Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

I noticed I put gnome musicians damage type to impact. only arcane on third level. I think they should be the same damage type (preferably arcane), but the faction already has one arcane magic. You think this would imbalance them?

some other changes I'm working on:
- more damage from drunk (20% and 30% on lvl2)
- possibly a blur attack for the brewmaster/bartender
- doctors medication also gives +1 damage
IPS

Post by IPS »

I do think that it as arcane attack would have more sense instead of impact for musician ranged. And I don't think changing damage types in musician wouldn't change that much the factional balance.

Still, I'm still interested what melee units will be the replacement for Dwarvish Fighters, Guardians and Gryphon riders, but they look more traditional dwarves.

And actually only thing I can do at the momment is waiting for an update and see the new blur attack in brewmaster/bartender.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

new version released.
added a very weak 1-3 blur/surprise attack to the barkeepers

Don't think I'm gonna replace the mainline dwarves. Might add a Runefighter as alternative lvl2 fighter, but I'm currently quite busy with dardo striker and also not-wesnoth related things
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sounds great, also while then dwarvish steelclad has OP XP to lv3 during all this time :lol: and guardian being awfully underpowered at this momment.

Also, personally blur special is not as good as slows or other specials, I think you can even try 3-3 or 2-4 for lv2 , but the only thing I find fine in having such low damage values is that at being "surprise" means there will not be any retaliation, but in case of gnome ranger that he can do a lot of strikes of almost no damage just because his skirmisher aura allows him to blur and still making your forces don't waste a tile which could use for more damages.

Also I'm viewing newest changes in default on loy and rebels faction and personally I don't want to follow some of them at all. This will also give Elyser more liberty to be slightly more different from default rebels even a little bit.

- Amazon Huntress XP from 38 to 35
- Viper price to 31g (-3g) -they're very overpriced againist stuff inmune to poison-
- Trarashy Archer XP to from 42 to 37
- Rashy Energy Mage HP to 28 (+1)
- Regis Horseman price to 24g (+1) , XP from 47 to 53
- Regis Mage HP to 25 (+1)
- Regis Baron XP from 46 to 38
- Skeleton Mage HP to 43 (-3)
- Bone Mess movement to 6 (+1) -really low dmg's-
- Wandering mage sand defenses to 40% instead of 60% -bugged, they're much higher than intended-
- Chevalier Surgeon HP to 45 (+3) , heals value decrease to +4

- All Lv3 Elyser obtaining arcane ressist to 0% (+10%)
This help them to not underperfom againist the severe buff on all arcane attackers previously.
- Elyser Champion movement to 6 (+1)
Default rechanged their concept for 10-5 champion, but Elyser is more arcane ressistant.
- Elyser Sylph fire/cold res to +10%
- Elyser Druid arcane ressistance from -10% to +10% (+20%)

- Night Eye HP to 62 (+4)
- Lv3 advancement of spearmen arcane ressists to 0% (+10%)
- Dark elf Assasin HP to 55 (+3)
- Master Assasin HP to 65 (+3)
- Dark rider and all advancement arcane ressists to 0% (+10%)

Will also in soon start with testing phase (will wait for this release), theorically pending there is not much else to do, most is already done.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

new version released.
Dardo rangers got released. I increased the exp for bowmen by 1, otherwise intelligent ones can level after only 2 kills (on multiplayer with 70% exp)
Bit weaker than suggested: 2 sand movement (it's still a harsh terrain), healing 4 and unpoison instead of cures, no 70% mountain
The 5% injuring can be overwritten by the 10% from chevalier basher, but not the other way round.

Also, Rashy era is visible in the database again :) Already uploaded a fix for the displayed warnings
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, I guess it's okay, also this left me to think about certain bonuses for certain "low" tier archers in the era. Been thinking that adding parry 5% on some archers can be an interesting bonus because this feature is more common in melee fighters but abscent in ranged.

- Dardo Striker / Dardo Sand Ranger getting parry +5% on ranged attack
- Shadow Archer / Night Eye getting parry 5% on ranged attack
- Eagle Master getting parry 5% on crossbow ranged.
While parry in ranged is not as useful as accuracy, still it has purporses like avoiding damage and being slowed later by ranged slowers.
- Gnome Musician and avancements suggestion for a new special in Barding Song: Soothing (whenever this attack is used , owner takes -20% damage taken in both defense and offensive)
- Fullmoon mage suggestion for an additional special in snowball: weaken(10) , when this attacks hits decreases enemies damage output by -10%. Weaken attack special is a good idea for many debuffs as decreasing enemy damage can quite help a bit, even in very low mounts of damage decrease , but that damage nerf (-2) for the special can be okay..
I would just apply that to all Aquamancers, but problem is that with this addition then Newmoon mage would be too powerful and quite overpowered. And decreasing that attack's damage to 12-3 for this addition well, would not greatly help aquana faction at all.
- Vixen shamans and all advancement could potentially use weaken(10) as a bonus in curse attack
Weaken could last for 1 turn or get treated to injury, depends on you.
- Forest Mage / Druid suggestion for regenerates+4 a an addition.
This will help this unit be more considered by players sometimes.
- Wandering and all advancements impact ressistance to 10% (+10%)
- Mountainflareman (lv2) cold ressistane to 10% (+10%)
The unit is pretty good, but still has limitations considering cannot promote to lv3, it's why they got special buffs that other mountain tribe did not (compared to wolf warrior or crossbowmen).
- Runeadept XP from 53 to 47
- Runemage XP from 116 to 95 , HP to 46 (+2)
Having 10% physical ressistance but being dwarf is in overall a disadventage in defensive aspect even compared to human or similar units.
- All Lizard riders swamp defense to 30% (+10%) , swamp movement cost to 3 (-1)
- Bartender and advancement cold ressistance to 20% (+10%)

Idea is making all non knalgan units be strong enough to be considered as good options, this is why after a long time of not checking them I've considered all these buffs and changes. As well giving a lot of extras to units that in stats are bit lower than other units in similar roles.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Update!

Changes as wanted, except for Full moon mage. They got an ability to increase arcane resistance by 20% at night.

Weaken disappears at the end of the turn.
Soothing does not affect undead

Gotta say though I had to warm up to the parry ranged idea. Parry in melee makes sense, but for ranged it's the wrong word. I think it does make sense to have a trained archer that hides behind obstacles to avoid projectiles. Just wish there was an alternative name
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Well ranged parry is dodge. Others would be avoid, sidestep, duck, take cover. I'm sure there are more.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo , been doing many things in mainline rashy era , still I've forgot about the special units that on the lv4 that actually been forgotten :lol: as well of some tribefolk suggestion for lv3 ranger.

- Mountain Ranger suggestion for a new attack: Bolas (or other weapon?) 9-2 +slows , price to 50g (+4g) , XP from 57 to 64
I doubt somebody will pick ranger just because loosing a slower from other option is already an hard desision. Still mountain adventurer is a good choice because of stronger melee and having more strikes in slows on an unit that is already melee is literally more useful.

Whatever the other topic :lol:
- Amazon goddess HP to 74 (+4) , melee damage increase to 12-3 (to not be lower than lv3 in mainline)
- Mage of the blue element HP to 66 (+6) , spear damage increase to 13-2 and addition of +first-strike , arcane ressists to 30%
- Darkelven Queen arcane ressist from -50% to -30% , fire ressistance from -20% to -10% , blade ressist to 20% , melee damage increase to 7-4
- Ancient Druid Arcane ressistance to 50% , forest defense to 70% , HP to 75 (+5) , slow attack damage increase to 7-5 , melee damage increase to 14-2
- Luz Pope replace +swarm to +swarm(4) on melee from ageless (you can see this in yokai - slurger swarm codes) , HP to 66 (+6) , add +regenerates , price to 90g (same as other special lv4's) , ranged damage increase to 17-3
- Raventrainer flat defense to 50% , replace +swarm to +swarm(5) on ranged , cold ressistance to 20% , HP to 68 (+3) , melee addition of +injury(5%)
- Marashy Dark Lord addition for a new attack: 16-3 cold ranged +magical
- Rashky Avatar addition for regenerates+4
- Dark Pyromancer arcane ranged increase to 21-2 , fire ranged damage increase to 18-3 , melee damage increase to 9-3 , fire ressistance to 40% , arcane ressistance to 30% , summon fire lich is also not working correctly?

Not a much useful but still a fun post of mine :lol: , but that even counts a bit if we consider quequo added an option to make randomised enemies in Ultimate Wesnoth Survival scenario which actually is pretty popular and epic bosses is always fun :lol:

Also some factions have missing lv4 of this type, could be great that much later you add them these special units :lol:
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Rashky Avatar addition for regenerates+4
could you specify this? Avatar already has regen 8. Incerase to 12 or what do you suggest?
summon fire lich is also not working correctly
also not sure what issue you mean. Fire lich is not a recuitable, but if you select Pyromancer (when he hasn't moved) and then click next to him you can summon one for 29g. It worked when I tested it, but I can take a closer look when I know what isn't working.
Unfortunately, just like the mount/dismount it's unusable for AI
Also some factions have missing lv4 of this type, could be great that much later you add them these special units
Currently only dwarves are missing one, but they aren't available in aoh anyways, because I though it would be imbalanced if they get early scorpions.

EDIT: released changes
additonal to the IPS balancing suggestions:
some graphic upgrades
injure for mountain ranger and chevalier surgeon (instead of the suggested slow)
improved drunk to not be removed during level up
changed medicate to not be removed during level up and to apply unpoisonable instead of damage buff
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sorry for the late reply, still yeah, I guess there is not much left to do with rashy avatar unit, but massive 100 dmg in a lv4 is already by itself very powerful so it's fine it be the fragilest of all these un-obtainable bonus lv4's.

Still I got much more ideas after a long period of time, doing many other things is then when I get ideas :lol:

- Mountain flareman fire ressistance to 10% , impact ressistance to 20%
They would specialize at dealing againist heavy enemies, and no lv3 limits a lot their potential.
- Mountain Wise and Hermit impact ressistance to 20% (+10%) , Mountain Wise also HP to 44 (+2)
- Swamp snakes and all advancement cold ressistances to -20% (+10%)
- Forestfolk wolves (all levels) frozen defense to 40%
- Lv2 and Lv3 wolves cold/arcane ressistance to 10% (+10%)
- Lv1 and Lv2 beavers cold ressistance to 10% (+10%)
- Lv3 bearver cold ressistance to 20% (+20%) , impact ressistance to 10% (+10%)
- All beavers frozen defense to 40%
It's not a considence that I decided to buff animals in overall in minor aspects.
- Dark Elf Spearman XP from 42 to 36 , price to 13g (-1g)
- Dark Elf archer price to 16g (-1g)
- ALL rashy (marashy as well) frozen defense to 30%
- ALL rashy mages arcane ressistance to 20% (+10%)
- Trarashy Archer price to 15g (-1g)
- Trarashy Guard & Sentinel frozen defense to 40%
- Rashy Chronomancer cold ressist to 20% (+10%)
- Trarashy Scout and all advancement fire/cold ressistance to 10%
- All Marashy frozen defense to 30%
- Marashy Adept , Monks and all their advancement arcane ressistance to 20% (+10%)
- Marashy rider and all advancement cold ressistance to 10%
- Marashy Soldier XP from 44 to 41
Problem here is that their lv1 is a really good unit, but his lv2 are quite meh. Reason why it's the swordsman that needs lowest XP to lv3.
- Marashy Thief XP from 34 to 28
- Dardo Legion impact ressistance to 10% (+10%)
- Dardo Hoplite & Phanlax impact ressistance to 10% (+10%)
- Dardo Flanker suggestion for a new lv2 version of him!
- Dardo Flanker XP to 45 (should not be focus material to go, but situational) , price to 19g (-3g)
Dardo will usually have problem dealing at similar units as rockgolems that are 20% heat ressistant.

Lv2 flanker stats propossal
HP : 39 , Knife 4-4 knife melee , Sling 6-4 , price: 29g

Bonuses: impact ressistance -10% (+10%) than lv1.

Lv2 slinger might be a really powerful but fragible unit in overall.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

And updated

lots of impact/cold resistance, I just hope Aquamancer will be ok
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:42 pm And updated

lots of impact/cold resistance, I just hope Aquamancer will be ok
Aquamancers originally did not have cold attack, but I think their cold damages can be increased a bit, as it's not being very useful at all, as well they got bulkier and way faster to level. Appart that aquana was among factions I've only buffed and even gift a new unit and some bonus ressists because of aquana limitations.

Personally I think counting all changes, aquana got more benefit at dealing againist the rest of the era, than before most of these changes because they were very weak at not having factional strengh.

- Aquamancer cold damage increase to 9-2
- Bluemage cold damage increase to 12-2
- Fullmoon cold damage increase to 13-2
- New moon mage impact damage increase to 12-4
- Merman Warrior XP from 80 to 65 , price to 24g (-4g)
- Merman Triton HP to 63 (+3) , price to 48g (+4g)
- Merman Entangler HP to 46 (+6) -no lv3 cuts their potential really hard-
- Merman Spearman HP to 42 (+2) , XP from 80 to 54 , price to 23g (-4g)
- Merman Javalineer HP to 57 (+2)
- Mermaid Initiate XP from 50 to 47 , price to 18g (-1g)
- Mermaid Enchantress XP from 90 to 85 , NEW ATTACK: Cold ball 9-3 cold ranged +magical
- Mermaid Siren NEW ATTACK: Cold ball 10-4 cold ranged +magical

Also factions that got cold/impact ressistances in units with no lv3 , well, they had limitations in their gameplay and usually suffer dealing againist similar units like HI (mountain tribe depends on rockgolems to deal with them, but they're not exact counters of HI at all...) and slingers fortunately are still 5-3 againist HI.

Only problem is that mermen from default are very weak ... even hajenvar in official default for 1.18 lowered their XP's to lv3. And to be honest, I always considered that default mermen are unerpowered, and they will have bad time agianist rashy ships. I'm going safe with slight buffs to aquana because your worries about aquana could probably be correct.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Updated

also did add some more AMLAs to lvl 2 units that still didn't have one. And changed the code fro AMLAs a bit, making them easier to handle (for me)

Edit:
Got an idea for a new unit (already included in the 1.6.10k version)

Forest catcher, alternative lvl2 for the Forest spearman.
Special ability: Can ambush. When units move next to it, they are slowed and injured(5%).
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been thinking a while, that aquana depends way too much on physical damage types, and cold is the weakest of all magic attack types (which is still quite useful againist highly armored enemies). Still ... Aquana has other deficiencies like not having Chargers, Poison, Berserker, Skirmishers which limits their potential a bit, specially in very open fields and large army mounts because of not having a solid linebreaker at all.

Other issue that they face as well is that they do slightly worse againist horses (which are pretty common in the era) than many other of the factions. So been thinking in a cool debuff idea for aquana to help them perform better. I'm not the best person with englih words, but, I got an idea for iceball !!

defrost(5%): when a strike hits succesfully , enemy physical and cold ressistances are lowered by -5% , requires unit to move back to village (or possibly an hot terrain as well) to remove the debuff. If conditions for removal are present, debuff will dissapear after enemy turn.

Done some calculus ...
6-3 with 20% pierce weakness (7.2) is rounded to 7-3, but with 25% pierce weakness (7.5) can probably be rounded to 8-3.
7-2 with 20% pierce weakness (8.4) is rounded to 8-2 , but with 25% pierce weakness (8.75) will be rounded to 9-2
9-2 with 20% blade ressistance (7.2) is rounded to 7-2 , but with 15% blade ressistance (7.65) will be rounded to 8-2
9-2 with 30% blade ressistance (6.3) is rounded to 6-2 , but with 25% blade ressistance (6.75) will be rounded to 7-2
6-3 with 60% pierce ressistance (2.4) is rounded to 2-3 , but with 55% pierce ressistance (3.3) will be rounded to 3-3 (+50% dmg increase!)
7-3 with 60% pierce ressistance (2.8 ) is rounded to 3-3 , but with 55% pierce ressistance (3.85) will be rounded to 4-3 (+25% damage increase!)

The higher the enemy ressists are, the more harmful will be that -5% ressistance debuff, while being nearly uselesss for values lower than 10%
For wose, this is an excelent tool for aquana, as unit will still be using iceball because of greater damage than the impact attack.

While all other lv1 values are nearly un-existant, still this is good to counter +steadfast units which if ressistance are lowered by -5% then the endcome x2 steadfast effect will be really -10% to four attack types. Best is that iceball attack have normal damages so being absolutely normal damage to many units and additionally do weak but useful debuff will always be of help.

While if also the debuff is not strong enough to waste one attack for just -5% ressists (unless you're attacking something with 5 or 6 units) , still in long term could be a viable move to bother much more to enemies.

While this is not enough to fix aquana's issues at being too dependant on physical damage type, still I think that giving that to lv2 mermaid secondary cold attack could of be a good idea too.

Lastly, been considering about the possibility of adding injure(5%) to one of the aquana units, but I don't find a correct place it to be, but Retairus melee seems to be a too overpowered place to be ... because it would force enemy melee to get injured to kill him ... and giving aquana a significant advantage, but that may be too STRONG LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a pair of ideas for aquana, but... I think they at least need of one skirmisher (probably with injuries , 4 ranged strikes of low damage (6-4?) but injuries debuff and skirmisher special, maybe being another advancement from lv1 netcaster that instead of having ranged slows having skirmisher combined of ranged injury weaponry. Even I got an idea for his stats.

Lv2 aquana predator?
HP: 46 , 7-3 impact melee +injury(attack-only) , 6-4 pierce ranged +injury(attack-only) , 6 movement , price: 28g
Special: +Skirmisher , maybe some bonus on certain terrains (swamp, water, forest? idk)

But yeah, aquana has strong limitations in very open fields when both sides dealing with high mount of units in an open field. Last doubt pending, is that the unit can proc the injury effect in both attacks but only in owner's turn and not defending ... UNLESS aquana's trident has the same injury type which could even be a waste but sometimes useful...

Edit: also merman netcaster can gain some bonus like this appart of just the new unit, as it has no lv3.