Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Rashy Era

Post by IPS »

Yeah, I'm likely a human and can do misstakes, but I guess most relevant is that in most cases everyone can see if it's intended to be an increase or a decrease even if I mess with some values :lol:

Yeah, I think price for lv3 bishop is fine, Mage of Light is 58g for both heals and illuminates with also stronger melee. Also Necromancers are still being reviewed as many things are yet not done with them so I'm going cautious with already existing material.

Also about Marashy well... most of their units being now 40% defense at flat in lv1 and also much fewer chances of getting extra melee damage makes them significantly weaker than they used to be. I hope they don't need even more buffs as I have an actually poor steem about their stats right now.

Mountain tribe did also surprise me quite much as well, their only unit with high stats is their wolf fighter which is also by me the best lv1 fighter in the era (and they do need him as strong he is). 6-4 melee with normal traits distribution and no weaknesses makes him really solid unit.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

uploaded.
aside from the proposed changes, I got some new graphics and did changes to the necromancer faction:
- Necromancer has dark illuminates instead of plague. slightly less HP and damage
- Bone giant got more HP, but loses some defense on level 3 (basically 50% defense on all terrain that were 60% before). Also slow resistant, but less regen.
- damage rescaling on bone golem/giant.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been thinking about the default balance changes, and after a certain period of time, I now got an idea about what kind of pattern I will be using for lv3 pricing since then. Health points in lv3 fighters used to be quite too cheap considering they used to deal like 40% more damage too. Still, prices cannot be exactly the same as in default era as there are many much more slowers that can potentially ruin your lv3 unit retaliations for important events , and also a tons of chargers as well ... which I will consier increasing their price at being more special.

I think these changes will be pretty numerous , and I will just focus in repricing lv3 to a new standard pattern which is not exactly default's , but somehow follows it. Still very minor adjustment in certain exceptions.

List is pretty long, and I will exclude more excentric units as Angels, Gnomes, other cases, that will be for later as I'm getting tired at listing.
Spoiler:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Done and released.
tbh not personally a fan of all mainline changes. With the price increase of normal soliers, it shifts the mages from a costly spezialized unit to rather average. Luckily the proposed changes are mostly price changes for lvl 2 and 3, which aren't that important for multiplayer.
Nevertheless, I skipped some changes that didn't feel right to me :whistle:

my notes:
Chevalier doctor/healer: I really want to keep them as a rare healer/poison distributor. Lowering the prize further makes them too affordable

Lizard knight: I think when I first made them I took inspiration from dunefolk, which had this no-charge but single high damage attack. I think adding a charge special is fitting for a headbut attack. So 14-2 charge instead of 20-1. Put the prize higher than proposed for balancing

Titan: added regen 4. Higher prize and exp on Colossus for balancing.

Bone giant lost slow immune
Leviathan got feeding and4-3 fire ranged.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Okay, also them buffing this hard white mage XP to lv3 to mage of light still looks like a crazy change to me, and makes almost all other healers feel weaker in other add-ons. I'm still in shock, it's hard to compete with powerful lv3 light mage that is 12-3 illuminates, healing and massive 7-3 melee impact, seems like paranoids of mine, but usually these arcane damage healers are top tier healers as I've tested in multiplayer lobbies in multiple eras. I think I will just give even more HP to lv2/lv3 luz monks as I don't like the idea of them being massively weaker than mage of light and even in 2 sub-specializations.

But I'm taking seriously the luz lv2/lv3 HP buffs because they have 2 specializations that together does what does one unit as mage of light.

Fortunately, this list is much shorter than previous one, just buffing healer ecosystem in the era and few other random stuff.
Spoiler:
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Changes are in work, will release them tomorrow. Just few things I forgot to say:

Like you already noted, yeah I'm still using some units from default, means changes to them won't be implemented for now, sorry. I did change a few files, so this should be limited to mainline dwarves and woses

I created *cough* stole *cough* some new abilites.
- Wolf pack tactics work like Extended era (+1 damage instead of the % leadership), alpha wolves give +2 damage and only receive +1.
- Weapon specials similar to hex/curse from Era of the 4 moons. Add statuses on hit that can only be healed in a village (maybe I'll add a healing ability too to remove them). For now I have finished a working version of "corrode" (-10% physical defense).
Planning to add a few to them to Necromancers, which will imbalance them again. I'll keep them out of being randomly picked in multiplayer until I got abetter feel for this.

also playtested a bit. Undead seem still very underpowered. Even bone giant, despite all the extra stuff compared to the Draug. I would like to keep arcane as his main counter, because the faction is becoming more removed from skeletons and therefor arcane weakness. Still buffed to -30% and he has regen 8 again.

And thanks for working with my concerns regarding Doctors. I like the HP buff way better
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yup, I know about these facts, in AE ecosystem pre buffed UD in default is among weakest factions in all entire Ageless, which is a lot to say. There are still some reasons that explains that:

- Lots of pressence of arcane/fire/impact attack over units that have lower base HP (Revenant, Skeletons, Bone shooter, etc) than lv2 living units doing the same role. At certain point that their ressists usually only matters in your own turn lol.
- Absurd mounts of wasted XP to get lv3 compared to most other factions (THANKSFULLY part of that was FIXED with the upcoming DEFAULT changes!!)
- Absence of traits is usually a disaventage, inmune to drain / poison / plague is usually not worth negating the benefits of 2 traits in most cases.
- Undead in default can't also have a good map control in maps of higher size than 40x40, they will do notably worse than all other default factions (ghosts/bats do real poor damage, and are terrible for map control againist other scouts).

Ghost / DA's aren't strong enough to carry lots of things that were blatantly underpowered :lol:

But in overall, I hate really a lot default UD design, it's why I thanks you by taking out much of that in Necromancers :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't yet started testing phase, but I have hundreds of ageless game as experience and I can judge by stats if something is gonna work or not just by viewing a list of units, I've just buffed necromancers since the begining and atm I haven't done a nerf to them because the steem I do actually have to their stats is really low.

I was thinking about increase Lv1 and Lv2 squire HP's a bit, their fear aura at these levels is not being at all useful (specially on lv1) , I just checked these do not effect on units of same level than them (it's also why I made lv2 squires costs only 26g for now, but I think that 44 HP is just too low, unless HP increased to 46 and 6 movement or just going directly to 50 HP for lv2). Fear in lv3 is quite useful, on this level this special really helps, and not to talk about on lv4.

Still, dealing with Bone Shooter which is worst default archer is really a problem, they only have 42 HP, no virtues and they die really fast and their damage is quite "meh" and as said , their ressist only matters when attacking in your own turn as their weaknesses are quite easy to exploit in opponent's turn, you will probably want to rework them because lv2 and lv3 versions are just much worser than lv1 skele archer is.

Ghoul and higher level got fixed with this default release, which is I think among best things in all these changes to default.

And well, I guess I got a point why I only buffed undead horses and new unit so far. Still will be nice to see upcoming content about them because always new content is fun to see :D

Edit:
1) I do personally think if all skeletons in default era were just -30% arcane res, the game would be less broken :whistle:
2) if lv2 boneshooter in Rashy Era had also a secondary 7-4 appart of their first attack, and few more HP's that could give them more uses.
3) if lv3 had weaker 10-4 ranged (appart of their 14-3) and few more HP's , or specials or movement or idk, that could be a cool bonus to see somewhere.
dunno if you want the 7-4 to be pierce as well or other damage type, but idea is uppon you, or instead give hex or archers or something more excentric, dunno.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Another release.
Slighty buffed Archers. lvl3 got Nighteye
added the corrode special to the leviathan ranged. Leviathan outperforms lots of water units, but this alone won't save the faction
-40% arcane resistance for all Skeletons.
Junker & advancements have skeleton resistances, but the weaknesses dwindle as they level.
Horses got more movement speed (from 7 to 9-10)

problem is, Paladin &leviathan are becoming incredibly strong, but it difficult to level at all. Impact and arcane/fire are still stong counters and readily available in the other factions.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Personally, these two units being exactly what carries necromancers in late game is something possitive I find on them. Still they can be left to high stats in their corresponding levels if increasing required XP to obtain these units.

Will suggest some changes on necromancers.

- Undead serpent Serpet XP from 41 to 45
- Acid spray number of strikes can be decreased to 6-2. Afterall it's a bonus the unit gained.
- Junker XP from 36 to 42
- Lv1 undead horse movement to 8 (just because being faster than some living horses?)
- Skeleton Archer XP from 36 to 30
- Bone Shooter XP from 65 to 62
To be honest lv2 is still a bad unit, I don't see much problem it being bit more common in necro army.

- Lv2 undead horse price increase to 31g (capturing 1 village 1 turn ealier pays movement buff)
- Necrophage HP increase to 52 (+3)
- Death Squire price increase to 29g (+3g) , XP increase from 76 to 82
- Death Knight price to 57g (+4g)
- Bone Golem price to 29g (-2g) , XP from 76 to 70 (they do quite fewer damage than most melee fighters)
- Nightmare price to 56g (+3)
Noticing that Lv4 paladin has somewhat low dmg's to lv4 , but fear helps a tons and also is more stable unit than rest of skeleton army.

- Skeleton mage blade ressist to 20% (-20%) , pierce ressist to 40% (-20%) , price to 34g (+2g)
- Lich blade ressist to 20% (-20%) , pierce ressist to 40% (-20%) , price to 65g (+5g)
We also forgot about this unit :lol: :lol: :lol: , it even has better ressists than default liches, I think it's fine now.

Also idea is that player wants to get stronger precisely in mid / short games other options been buffed, while for long game scalling even the slightly nerfed Death squires can work better.

More random pending rebalance.
- Archangel price to 55g (+8g) , XP from 154 to 120
- Angel Marksman price to 52g (+7g) , enchanted arrow damage increase to 10-2 , also +first-strike in 7-5 attack.
- Roc price to 39g (+4g)
- Thunderbird price to 60g (+6g)

Edit: realized about the slight dissaventage for Luz to start with a lv2/lv3 keeper as leader unit... maybe a bonus +resilient trait for who starts with both lv2 keeper and Lv3 Sentinel could come handy.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Skeleton mage blade ressist to 20% (-20%) , pierce ressist to 40% (-20%) , price to 34g (+2g)
- Lich blade ressist to 20% (-20%) , pierce ressist to 40% (-20%) , price to 65g (+5g)
My mistake. I thought they had the same resistance as skeletons and buffed them alongside. resistances as suggested (which is still alittle stronger than mainline)
Edit: realized about the slight dissaventage for Luz to start with a lv2/lv3 keeper as leader unit... maybe a bonus +resilient trait for who starts with both lv2 keeper and Lv3 Sentinel could come handy.
:hmm: i need to think on that. even the reference page for traits suggests not to use them for multiplayer.
I can take Keeper/sentinel out form random draft if needed
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been thinking for a while, and I think that these changes have benefit way too much to LUZ faction ... I think I'ma go suggest some adjustments to make everything in there more fair.

Will also explain later why those changes.

- Peasant HP to 21 (+1)
- Militia HP to 35 (+1) , XP from 36 to 34
- Keeper XP from 54 to 50 , price to 21g (-1g) , arcane ressistance to 30% (+10%)
- Sentinel arcane ressistance to 40% (+20%)
- Veteran HP to 45 (+1)
It's not obvious, but it's more intuitive focusing peasants to obtain Veterans as they gain 1 negative trait instead of 2 possitive, reason why these units got a slly 1 HP buff, unless player needs urgently another inferior keeper in their lines.
- Crossbowman XP from 44 to 40
- Heavy Crossbow XP from 65 to 68 , arcnae ressistance to 30% (+10%) , price to 25g (-2g)
- Arbalest arcane ressistance to 30% (+10%)
In overall, slightly better crossbowmen line to help them to be more useful. Lv1 to lv3 is same XP, while lv2 to lv3 is constant 10% more arcane res. As well of having extra costs at bringing the 2 attack types that luz have that aren't present in inquisitor unit.
- Inquistion Warrior XP from 70 to 82
- Inquisitor fire sword damage increase to 13-3 , ranged damage decrease to 5-4
Inquisitors is very efficient in ageless ecosystem, nerfing XP and ranged performance forces the need of crossbowmen. But with everything else Luz have better support from anything that aren't inquisitors. Ranged nerf is needed to also not affect lv3 pricing.
- Witchhunter XP from 94 to 79
This one is paricularly buffed as well of Sentinel/Keeper to have an other option appart of training crossbowmen on these attacks types that inquisitors don't have.

Chevalier Faction
- Bowman XP from 38 to 35 (still bit more XP than loy for bowmen with default's buff)
- Longbowman price to 24g (-2g)
- Heavy Crossbow price to 26g (-2g)

Regis faction
- Bowman XP from 41 to 38
Will recheck them when testing phase starts with them, but for now this is all.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

update released.

Read through the traits reference page again. Once I release it on 1.18 it would be possible to give peasant 1 positive and 1 negative trait :)

Kept 70% arcane on sentinel for now.

also I did add additional AMLAs for all lvl2 units without advancements. Should not affect balancing much since it's still an inefficent investment of exp. Just wanted to make it feel less like a waste. Usually just a 1 time increase of speed/damage. Some units get specials or abilites, but nothing too broken.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been reviewing few other things, still I found some things that can still be improved.
Spoiler:
That might all for now.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

some good and some bad news

- I kinda messed up with the ships. Tried some rebalance (high resistance, low def), but was not happy with the results. Unfortunately I don't know the exact values they had before.
-While I was trying to look the old stats up on the https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/mainline ... nline.html, I noticed the whole era wasn't on there

I hope I fixed the problems with the unit database by uploading the new build. Ships might need some more balancing though.

good news is, I figured out an easy way to implement curses. instead of working with status, I give the cursed unit a bad weapon special or ability.
So, aside from corrode, I made a "blind" curse now. Not sure what unit will get that, but it exists :lol:
More curses to come. It could be the main theme of the Necromander faction. If nothing else I can release the "blueprint" on the forum
IPS

Post by IPS »

I didn't update the era before reading the post, here the ships as they were before this release from our previous rashy era version.

I'm too distracted to check the era, so I will edit this post much later.

Also do not forget to set the changes I set you a time ago, about lowering their XP's and few other stuff.
Attachments
ships.zip
(9.06 KiB) Downloaded 21 times