Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

Udpated :)

Made some errors while implementing, but I think I fixed everything.
If anyone catches an image or animation not working, please report

Also made a lvl2 fire archer for undead
IPS

Post by IPS »

Ravana wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 6:01 pm I started doing quick check on era structure.

1) VR_LUA_BALLISTA_RANGE is either not needed, or should be changed to not use name store_unit_defense. 1.13.9 added that tag to core.
2) [movetype]name=mounted_lizard, nekofoot, darkelfelusive and more
3) DARKELF_MOVEMENT, DARKELF_DEFENSE, SPECIAL_NOTES_MOUNT
4) [race]id=aquana, darkelf and more. dwarf_R style is allowed from my side, though would be easier with usual VR_
5) [multiplayer_side]id=Trarashy and others would be nice to change, but I can also handle that in update script

While I dont approve of spaces in unit type id, I believe I will be able to detect and replace them.
Also take into consideration that in AE , ballista got reworked to be a viable unit in other game modes becuase in that times , long range was not working. Also could be a good idea keeping AE actual ballistas as an exception , and porting new Rashy Ballistas units (quequo already used them for some of his scrolling map).

Vyncyn wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 6:56 pm Udpated :)

Made some errors while implementing, but I think I fixed everything.
If anyone catches an image or animation not working, please report

Also made a lvl2 fire archer for undead
Only problem is their Lv1 early game, they can't do really much to deal againist deadwood if not having a GROUND unit that is blade/fire melee or either having range that is fire/blade but at lv1. Other possible solution could be making Necromancer's ghost costing one less gold (-1g) because of necromancers having different lv1 structure than Undead. This would leave them to only be vulnerable to lv1 dark elf riders. Considering that some Dark elves units got discount of -1g in Dark Elf faction , Dark rider could be costing 1g more (to 19g) as well it helps Dark Rider previously got buffs.

Dark Rider is in overall a good scouting unit, gives no disadventage when recruited in same mounts than enemy purchasing their scouts because they appart of not being bad againist scouts (instead, fire melee is way better than blade melee when dealing with enemy mounted units) , but not as dominant scout that ones that used pierce on melee (which have smaller overall utilty but great cost efficiency because being good againist enemy scouts). Exception to this rule are Trarashy scouts that are 10% fire ressistant, but that unit is literally the lowest tier scout in the era ... OR having some issues when dealing with very dodgy scouts as elyser scouts that just refuses to be hit because of higher defenses.

Probably we could try with this +Intrepid attack special from vixens on Bone Constructs and all advancement , what do you think about decreasing damage they take from retaliations in offensive? This slightly helps at dealing againist Dark Rider scout, but is more experimental suggestion.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Done, but not released yet.
What do you think about the idea of fire damage (+corrosive) for Skeleton archer & Bone shooter advancements?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Couldn't stalk skeleton archer advancement stats, but as far I know corrode decreases physical ressistances by 10% , which seem okay to consider. Seems ingame there is a bug with skeleton archer at this momment.

Sorry for post being too short, I'm actually tired :lol:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

fixed the bug, thanks for the hint
added the secondary ranged attack to the archers
IPS

Post by IPS »

While viewing units and casting them with debug, I realized of something , is that Fear will not affect units of same level than them. So Junker is basically being -1 melee damage for also +1g cost from something it acually don't get realy much benefit, in resume this specific unit is underpowered in Lv1.

So Junker could be dealing 7-3 blade melee on lv1 without balance consecuences , and the +1g might not be a problem at all because some factions still use lv0 in their recruitment list.

Other thing I've relaized is that higher level up Squires have lich like ressistances, which make them much more fragible, even lv4 has worse blade/pierce ressist than lv1's. This inconsistency has to be fixed otherwise higher level Squires will be nearly useless.

This only change will help undead a lot againist trees and ships, and fixing finally the deficit on blade attack on necromancers.

Skeleton archers having 6-2 fire arrow looks fine, just slightly stronger againist trees than adepts specially because of the 80% hit chance, it just helps at not being so hard countered by trees while not representating a real danger for them (orc archer is 7-2 , but point is, orcs DEPEND on that attack while skeleton archer has it as a bonus for no price increase).
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

good catch with the resistances. fixed that

I think the +1g is well deserved, because they can get a trait aside from undead, though raising their attack is a good idea aswell. Undead were still underperforming in my last playtest, this should help.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo got an idea for lv2 Fire Shooter. In description says "Trained Mages however cast fire resistance spells on the bodies" and they're constantly burning but they have the same -20% res to fire than normal skeletons. I think we can try inreasing fire ressistance at the cost of some cold ressitance.

Fire shooter fire ressistance to 20% (+40%) , cold ressistance to 40% (-10%) , arcane ressistance to -50% (-10%).

Idea on this is that skeletons intentionally take 1/3 less fire damage but 1/3 more cold damage, as well of just -10% arcane ressistance to compensate just a bit the +20% among all ressistnaces (while there is not real much difference between -40% or -50% arcane ressistance) as well lore could explain that this is even more unnatural reason why the lowered arcane ressists. Other thing of the unit is that it's too low in stats , I think It could also gain some buffs... like no longer fearing the heat of daytime and always being +fearless trait (as ghouls) appart of 40% sand defense as they cannot move in water. Appart of very moderate HP buff to 42 (+2) and not sure if you want to give it 6 Movement (+1).

Maybe Undead Serpent XP to 42 (-3)
Skeleton Horse HP to 40 (+1)
Skeleton Junker XP to 40 (-2)
Skeleton archers , bone shooter and Banebow having only -10% (+10%) fire ressistance because of magically enchanted (needs description changes)
Ghoul lv1 feeding?

Still undead have no defensive counter for arcane, just ghouls as DA's , which is hard to think welll because all of them are reanimated by black magic and therefore obvious to be weak to arcane, still ghoul is more flesh than black magic...

Other thing that you can try is giving slight night time regeneration (similar to tharis in EOMA) to some of the undead army (Lv1 skeletons, all undead horses, junkers (except lichs?) ) ... basically all creations with negative arcane ressistance (except ghosts) having night regen of 2-5 (lv1 +2 , lv2 +3 and lv3 +4 , lv4 +5) so they could be striking at night time while having to care less about healing. In some other games (out of wesnoth...) undead have the capacity to regenerate themselves somewhat faster. Bone Golem would be unchanged as they have already regen+4/+8 all ToD's (well, lv1 would still get buff and lv2 bone snake). As well few more bonus HP's on night by costless I think is a good buff to consider.

This means that only ghosts and ghoul would not have night regen.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Fire shootesr was supposed to have fire lich resistances (40% fire, 20%cold). I missed that during the previous update, so thanks for the note.
Increased damage to 14-2 (from 13-2) instead of the HP and speed buff, 'cause I like the glasscanon aesthetic.

Junker kept at 42exp, but he (& the other suggested units) received the regenerate. And junker has good upgrades (and possible intelligent trait)

Got to test these buffs again. They were doing quite well last time I played and I don't want them to get overwhelming. There's of course the arcane problem, making them unbalanced against factions with and without that damage type...
But yeah, as you have noted too, it's hard to get rid of for black magic creations. At least with horses and serpents the faction might have more options for resistance than mainline undead
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yeah, also having a quick look in Forest Folk , it's obvious they will underperform againist undead so far. Not all factions are well prepared at all againist necromancers. Forestfolk always having deficit in lots of things...

Deer lv1 rider could get 6-2 impact melee (no charge) , this would allow them to be 7-2 againist skeletons (8-2 if strong) , but point in here is that it allows them to retaliate much harder their first strikes to units like skeletons, ship and golems. While if having charge unit would need to get priced far higher.

Something that could slightly help at dealing necromancers way better, would be giving 10% cold res to all forest hunter and advancament (except trapper which has slowing ranged), none of them have ranged and this would make them harder to die just to 3 DA hits (in lv1) at night. Not sure if you want this addition on lv1 archers and all their advancement at all. Much better againist skeletons and most undead is the axethorower, but not really sure if you want to give him 10% cold ressist.

Seem a good idea allowing Forest Cub to be 12-2 impact melee damage, opinions in here? having some issues with damages, specially on night. And Deadwood and default wose can kill lv1 bone construct in datime if hitting 2/2 while forest cub has not enough damage yet.

Forest shaman I guess could be 4-2 impact slow damage, as he cannot be 70% forest defense as elvish shaman. Could be viable increasing all advancement slowing attack damage by +1 as it's literally the only impact on ranged they have (appart of forest trapper net).

Ahhh, talking about forest trapper, slowing on ranged increases their utility significantly, their price can be increased to 26g (+3g)

Beavers so low HP (24) is just 2/3 of merman's HP , only feature of it is that it works well in forest and has no defense handicap in grounds, maybe decrease price to 11g (-1g)? and as much XP as thieves (28) which means -2 XP buff. While seem quite weak, I personally think thieves looks easier to level with that same 28 XP requeriment and If I'm correct beavers can get only 1 trait.

Giant in forest dwarves requires massive 48 XP to lv2 , maybe to 44?

Golem ironically is the only big tank that can die to 4/4 magic from DA's because 7-2 x1.4 (weakness) x1.25 = 12-2 which 4 strikes is its exact HP :lol: , maybe HP to 49 (+1) , as well a 12-2 on lv1 golems could be tried.

Last thing I've spotted, Dardo Galey is only 10% blade ressistance while Frigate is 20% blade ressistant. I remmember that before all big ships were constant 15% blade ressistance, as I've considered that 20% is too high but 10% is too low because of their 40% defense status (smaller ships are 10% on blade and 30% on pierce but 50% defense on moats). And time proved that 45% pierce res in bigger ships is not a so good idea, better is a 40% value as how is it right now.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

done.
trapper got 10% cold too (don't like the jumping of resitances). Didn't add for archers/axemen

entagled damage increased for all but druid (since he has more hits with it)

I reduced beaver level by 1 and tail damage slightly (5-2 instead of 6-2)

Ships were changed on purpose. Was hoping for more differece between them so the big ships got one of the physical resistances increased. Galley is better vs impact, Frigatte vs blade and corvette vs pierce. Honestly Galley got the worst deal, but it still does help reducing a weakness of ships and they are the cheapest human ships
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: May 26th, 2023, 1:40 pm done.
trapper got 10% cold too (don't like the jumping of resitances). Didn't add for archers/axemen

entagled damage increased for all but druid (since he has more hits with it)
s
I reduced beaver level by 1 and tail damage slightly (5-2 instead of 6-2)

Ships were changed on purpose. Was hoping for more differece between them so the big ships got one of the physical resistances increased. Galley is better vs impact, Frigatte vs blade and corvette vs pierce. Honestly Galley got the worst deal, but it still does help reducing a weakness of ships and they are the cheapest human ships
Yeah, and that naval is rare to see impact attacks, no ships use impact attack. Curious that all ships uses blade attack crews xD

This could be a quite interesting idea to consider to increase ships diversity. Also later I will have a more specific look on ships. But actually what defines naval fights is mainly pierce ressistance, blade ressistance and for disgrace of elvish ships ... arcane ressistances punish them againist other ships while making them rock againist mermen, nagas or other kind of naval unit. Still if you think galey has worst ressistances deal, could be considered to increase just a little bit their impact bonus by another 5%.

Got an idea, for lv2 and lv3 offensive druids (with no ally healing), what do you think about giving them +marskman for slow ranged? as forestoflk don't have fire/cold/arcane attackers at all, they need some greater utility somehow. Will later look how their pricement should be with that change. This would reward better players sacrificing healers for more damage or utility. This would also increase their impact damage quite a bit.

Beaver being lv0 usually gives upkeep advantages, but is no longer capable to ZoC (STILL.... with that very low health, it was hard it being good ZoC unit in many cases). Also I didn't want to increase beavers HP because... THEY'RE BEAVERS small and cute rodents :lol:

Other thing I was considering was about increasing lv1 druid HP to 30 HP, still he got a somewhat strong melee attack (5-2) and now stronger impact ranged, but still think that's all fine for 16g because of forestfolk faction having certain structure. Still, these are lv1 footpad values but inverse damages between both ranges. Imagine a day someone adds Forestfolk for ANL (A New Land gamemode) and allow beavers to build things even farms :lol: ... just a funny joke to end the post.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Curious that all ships uses blade attack crews xD
That's a good point. I mixed it up a little. Tested with:
Dardo Galley
7-2 pierce and 12-1 impact ranged (after resistances 4-2 and 12-1 against big ships, 5-2 12-1 against small ones)
Chevalier Caravel
6-2 blade and 6-3 pierce (-> 5-2 & 4-3 against all ships, and takes less ranged damage form elven ships)
Regis Frigate
5-2 impact and 7-3 pierce (-> 5-2 & 4-3 vs big and 5-2 & 5-3 vs small while also taking less melee damage from them)

-> Frigate is best vs small ships
-> Caravel does same damage as Frigate, slightly cheaper but 3 less HP
-> Galley is cheapest. Slighly worse in matchup against big ships, Highest melee damage against mermen but lowest ranged

Edit: published another update with some Aquana buffs

Mercenary 38 HP (+1), 36exp (-1)
Scout 38HP (+3), 38exp (-2)
healing +2 for aquamancers
simplified frostbite ability

also added unpoison to dwarven brewmaster
IPS

Post by IPS »

Realized that lv2 Bearver is overpriced 46g , could we try a pricing of 34g (-12g) for it? pretty good tank for a lv2 , specially counting on base 64 HP and in overall good terrain properties even 60% on moats. Great Beaver could have a price of 21g (-2g) as it's good vs ships in overall (still I'm not sure they can beat a ship in 1vs1 because of melee/ranged ... but beaver has utility out of the water xD

If after my lunch I find something else to mention will edit this post.

Edit: Could you run a Dardo vs Necromancers test? I'm not sure if they will do correct againist necromancers.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Dardo defenitely has a problem against UD

Archer do most of the works, but then you have to decide between unpoison or fire damage.
Mercenaries are ok at level 1 and good at level 2.
Legions shield attack helps a litte, but they are still outmatched damage wise
Slingers are decent vs skeletons, but die to quickly.
Horsemen can deal with Adepts, but are bad against the skeletons.
Scouts are only good for village grabbing, while Chariots are useless.
Got mixed feelings about Galleys. Impact range is good, but fire damage of Skeleton Archers still hurts and junkers&horses can also deal good damage against them

I want to avoid arcane damage for the faction. More fire or impact would be an option, or a better healer (though as non-magicians I would like to keep them at heals +4, maybe with unpoison)