a good status right now.

Rashy depend in at least one unit that is not blade/pierce to deal better againist other types of factions, so I would suggest Lv1 Energy Mage price to get lowered to 19g. Same occurs for mountaintribe so maybe melee damage increase for lv1 to 5-2 for wandering mage. Brewmaster on lv2 getting +5% accuracy on toss-ale attack.

Ki Master arcane ressist could be increased to 30% with no problems. Elyser Sorcerer XP could be lowered from 90 to 85. Elyser Lord XP lower from 100 to 90 , Dwarvish Smith as upgrade could get a supplies aura which increases allied damage by 15% (stealing this idea from Era of Strife (EOS) dwarves :lol:).

And that might all for now.

Edit: Rashy Resaearcher and Rashy Dimensionmage movement to 6 (+1) , but not for healer.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Release a new version. Mostly changes to the trapper:
-trap: pierce 10-2 melee with injure10% and last strike
attacks once with trap attack (not affected by strong). Hitchance is also increased by 20% if triggered that way. No slowing anymore
also managed to remove a bug where trapping would trigger while moving next to the unit.

I'm unsure about the amazones. Maybe a slight exp/hp buff for guard if damage is too much?
Snake with impact is still kinda meh. They wouldn't be able to compete against ships either way and against UD they should propably not be recruited (adepts should be brought down quickly with melee instead of poison). I would rather keep them without a strangle attack

As for smith... Was planning on scrapping him sooner or later. In his current form he doesn't fulfill a unique role. And with leadership & drunk ability it might be too much for the dwarves.

Rashy Researcher still at 5mv, feels weird to have him go down when upgrading to healer

other changes as wanted

Edit: maybe net (slowing ranged) attack for trapper?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: May 20th, 2023, 9:59 pm Release a new version. Mostly changes to the trapper:
-trap: pierce 10-2 melee with injure10% and last strike
attacks once with trap attack (not affected by strong). Hitchance is also increased by 20% if triggered that way. No slowing anymore
also managed to remove a bug where trapping would trigger while moving next to the unit.

I'm unsure about the amazones. Maybe a slight exp/hp buff for guard if damage is too much?
Snake with impact is still kinda meh. They wouldn't be able to compete against ships either way and against UD they should propably not be recruited (adepts should be brought down quickly with melee instead of poison). I would rather keep them without a strangle attack

As for smith... Was planning on scrapping him sooner or later. In his current form he doesn't fulfill a unique role. And with leadership & drunk ability it might be too much for the dwarves.

Rashy Researcher still at 5mv, feels weird to have him go down when upgrading to healer

other changes as wanted

Edit: maybe net (slowing ranged) attack for trapper?
Let me think it well, combination of 10-2 pierce injury(10%) and 6-2 ranged net attack sounds rasonable, also other option is that Trapper at being an ambusher throws a net at very close range (melee) range 9-2, counting in getting them by surprise. But don't try using both net attacks because that would make the unit really overpowered XDDD

I think that trap damage could be higher as 11-2 or even 12-2 , if we look at Banisher melee damage is 9-3 and also deals injury(10%) , and basher has no negative effets as of last-strike and trap will not scale from strong trait.

Then maybe decrease Rashy Researcher lv1 price by 1g as well, as rashy needs at least one of the two mages to deal better with certain factions and for linebreaking potential. Energy Mage works better at dealing againist human factions and ships, while Researcher is particularly strong againist skeletons, rockgolems and few other things that are much more ressistant to fire than to arcane as well of a bonus decent magic impact melee.

Angel Archer in lv2 is underperforming, appart of 2 HP (to 44 HP) I think he could have an optional 9-2 arcane ranged with no specials. Makes sense as at his lv3 he gains it to 10-2 but with magical special. This would make lv2 angel archer quite more valuable. Other option could be adding a much weaker 7-2 but magical ranged arcane attack. Little worried about Luz Crossbowman XP requeriments a bit, Lv1 XP from 40 to 38?

Thunderbird cold res to 10% , because well, it's bigger.

A solution for lv2 and lv3 amazon guardians is having a special named "tenacity" , basically in offensive this unit weaknesses are halved. Seen it in WC II (World Conquest II MP campaign) , and basically could help at them to care less about getting higher retaliation damages. And the best of all is that it doesn't scale after units gain ressists higher than 0% , meaning that in highly modded games the stronger your unit gets, the less use of this special ability will be required. Not sure if you want Stalker to also have this as well.

Edit: +Tenacity in WC II is when unit DEFEND, but my suggestion is when unit ATTACKS, because in defense it could be somewhat too strong considering the fact of the 60-70% defenses. And therefore, this important difference needs of another name. Cannot be +Dauntless because it doubles ressistances (like steadfast) but in offensive. Maybe to something like "intrepid" for its name.

Also vixens facing a deficit in blade damage in faction , just increase Jaguar blade attacks to 8-3 (lv2) and 11-3 (lv3) so players will need more this unit to deal with certain things (woses, ships mostly). Considered earlier an option to give a weak blade first-strike melee attack for Lv2 / Lv3 guards (7-3 for lv2 , 10-3 for lv3) , but then this would decrease the utility that jaguar riders have in faction... so I decided that might be a better idea just to increase melee damage in jaguars)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Done.

Kept trap attack at 10-2. I think with ambush, injure and slowing-ranged the trapper has quite a bit useablitly over the melee only Tamer.

Ability added for Vixen guard&templeguard. Wasn't sure if you wanted it for the Matriarch too.

Lvl3 Jaguar got 8-4 blade instead of 11-3.
Unsure if the faction will get a sword+chakram warrior in the future. For now I don't want to work on it, but it's an idea
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 2:27 pm Done.

Kept trap attack at 10-2. I think with ambush, injure and slowing-ranged the trapper has quite a bit useablitly over the melee only Tamer.

Ability added for Vixen guard&templeguard. Wasn't sure if you wanted it for the Matriarch too.

Lvl3 Jaguar got 8-4 blade instead of 11-3.
Unsure if the faction will get a sword+chakram warrior in the future. For now I don't want to work on it, but it's an idea
Not sure if lv3 Matriarch needs it, afterall her function is being support, but having -10% pierce weakness she could of benefit from that even more. Will leave as how it is right now xDDDD

Only problem 8-4 is lv2 damage (32) , while 11-3 feels more powerful than 8-4.

Other solution is adding blade shakrams on lv2 and lv3 jaguar riders (6-2 & 7-3), but that would increase the need of XP for some of them. Jaguar Rider XP from 74 to 85 if added the bonus 6-2 shakram. I guess units having really low damage can fit this type of buffs. It's not enoguh for them to cover the deficit of blade damage... but could help a little. Another stuff is that vixens are bit weak to cold attack in early game, not sure if you want to give 10% cold res to all jaguar riders (they also are quite bad againist undead) and leading a price increase on lv1 to 18g because of already (+30%) ressistances in buff and stronger potential in higher levels.

Another idea could be making an optional lv2 jaguar rider with that has 6-3 blade melee, 9-2 pierce melee but having a 6-4 blade ranged as bonus, but somewhat low HP to compensate having much more mixed damage than melee option and moving only 8. Even I could propose some stats for lv2 and lv3 if you like the idea.

Elyser Rider is 7-3 blade melee & 9-2 on pierce on lv2 and 7-4 melee & 9-3 on ranged (in default they increased their ranged damage but their XP costs as well) ... and Elyser higher level scouts being quite weak scouts, I think they could just get accuracy(+5%) on ranged because afterall they're elves xD , and lv2 Elyser Rider XP would pump from 60 to 70 beause of ranged buffs.

Forest crossbow and Forest Tinkerer is the only source of pierce damage in forest dwarves, okay reason to decrease their XP to 65 (-5) for lv2 and to 39 (-3) for lv1. Will also recheck recoil attack later, but 10-8 with half hit chances seem like a bad attack, let's use maths to prove it.

Recoil Halves hit chances with the promise of x2 strikes...
vs flat is 30% hit chance (80 x 0.3) = 24 AVG damage ... while 11-4 master bowman (44 x 0.6) actually is 26.4 AVG damage.
vs forest is 25% hit chance (80 x 0.25) = 20 AVG damage ... while 11-4 master bowman (44 x 0.5) = 22 AVG damage.
vs castle is 20% hit chance (80 x 0.2) = 16 AVG damage ... while 11-4 master bowman (44 x 0.4) = 17.6 AVG damage.
vs moats is 40% hit chance (80 x 0.4) = 32 AVG damage ... while 11-4 master bowman (44 x 0.8 ) = 35.2 AVG damage.

So yeah, Recoil seems not doing well, appart that there are some cons and pros at having this attack type
- Unit will in most cases will hit at least one or two strike even in worst situations
- Unit takes longer to deal its damages, bad when attacking other ranged unit.
- At being a very secondary attack, this attack is very optional.
- If being very lucky you could hit 4, 5 times or who knows 6 times (very rare to happen, but not impossible)

Also I have an idea for recoil special to make it just not too bad in modded games... base attack to 10-5 ... BUT RECOIL SPECIAL REWORK.
--> Halves hit chances, but also multiply strikes by 60% (rounded up?)

This would allow the unit in RPG games scale bit better with this attack even if being innacurate. Not as good as a normal attack but sucking less from having bonus strikes. As well in SXC RPG players can sell infavorable specials such as swarm or recoil to end having an attack with no specials but higher base damage and then adding possitive effects to it xD.

Edit: Elder Witch propossal for curse: Weaken -15% , as she strikes only two times and she's the damage option, as well high priest has more ressists.
Well that might be all for now.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

jaguar riders (they also are quite bad againist undead)
I guess. So far I haven't had trouble against UD in a matchup though (Clubbers and priests do the trick)
Same for dark elves. Even before macemen, the woses and torch riders kick their butt.
I'll think about the suggested changes. Overall I like the idea, just trying to say that undead might need a buff more than them :lol:

btw, this reminds me that I have given the dexterous trait to Adepts&advancements (lore wise Necromancers can be humans or dark elves). Hope that's not upsetting balance too much :whistle:
Recoil Halves hit chances with the promise of x2 strikes...
I don't think it makes sense to calculate this. Of course 44dmg will be better on average than 80 at half accuracy, but Dwarf has more melee damage, an alternative ranged attack and 10% armor. As the only source of pierce damage he also has a more important role in the faction and in a direct matchup it would propably come done to terrain and time of day.

Still made the suggested change, though I'm not a huge fan (it will show up as another warning in the Build report and number of strikes are less obvious on the unit help page, while essentially not doing anything for the unit outside of RPG games)

Changes are not released yet. Was hoping to get a few more things done before the next update. If you have more ideas in the meantime, please go ahead :)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

IPS has suggested bringing rashy updates to ageless. I noticed there are currently some macros or other identifiers which dont have any prefix. If you had repository for the addon I could help solve those cases.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Problem with undead is that almost anyhing is weak to impact. Dead wose is also 20% cold ressistant which is bad for Dark Adetps :lol: .... still in default games its still common that UD suffer againist rebel woses ... that problem is very old and comes from default :lol:

But on this case there is something more important to add... Bone construct is pierce melee and not blade melee as in default, so their most generic skeleton melee fighters are HARDCOUNTERED by deadwood. And junker is incapable of 9-3 blade melee on night... This requires of an undead with fire melee/ranged to can take rid of deadwood. What about the burning lichs, and making them part of mainline in Necromancers?

Also few things that could happen as well is:
- Lv1/Lv2 Undead serpent to be 20% res to impact. Almost no aquatic units use impact on melee or ranged (appart of aquana mermaids and elyser pixies)
- Lv1 Undead Horse to be 10% impact ressistant , but price going to 18g

But all this would not be enough to fix necromancers dealing so bad aginist precisely woses... so there is the need of a blade or fire melee/ranged unit at necromances to take down woses and ships easier.

Well, in short I now realize why you won so easily with dark elves againist necromancers.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

And junker is incapable of 9-3 blade melee on night
It's possible, just not as easy (25% chance for strong trait)

Not a huge fan of the fire lich. I would rather add some fire ranged to the archer (maybe acidic arrows. At level 2 they can get the corrosive ability?)
IPS has suggested bringing rashy updates to ageless. I noticed there are currently some macros or other identifiers which dont have any prefix. If you had repository for the addon I could help solve those cases.
I realeased a new update which hopefully fixes that. Don't have an online share, but if you notice more macros (or have suggestions to make handling in Ageless easier), I'll try to implement them accordingly
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I started doing quick check on era structure.

1) VR_LUA_BALLISTA_RANGE is either not needed, or should be changed to not use name store_unit_defense. 1.13.9 added that tag to core.
2) [movetype]name=mounted_lizard, nekofoot, darkelfelusive and more
3) DARKELF_MOVEMENT, DARKELF_DEFENSE, SPECIAL_NOTES_MOUNT
4) [race]id=aquana, darkelf and more. dwarf_R style is allowed from my side, though would be easier with usual VR_
5) [multiplayer_side]id=Trarashy and others would be nice to change, but I can also handle that in update script

While I dont approve of spaces in unit type id, I believe I will be able to detect and replace them.