Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Atreides »

Vyncyn wrote: July 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm Good to know.
I don't personally agree with the changes. Even if it's more balanced, it takes away something special about the undead. And then combined with humans lowered resistance. Only 30% more damage to describe the difference between light hitting a human and holy arcanary burning away the undead. Does not feel right.
I also get the feeling that the 1.18 changes could be, uh, unsettling. I'll reserve judgement until it's actually out though. Of course the beauty of addons is that they can go their own way. : )

So instead of adapting to the changes in 1.18 you could, maybe, go the opposite direction.

For the eras I maintain I don't plan to change them in response to the 1.18 changes at all. Other than technical ones of course, hehe.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Updated RE and reviewed diff.

With 1.16 there is no need to manually use special notes for core abilities.
+ description={AE_RHY_UNIT_NOTICE}+ _ "Dark Woses were corrupted through black magic. The Mages have tormented the mostly peaceful creatures to a point where they want to take revenge on every living being. Dark Woses are better adapted to the harsh enviroment -like caves- , where darkelves live in, and are more resistant against the cold. The torture has permanetly damaged their wood-like body, making them weaker against blade and impact weapons."+{SPECIAL_NOTES}+{SPECIAL_NOTES_AMBUSH}

For custom notes like
+ description={AE_RHY_UNIT_NOTICE}+ _ "Once a high Inquisitor, Kontinus, the holy Knight, has left the Inquisition because he disagreed with their policies. He joined the Teuton knights and quickly rose in ranks due to his exellent swordsman- and leadership. He wields a holy sword, blessed by the pope himself."+{SPECIAL_NOTES}+{AE_RHY_SPECIAL_NOTES_MOUNT}
the encouraged way is https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... 4ffe7fbaa9

Typo
+++ b/units/RE_units/trarashy/mb1-MageResearcher.cfg
- impact=100
+ impacte=100
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Updated RE and reviewed diff....
Fixed. Thank you!
I also get the feeling that the 1.18 changes could be, uh, unsettling. I'll reserve judgement until it's actually out though. Of course the beauty of addons is that they can go their own way. : )

So instead of adapting to the changes in 1.18 you could, maybe, go the opposite direction.
Yeah, that's also a good option. Gotta read the whole changelog at some point and make a copy of the current mainline movetypes.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

WML_tree_tools found another typo

resist_type_function cols found match at ['units', 'unit_type', 'resistance'] [{}, {'advances_to': 'null', 'alignment': 'neutral', 'cost': '51', 'description': 'This unit is from the Rashy Era. Its coding and art were done by Vyncyn.\n\nThe Beastmasters live up to their name. Often accompanied by many different animals, they are able to encorporate their taming ability into their fighting style.', 'die_sound': 'human-die-[1~3].ogg', 'experience': '134', 'hitpoints': '69', 'id': 'AE_rhy_fh_Beastmaster', 'image': 'units/human-forest/beastmaster.png', 'level': '3', 'movement': '5', 'movement_type': 'smallfoot', 'name': 'Forest Beastmaster', 'race': 'AE_RHY_human', 'usage': 'fighter'}, {'cols': '90', 'pierce': '80'}]

And case where defense of single terrain is set to different values "Mountain Adventurer"
Duplicate defense {'AE_chs_sylvians_Sprite', 'AE_chs_sylvians_Fire_Faerie', 'AE_rhy_mh_Adventurer'}
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

VRTr Doublesword file has indentation problems, leading to replacement rule detecting attack description as unit description https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=643
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Changed it. Can you test again? It works for me
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I plan to switch to running wmlindent before conversion as well, then it would not matter anymore. But after updating addon I still see [unit_type] and id= on same level.
quequo

Post by quequo »

hi all,

small issue with

Code: Select all

#define VR_ABILITY_SHIELDDEFENSE VALUE
	[resistance]
		id=VR_shielddefense
		name= _ "shielddefense (" +{VALUE} +")"
		description= _ "This unit gets an extra "+{VALUE}+"% physical resistance while defending"
		add={VALUE}
		max_value=50
		apply_to=blade,pierce,impact
		[filter_base_value]
			greater_than=-1
		[/filter_base_value]
		affect_self=yes
		active_on=defense
	[/resistance]
#enddef
there is no upper boundary for filter_base_value, meaning that if a unit has a base say pierce res at 70% then on defense it gets reduced to 50%

cheers
qq
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

quequo wrote: August 7th, 2023, 7:15 pm there is no upper boundary for filter_base_value, meaning that if a unit has a base say pierce res at 70% then on defense it gets reduced to 50%
thank you.
I think I fixed the issue in the new version by using less_than=50
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

no need to say that i lke rashy era, right :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

You don't have to say it, but I'm happy to hear it :D
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo bro Vyrcyn, been any news to this era? it's sincerely the best new thing I've seen in years, so I supported since the beginning, or just that I'm nostalgic old player who valorates new fresh material that intends to act like EE - EOM - EOMA addons while they were very new and fresh? xD
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 7:10 pm Yo bro Vyrcyn, been any news to this era? it's sincerely the best new thing I've seen in years, so I supported since the beginning, or just that I'm nostalgic old player who valorates new fresh material that intends to act like EE - EOM - EOMA addons while they were very new and fresh? xD
No news. I am pretty busy and propably will be for the next months. Still planning to polish some graphics in a future update, but I don't see any glaring issues that require an immediate fix.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I noticed another unit id conflict so added replacement rules
("VRAq Warrior", "VRAq Warrior_Swordman"),
("VRAqM Warrior", "VRAqM Warrior_Merman"),
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo Vyrcyn, are we here allowed to do some lv2 XP decreases in preparation of a Ageless Release in 1.18's ? I got a personal agenda to decrease jut a bit some Lv2 XP to make gameplay smoother and in overall, making random factions / random generated recruit list be more fun to use in Ageless ecosystem, which also includes Rashy Era itself ofc.

Also I've seen that some units in both Ageless and EOMA has lv2/lv3 AMLA mechanics which makes game much more fun if XP mod is not being used. Personally recommend that AMLA in lv2 units be very juicy in comparation of lv3 AMLA units for example, to make MAX lv2 be still a decent option if you got forced to AMLA on it for some reason.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide