Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

I use hamlets too :lol: . I added a third, unreachable player as spectator for Ai vs Ai (or I play PvE / PvP on the regular map)
Sometime I also use Fallenstar lake or weldyn channel.
It takes a lot of time to polish a single faction recruitment pattern, and this change only benefit AI when using the faction.
Yeah, propably not gonna put much effort in there. Just reducing ship&mermen recruitmen helps and is relatively easy, but any more of that would be too difficult with so many factions. Also editing the recruitment pattern could be disfavorable in some matchups (like dardo needs up to 50% Archer vs undead, but otherwise I would mix in a lot more chariots and horsemen).
I would also have to add many more unit roles (like differenciating between Archers and chariots or changing all mages from mixed fighter to mage)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been a while since my last posting here xD

Been thinking, and I doubt that aquana mermaid is cost efficient with a base cost of 18g , as there is too many horses. Maybe with some pricing as of 17g (-1g) could be good , as it will lose in 1vs1 againist a ship. Also an XP of 45 (-2) and maybe 5-3 iceball magical +freeze in lv1 ... could probably help her a bit. Compared to water pixie, mermaids are much worse but both costing the same :doh:

Not sure, but also possibly considering about parry(+5%) on all merman javalineers (incluiding lv1) could be a good idea, to be honest, nobody loves that unit in default and un survival the netcaster looks much better because of slowing. This would help them to be tankier againist ships and having at least one real purpose...

Dardo Equestrian being allowed to gain 50% defense in villages and castle in compensation of having lower ressistances could be an interesting idea, all equestrians except catphract would gain this bonus. Lv2 is not the best of all horses even with this buff so I think it should be fine.

Bartender XP is way too high, 49 XP for an archer is real lot. Would suggest to try a value of 42 (-7) just for now (it might be hard to level up him with only 2 strikes).

Forsest shaman and healing druids arcane ressists to 30% ? they still don't convince me real much about their cost efficiency, only problem is that the 4-3 pierce attack allows them to use that attack instead of slowing entangle in defense if archer attacks them at full HP, which could them to be slain easier than elvish shamans. Lv3 battle druid could also get 40% on arcane ressist. In contrast, at least druid has much stronger melee and attacks which at least helps at them dealing more damage before dying in comparation of elvish druids.

Other problem in forest folk is that they depend way too much in pierce/blade/impact attack, while not featuring that much high ressists (still have multiple options for slows). I've been thinking, if Druid and Forest mage had arcane magical attack instead of pierce magical attack? (same as faerie fire) , but bit different, that could help the faction just a bit. This would help them to be more useful againist undead, spirit and other magic creatures, which makes sense in druids.

Gnome Minstrel and Gnome Bard allowed to heal allies from poison, as they cannot do that actually.

Luz tormentor HP to 36 or 37 (+1 or +2) , actually bit overpriced.

Luz Witchhunter HP to 56 (+2) , Luz really needs this unit in some matchups.

All rashy researcher and advancemnet impact ressistance to 0% (+10%) and 10% (buff to all except chronomancer) , this might help a bit againist monk's ranged and few other things, while justificating more their higher cost.

Rashy Archer HP to 31 (+1)

Lv1 Trarashy keeper impact ressistance to 0% (they should take as much or fewer impact damage at least)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Udpated.
Went for accuracy instead of parry for the mermen hunters
Village/Castle defense does not fit well with the Equestrians.
Druid got Lightning 12-3 instead of the suggested arcana. No additional attack for forest mage though.

Gnomes got their unpoison now, but it makes worry since it's gonna upset balance against UD, as ghoul is an important unit against them. Need to test if this can stay.
Also have been thinking of making some Gnomes lawful. It would fit Scout and Musican, maybe also the mage. Gotta test this too, higher damage potential at day and high defense when withdrawing at night could be very powerful.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Something I've considered for Dardo Equestrians.

As I do see, their sprites are less armored (except catphract ofc), also there is already a lot of horses that are 20% blade res and 30% on impact, and I'm thinking about making dardo lv2 be more different, while buffing lv1 for sure.

Lv1 would be just only -10% pierce weakness (as well as horselord and lv2) and maybe 1-2 more HP for lv1 in combination of pierce res buff.

While for lv2 they would be either or 10% less blade or 10% less impact ressistant (but just to one of the two elements), this would allow dardo lv2 calvary be slightly different at being bit weaker to one physical attack but having lower pierce weakness and being different to other calvaries.

This would change a bit lv2 and lv3 ressists slightly, while this seems like an odd change, just for some more horse diversity. Maybe that is a nerf for lv2, not sure if you want to give parry(+5) on melee on lv2 , but not sure if that matches the concept of unit you have for it.

But main idea is giving some kind buff to lv1 to not be that weak.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

The bold ability (half weakness on offense) could work aswell. Not as strong as straight up reducing pierce weakness, but I think it would fit them better.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: June 10th, 2023, 5:56 am The bold ability (half weakness on offense) could work aswell. Not as strong as straight up reducing pierce weakness, but I think it would fit them better.
May be a better option and not changing any of the other ressistances, only thing is that it might not help againist archers and just only if attacking spearmen or bone golems in offensive (which will be extremely rare, unless you want to last hit something with it).

Still giving parry(5%) to lv2 without lowering blade or impact res may be a too strong buff, but Bold for free on lv2 and lv3 horselord might be a welcome buff as in very rare situations unit will have opportunity to remove pierce weakness and if it does, bold special is no longer needed.

Two lv3 dardo Phanlax together boost all physical ressistances to 50% because the +20% bonus from protection is counted first , then the shield defense(30) bonus, which increases lv3 ressistances to 50% , you want this to be like this or instead want it to calculate first the shield-defense(30) and then the +20% ressists that cannot be increased to higher than 40% (40% on all 3 physical elements). This interaction occurs only in lv3 phanlax because on lv2 in no cases it can increase to 50% (unless buffed ressist from modded game) , still, in case calculating ressistance bonuses order changes, lv3 would require few more HP in compensation.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: June 10th, 2023, 7:21 am Two lv3 dardo Phanlax together boost all physical ressistances to 50% because the +20% bonus from protection is counted first , then the shield defense(30) bonus, which increases lv3 ressistances to 50% , you want this to be like this or instead want it to calculate first the shield-defense(30) and then the +20% ressists that cannot be increased to higher than 40% (40% on all 3 physical elements). This interaction occurs only in lv3 phanlax because on lv2 in no cases it can increase to 50% (unless buffed ressist from modded game) , still, in case calculating ressistance bonuses order changes, lv3 would require few more HP in compensation.
I think that's fine. Makes sense for Phalanx and hoplites to fight better in formation.
50% is pretty strong, but not undefeatable. And it only works in defense and for physical attacks.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been sick and out of ideas for a somewhat long period of time, but I got some ideas since then. Specially for Luz gameplay.

Been thinking, lv2 angel archer looks quite "meh" unit, but I got an idea, what about giving him weapon-mastery on his ranged on lv2? This would help luz to deal a bit better againist Swfitfoot , specially in scenarios like Orocia. In case the buff is too potent, just -2 HP for lv2.

Luz Bishop also looking as "meh" unit too , I think that an extra attack of 11-2 arcane ranged +magic as second option for his ranged, can help him be really worth more the sacrifice of an healer+8 and much more fun to use. So in day time the unit would be 9-3 or 14-2 while in neutral/night ToD the secondary attack will not be really much different.

Chevalier heavy crossbow HP increase to 54 or 55 , and for lv3 to 70 HP to have more difference of HP compared to archer.

In compensation, Chevalier Greatsword is a too strong unit, so its sand defense could be lowered to 20% (-10%) and fungus defense to 40% (-10%).

Again, for a second time, attempt for a lv3 version of Regis siege defender, but requiring massive 100 XP to be gained, could be fair as it would require like x1.5 times more XP to level up than a normal lv2 unit (even , leveing up a mage is faster!) ...

Stats:
HP: 57 , 10-2 fire melee +slows +corrode , 15-2 pierce ranged , 20% pierce ressistance (or just 15% only). Price: 55g

It only gains 9 HP to lv3 , +2 melee damage, +3 ranged damage , just +10% pierce res and corrode on melee.
Considering it's really expensive to archieve, is not a real good idea rushing this lv3.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Updated.
Changes as suggested (11-2 on the Luz Cleric, not the lvl3 bishop).
Released a few graphic updates too (-> Regis Spies).

I'll work on the lvl3 siege defender, but I'm still busy this week.
An idea I had was a castellan with an aura that gives 70% defense or additional resistance on castle to surrounding allies. Though this might be too strong.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: June 15th, 2023, 4:49 am An idea I had was a castellan with an aura that gives 70% defense or additional resistance on castle to surrounding allies. Though this might be too strong.
That's quite interesting, also VERY situational, not as strong as you would think. In orocia gameplay that will be a really top tier unit/aura, but in lots of other maps (such as WC II, that aura is almost inexistant). Same stuff with Blessing of the forest, conditioned to certain units be in specific terrains to work is not THAT strong. In more tradditional survivals, when players have to fall back to a poorly positionated keep/castle to defend againist waves it's because player is about to lose or even player will suffer from crowding and castle tiles will not be enough to cover all units, just specific units you want to get less harmed.

Still, +10% castle defense is like 25% physical damage decrease from anything that is not magical/marksman/etc in meassures of dodge, which is quite strong but not as strong as a +20% ressistance aura to everything because of being limited to an actually "bad" terrain to work. Still 9 HP for 70 (70% XP modifier) XP really sucks and rushing this unit could even harm more to player than the real benefit the player could gain from it, but compared to a generic AMLA , well it's MUCH better. Only problem is that if the unit has the same 60 HP's than generic lv3 archer then that unit could be a problem to balance, reason why I decided that it might be better with the corrode on melee too to be less ineficient to be obtained or some kind of bonus elsewhere.

Only problem is that regis still have red/grand mages , having the features of these archers, much better swordsmen and archers being very important for Regis and they do even have 3 lv3 archers option with this new unit. I'ma consider to check what to do to red mages (like more HP but harder to level up, or just crappier melee, SOMETHING idk) or some stuff, Regis in terms of physical strengh overpower loyalists, but loyalist have the blessing or arcane , access to lv4 leadership and illuminates aura.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Castellan is finally done. Got a 20% physical res aura on castle now, but no corrode on melee (for now).
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, checking once again here, but there is not much left to do right now.

- Elyser Druid price to 48g (-4g)
Lv2 damages , low HP, unit clearly does not deserve high pricing.
- Forest Huntsman price to 47g (-3g)
- Forest Ranger Forest defense to 65% (+5%) , swamp defense to 60% (+20%) , swamp movement cost to 2 (-1) , hills movement cost to 1 (-1) , mountains movement cost to 2 (-1) , frozen movement cost to 2 (-1) , swallow water movement cost to 2 (-1) , swallow water defense to 40% (+20%) , fungus defense to 60% (+10%) , price to 46g (-2g)
- Dardo Striker cave movement cost to 1 (-1)
They often visit cave terrain, from where they find many scorpions.
- Dardo Sand Ranger hills movement cost to 1 (-1) , hills defense to 60% (+10%) , cave movement cost to 1 (-1) , swallow water movement cost to 2 (-1) , swallow water defense to 40% (+20%) , swamp defense to 40% (+20%) but no movement cost improvement , fungus defense to 60% (+10%).

Just pairing more to Knalgan - Ranger , still being 50% hills defense is disadventage, but there is still lots of forests where Forest Ranger can be 65% defense. While helping Dardo Sand Ranger to be better in an exotic terrain as of cave in compenation of being worse in forests. Additional info: Dardo Ranger are only 5 movement (instead of 6) but at the cost of very basic healing.

Druid's Lightnings are actually fire, I've heard they were intended to be arcane, want to change or keep the attack type?

- Dardo Slinger and all advancement cave movement cost to 1 (-1)
As they used to be slaves, they are more familiar to this terrain.
- Luz Inquisition Warrior HP to 57 (+1)
- Mountain Ranger swallow water defense to 40% (+20%) , swallow water movement cost to 2 (-1) , swamp defense to 40% (+20%) but no movement cost upgrade.
- Regis Tourney Champion lance damage increase to 19-2 (as much as loy GK in 1.18)
- Bloodpriest price to 63g (+3g)
- All forest dwarves being 20% base arcane ressistance
Any objections? all their support are weak againist arcane (giants, gnomes). Also poorer armor to physical forces them to be in forest in order to be in advantage compared to normal dwarves because worse physical ressists hits negatively.

- Dwarvish Engineer XP to 80 (-5)
- Dwarvish War Engineer AMLA XP readjustment to 150 (from 85 , lv2 value) , movement to 5 (+1)

Just a minor overview, but that's some interesting suggestions after looking for some time.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Hmm i think there's a bug.
LIke Forest Ranger defenses have been pretty much the way you suggested for some time now, but it does not show on his page . Works for me ingame though.
I'll check the files. Maybe I can figure out why this happens. Propably the Macro shortcut I use messes with that.

Got some minor hangups about using 5% defenses. And some Ranger defenses did not make sense to me (like water for the sand ranger or swamp for the mountain one).

Druid's lightning was very much supposed to be fire.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

[base_unit] is most likely guess without looking.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: June 24th, 2023, 7:20 pm Hmm i think there's a bug.
LIke Forest Ranger defenses have been pretty much the way you suggested for some time now, but it does not show on his page . Works for me ingame though.
I'll check the files. Maybe I can figure out why this happens. Propably the Macro shortcut I use messes with that.

Got some minor hangups about using 5% defenses. And some Ranger defenses did not make sense to me (like water for the sand ranger or swamp for the mountain one).

Druid's lightning was very much supposed to be fire.
I think if you're not comfortable with defense boost in certain terrains, just decrease movement cost without the other part of the change (sand ranger having 2 MP cost at swallow water but not the 40% (+20%) defense bonus. Then in other review will check if they still need some buff or bonus.

Thing is that for example 1 MP cost in cave in certain situations is really strong, much better compared to the +20% defense on swamp terrain that some of the ranger have, still makes senes that some rangers vists more often caves than deep forests. Also 60% defense in fungus is a joke compared to 60% on hills, but it also helps in more specific situations, reason why also forest ranger is 65% defense in forest.

Yeah, I know that feeling about defenses ending in 5% (such as 55%; 65%; etc) , I only like 65% value because it's almost 2/3 dodge while full 70% is bit too powerful but unit was not fine with just 60% . Never used any other N5% value appart of just 65% at least in my case.

Elvish rangers and archers are full 70% , but they have weaker arcane ressistance (by a lot) and also much lower base HP , still in 1.18 elvish ranger will be deadly 9-4 combined of 11-4 ranged as much as loy bowmaster. Still knalgan ranger are 7-4 at both ranges but requires much less XP to be adquired (nearly 20% less than elvish archer to lv3 , approximate as much as inteligent trait elvish ranger).

Talking more about sylvan vs 1.18 rebels... there are still some stuff to mention...
- Elyser Sharpshooter ranged damage increase to 11-5 , (rebels oness will be insane 12-5) , melee damage increase to 8-2 , HP to 55 (+1) , price to 55g (+4g)
- Elyser Champion arcane ressistance to 0% (+10%) , missing arcane weakness removal.
- Elyser Sylph arcane damage increase to 12-4 , HP to 54 (+2) , price to 60g (+3g)
- Elyser High Lord arcane res to 10% (+10%)
- Elyser Druid pierce strikes increase to 9-4 , Ensnare impact damage increase to 7-3 , price to 50g
They're weaker than upcoming elvish shyde (14-3 magical) from rebels but there is an huge difference between spending 60 XP for a lv3 and spending 85 XP.
- Elyser Avantgrade blade melee damage increase to 8-4 , HP increase to 60 (+3) , arcane ressistance to 10% (+10%) , price to 48g (+5g)

Reasons of buffs is that I consider it's fair to not make elyser weaker/underperform next to rebels as soon as 1.18 gets released with its balance changes. Rebels are more deadly offensively (higher champion damage, higher shapshooter damager, higher arcane damage in lv3+, etc) but elyser in overall has more movement and higher arcane ressists on higher levels (as well of elvish pikemen for physical tankyness).

- Shadow Archer XP to 70 (-5)
- Nighteye blade melee increase to 10-3
- Stone Golem XP to 80 (-6)
Will later check more arcane weak stuff , default era in 1.18 will have much stronger arcane damage dealers, even if some changes were already adapted to that, still some are misisng.