Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Atreides »

Vyncyn wrote: January 10th, 2022, 4:08 pm Thanks for the reminder, Atreides. I completeley missed the 1.16 release

Balance changes for Ships & Angel have been Implemented. Spelling mistakes have been corrected.
Uploaded 1.4.7 to both wesnoth 1.14 and 1.16
Nice! One little problem with the 1.16 though is that it still has the magenta macro, preventing loading.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Atreides wrote: January 10th, 2022, 6:14 pm Nice! One little problem with the 1.16 though is that it still has the magenta macro, preventing loading.
Yup. Apperently lots of macros changed, so I had to edit them all out.

Should be at least playable now. Not sure if everything works as intended. I'll do some debugging in the next days.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Vyncyn wrote: January 10th, 2022, 7:56 pm
Atreides wrote: January 10th, 2022, 6:14 pm Nice! One little problem with the 1.16 though is that it still has the magenta macro, preventing loading.
Yup. Apperently lots of macros changed, so I had to edit them all out.

Should be at least playable now. Not sure if everything works as intended. I'll do some debugging in the next days.
One tip is running wmllint on it. It removes the magenta thing and most other deprecated stuff.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Yeah, here's what was needed: magenta, slow/poison sound macros delete, run wmllint to change leaderships to new macro.

BTW the specials.cfg has a BOM in it at a most unusual spot. It's in the word doesnBOMt... :- ) It crashes wmlindent (thus living up to it's monicker BOMB quite well :- ), not sure about lint I always run indent 1st.

BTW I have not seen wmllint remove magenta, I think all it does is warn?

I do hope that 16 didn't break any abilities or such, that's always hard to find except with intense playing. I haven't seen 16 break many so far. The one that does seem to be a problem is leadership used to modify damage no longer works in 16. I reported it on github but didn't keep up with it since I rewrote the weapon special as an ability as is now possible. That's what I'd look for. Looks good though. Really enjoying this era.

Oh and found another quirk in lint... it takes
description=_ {DESCRIPTION}
and adds another _ in! No clue why...

p.s. Also you may want to rip out the special notes for 1.16 although as of 1.16.1 that's not strictly required anymore. It just gives you double entries. If there are no custom special notes it's easy, else it will be a big PITA... Of course it does mean having to keep a 14 and a 16 version if you intend to update both (also a huge PITA)
p.p.s. You could also run a spell checker (wmllint GUI will do that for you) as there are some more typos.
p.p.p.s. I think there may be another 1.16 change affecting RE - variation id's are spawning some sort of error in the log. I think wmllint warns about them and you need to fix them by hand... (haha, porting is such fun... well I guess I enjoy it but I'm probably a masochist... ;- )
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Uploaded the new version with all bugfixes I could find
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been a real while the last time I've heard about news in here.

I wanted to propose some few balance adjustments in there as some units are unfairly underpowered in the era.

Forestfolk
They look quite too weak in early game in comparation to default factions, even underperforming next to default rebels.

Forest Shaman: On lv1 the unit is not useful at all. It even underperforms in comparation to elvish shaman mostly because he can't 70% defense in forests and cannot heal+4. I'd suggest giving him the capacity to heal+4 as playing with forestfolk is in overall difficult considering their low base HP's, low ressistances and high dependency in forests tiles.

Forest Mage: the required XP to lv3 is way too high and ressult is far inferior in comparation Lv3 loyalist Archmage. I would recommend to decrease the XP from 98 to 80.

Forest Bear: faction is having problem at dealing something that is not blade or pierce damage, personally think that lowering required XP to lv3 would be fine. Suggest value from 98 to 90

Forest Cub: I would recommend as well some XP reduction on lv1 forest cub so it can advance faster to lv2. It depends on forests to regenerates which make it inferior to wose, but also actually requiring more XP to lv2. Suggest value from 46 to 40 (same as wose)

Great Beaver: as animal will only gain 1 trait which make them bit weaker than expected. Would recommend lowering XP to lv3 in compesation of this disadventage. Sugges value from 78 to 72

Deer Knight: Actually lv1 does best in this line. XP to lv2 is way too high. Would recommend setting value from 102 to 90 in compensation of the poor damage gain on lv3.

Mountain tribe
I really love the concept of these guys, sadly they struggle so much in mid game just because their access to lv3 healing is very difficult (120 XP to level up the lv2 ouch). Still they're defenetively doing much better than forestfolk faction.

Mountain Wise: leveling up this unit is vital for a good late game in PVE and in survivals. It's a must no matter what and maybe one less kill to archieve this unit cannot harm much the balance I think. Suggest adjusting the XP from 120 to 110

Mountain Flareman: the only fire damage source in the faction. Maybe an slight buff to fire ressistance because of not having lv3? Suggestions: add 10% fire ressistance and 5-3 fire arrows as secondary attack.

Mountain Explorer: the unit looks fine until we look at its HP xd , it's way too risky maintaining this unit just in lv2, yes it's 6 movement but it dies too quickly. Suggest increasing HP from 41 to 44

Necromancers
My only complaint on this faction are the skeleton riders, they're garbage and defenetively not useful because of underpowered.

Skeleton Rider: Suggestions: HP from 36 to 39, arcane ressistance from -50% to -30%, XP from 44 to 40
Bone Knight: Suggestions: HP from 48 to 52, arcane ressistance from -50% to -30%. Price from 37g to 35g
Death Rider: Suggestions: HP from 61 to 65, arcane ressistance from -50% to -30%, axe damage from 11-3 to 12-3, price from 57g to 54g

Dark Elves
On here there are some blatant underpowereds, some doing defenetively poorly.

Dark Wose: Cool concept of chaotic, burnt/weaker wose, but maybe price 1g cheaper? because of lower HP and worse physical ressistances. suggestion: price to 19g (instead of 20g)

Dark Elf thief: convinced that it being 50% flat defense is a big cons for this unit (the slightly better ressistances doesn't help). Let's maintain him that fragible but more deadly. Suggestion: dagger damage from 3-3 to 4-3 , crossbow damage from 5-1 to 6-1.

Nightshadow: belive me, it's actually much worse than defaultish rogue. Let's buff him significantly. Suggestions: dagger damage from 5-3 to 6-3, HP from 38 to 42

Dark Elf assasin: Suggestions: Dagger damage from 7-3 to 8-3 , HP from 48 to 52.

Master Assasin: its stats doesn't correspond to lv4, needs buff. Suggestions: Dagger (backstab) 8-3 to 10-3, Schwert 9-4 to 10-4, crossbow damage from 8-3 to 8-4, HP from 54 to 62

Forestdwarves
I personally like the idea and ressults of dwarves that do well in forest tiles as well, still there are few things that are bothering in balance here. As they're not having healer, they need buffs in other aspects.

Dwarvish Forest Tinkerer: XP to lv3 is insanely high. Suggestion: XP from 98 to 85.

Dwarvish Forest Greataxe: few XP redduction. Suggestion: XP from 74 to 68

Tamed Gryphon: Some buffs. Suggestions: Movement from 9 to 10 , HP from 44 to 46, price from 40g to 37g.

Lucky Gnome: Actually a good unit, but too high XP is required to lv3. Suggestion: XP from 107 to 95.

Hare Rider: actually amont most underpowered units in the era lol. Dies really easily and actually needs a tons of XP to lv2. Suggestion: HP from 26 to 28.

Hare Master: As I've said, faction don't have healers and compared to other factions that do not have healers forestdwarves have lower ressistances. Suggestion: add heals+4 to this unit.

Luz
Luz is actually a strong faction, still some optimization in it wouldn't come bad to it.

Angels and advancements: allow them to 60% defense in mountains.

Luz cleric: actually an impopular unit, rarely promoted to lv3. Suggestion: XP from 100 to 85.
Luz Bishop: Suggestions: HP from 45 to 48, price from 57g to 54g.

Luz Monk: Suggestion: XP from 93 to 90, price from 40g to 36g.
Luz Abbot: Suggestion: Price from 56g to 53g

Luz Knight: Suggestion: XP from 94 to 88.

Luz Inquisition Warrior: These bastards are NOT underpowered, they're even in the margin of OP at having ressistances above the normal and 3 different attack types in melee AND also blade ranged (which is very valuable at ranged blade is RARE). Nerf suggestion: XP from 62 to 70

Others thing are much harder to rate to me , so in a later time I will come for more suggestions. All are buffs to fix underpowereds and only a XP nerf of a beast melee fighter which even shines as one of best melee fighters in all Ageless (cheap XP for massively insane melee fighter unit).
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Hello, thanks for your suggestions. Gave me some much needed motivation to start working on them again.

I have not released the new build yet, because I'm working on an overhaul of some factions (70% completed, but i haven't worked on it for too long)
Pretty much implemented all of your suggestions, with few exceptions/additions:

- Deer Knight & King have an additional impact+charge attack
- No heal for Hare Master, as I'm planning to add a new, additonal unit to the faction (Gnome Bard with healing and leadership)

Changes will be released in the next update. Also Forest dwarves will be changed to "Gnomes" and the dwarven scout wil also be a Gnome with changed stats.
Still working on the graphics though

Dardo and Chevalier will get some changes to their horsemen lines and I want to move Regis further away from the loyalist facion. But that will be another update
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Nice to know, I liked Rashy Era.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been a while from my previous post, here I will be posting about all other factions and few things about few unit already mentioned.

Dark Wose: I think it could be a good idea to buff its fire ressistance from -50% to -40%, and maybe adding a weaker lv3 version of it (the main idea of the unit is making a chaoitc wose with also lowered ressistances).

Skeleton Rider also price decrease for lv1 from 19g to 17g (they're not that good... even with buff), even with all buffs. Other issue in necromancers is that they're too default undead with just the addition of skeleton riders and junkers xDDD

Dardo
Faction that shines in strong physical melee fighters, but Chevalier is basically nearly the same but better at having fire melee and also healers...

Topic on this faction is basically that they depend too much on pierce and blade to deal their damage. Only exception are archers, goblin slinger is the only impact based attack unit in the faction.

So in overall, even I'm surprised that Dardo is actually a bad faction owning good units lol. Dardo Bounty Hunter is a good unit and their only slow attacker, problem is that you get it as late as of lv3 !!

Another issue with Dardo is that they don't have acess to magical or marksman, not even poison. they depend that their enemies be in flat and low defense terrains to be effective and in other case depending too much in their horsemen to not miss their charges.

So yeah, they're basically a poor faction in a direct comparation to Chevalier.

I will suggest few things to implement appart of some stats suggestion:
- Faction has only +Leadership as aura, maybe if implementing more correctly more types of auras in faction, it could work well.
- Chevalier have better tier fighters (Chevalier Townguard is a NICE lv2 unit) also Chevalier Greatsword is better melee unit than all Dardo lv3 melee.
- Dardo main strenght is about how strong are their lv2 and lv3 leadership units in base stats, but that's not enough with no lv4 leadership focus.
- If you want to maintain Dardo as no-healing faction it will require Dardo to have other auras appart of just leadership.
- In compesation of not healing, I think that dardo units could be 40% sand defense (Bowmen, Chariot, Mercenary, Scouts and ALL their advancements. Only horsemen and Dardo Legion would be un-buffed).
- Maybe some new units could come handy

Now unit stats suggestions and repricements

Dardo Legion : Suggestion to add a new 6-2 impact (shield) melee
Dardo Hoplite: suggestion to add a new 8-2 impact (shield) melee
Dardo Phanlax: Suggestion to add a new 11-2 impact (shield) melee.

These attacks allows them to be base 7-2 / 10-2 / 13-2 againist skeletons and wihtout first strike, but it helps a tons againist specific units.
Not as good as Chevalier spearmen maces, but still that helps a tons.

Dardo Commander: Good unit, underpriced. Suggestion: price from 28g to 33g (it even costs 1g less than default Lieutenant)

Dardo Captain: Buffs because faction is lacking stuff.
- Sword attack from 8-4 to 9-4
- Price from 48g to 52g
- Suggest for a lv4 version of him, as faction actually needs it (170 XP for lv4 hich is 10 XP less for generals to marshal) and maybe stats slightly better than these and ofc , 20% physical ressistances)

Dardo Praetorian: bit underpriced, suggestion: price from 28g to 30g

Dardo Rider: Suggestion: XP from 95 to 80
Weak but now can level up quickly.

Rhinoreme / Trireme: Suggestion: AMLA XP from 55 to 90

Dardo Cataphract:
- Sword damage from 9-4 to 10-4
- Readjust trample attack from 20-1 (nearly useless for lv3) to 15-2
- Movement from 7 to 8.
- NO SAND BUFF.
Dardo is not having marksman, poisoners or healers, they need either ressistances or more powerful stats to suit. You're free to change this if you're giving more auras to Dardo.

Dardo Cavalier
Mediocre unit, Luz riders and Chevalier are more interesting units.
- An option could be giving a new bonus aura.
- Maybe +0/+5 parry in melee attack is another more interesting option.

Dardo Lancer price from 41g to 46g

But just over-seign that Dardo actually need strong buffs because they're way too deficient.

Chevalier
Viable and fun faction to use, bit weak early game but I have no real complaints while playing as them in Ageless (unlike forestfolk or dardo, I don't hate Chevalier when I get them as random ageless faction). Only buffing a bit their healers lol and Grand Knights.

Chevalier Healer
- XP from 127 to 90
- Dispell damage from 3-5 to 4-5

Chevalier Doctor
- Poison attack adjusted from 5-5 to 4-6
- Dispell attack damage increase from 4-5 to 6-6

Chevalier Greasword: suggestion: price from 48g to 50g

Chevalier Knight: price from 40g to 38g

Chevalier Grand Knight
In comparation to default, lv2 Chevalier knights are much worse, even if having the exact same stats. Problem in here is about they cannot become into paladins (for slight healing properties, bonus arcane ressistances and arcane melee), while Grand Knights compared to default are much weaker. Will focus at helping Grand Knight a bit.
- Health from 68 to 72
- Sword damage from 10-4 to 11-4
- Maybe an option B for knight for advancement that is way different could be nice to implement.
They are like loyalist Grand Knights, but 1 movement faster and a bit smaller in stats but also +1 lance damage. At this propossal they're viable.

Soon I will be reviewing these 50% flat defense faction , but dardo surprised me in a bad ways about how much they're underperforming right now and I now see why nobody have good survival performance playing as Dardo.

Vixens are fine, just that I may review them for XP readjustment suggestions soon later.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I think I made a lot of unreleased changes since my last update and didn't keep track of all of them, so I hope I didn't over buff them.

Some Dardo already had 40% or even 50% defense on sand before the buff.
Hoplite & Phalanx have a protection aura (small 10% physical resistance to allies). Additional to the shield buff this could make them stronger than expected.
Dardo Cavalier has now a leadership abiliy (30% damage) for all riders (Horsemen, riders, chariot). Does not stack with regular leadership, but is stronger for lvl2 units.

Implementing new units isn't gonna happen for now, especially since I still have the plan to change all human factions a bit.

Update is still going to take a while. I just noticed, Regis is already in the process of being restructured, but I don't want to release it with placeholder graphics.
Just a sneak peak:
Noble rider line gets a warhammer instead of sword/crossbow. In the future Dardo will have crossbow rider, similar to loyalists.
Regis Paladin will be another grand Knight copy. Still working on how it will be different from the Chevalier one.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:15 pm Some Dardo already had 40% or even 50% defense on sand before the buff.

Hoplite & Phalanx have a protection aura (small 10% physical resistance to allies). Additional to the shield buff this could make them stronger than expected.
Dardo Cavalier has now a leadership abiliy (30% damage) for all riders (Horsemen, riders, chariot). Does not stack with regular leadership, but is stronger for lvl2 units.
Dardo mercenaries are 40% sand defense in lv1 , and 50% in lv2 and lv3, mercenaries have nice lv3 in overall. But I think few more 40% sand defense in most other units can make them viable. Archers, Riders , are particularly weak. Archest too weak in lv1 , maybe 5-3 fire arrow in lv1? and riders I think they're viable enough with 40% sand defense on all non cataphract options.

Dardo is strongest units are Mercenaries, Horsemen, Goblins and Leadership related units. I think that 40% defense on leadership units can be fine. Dardo needs something else to excel to beviable faction.

Leadership bonus for mounted units is quite interesting idea, +30% DMG for lv2 horses in a more mobile unit will indeed help horses in dealing more damages. It's the most impactful in Lv2 horsemen that have a potential to 31-3 without strong trait and 34-3 with strong trait. Okay, that seems dardo that in low defenses high level dardo army will be very deadly.

as far I could see, shielddefense only increases +10% all ressistances for the unit itself when defending. It's not exactly an aura because it doesn't affect other friendly units. Still I'm reading they will now give +10% on all ressistances to allies which is quite interesting. Need to check how they does with this new aura buff ... but in the status they're in unit base (both ageless and rashy era) they're not any better than default Knalga's. This is why I was telling in previous post that they needed a significant buff.

Other problem with dardo is that they're actually depending too much on pierce and blade (same as forestfolk troubles). It's also why I suggested to add shield attack to hoplites line. About aura implementation I think that on lv2 hoplites could be quite interesting, but way too strong in lv1.

Other topic in Dardo, is that they do not have +marksman nor +magical +poison +berserk for linebreaking specials for high defense enemies.

So about dardo, we end in me waiting to view the release and viewing how they perform.

Well, about rashy movement type (50% in flats , 60% in forests but -10% on physical ressistances but +10% to fire/cold) well... there is just one problem with this to be helpful. Rounding up damages will mean that usually -10% will be more impactful over +10% ressistances because a 5-3 with +10% modifier is rounded up to 6-3 and so on, this mean that in certain situations a -10% ressistance increases damage taken to even +20% or near to this value, while being rare to meet strikes that are 13-3 for example which is just +1 dmg increase and the extra flat defense being a bonus.

My suggestion on this topic would be the next:

For Marashy
- All monks having 0% to impact weakness. This mean that againist this attack type they're in advantage.
- Lv1 marashy adept having an optional 8-2 cold magical attack? this can help them at dealing some bit more damage against all human.
- Lv2 and Lv3 marashy archers having 0% to pierce ressistance, this will help them to not be in disadventage againist +marksman archers.
- Lv1 marashy soldier / Marashy Guardian having 0% on blade ressistnace, so enemy 5-4 blade melee won't be 6-4 ...
- Lv2 Marashy Pillager XP from 112 to 90

I think these changes might help Marashy a bit to do better in early game, I liked the rest of all ressistances scalling.
Them not having healers, need extra considerations to perform better.

For Trarashy
They can adquire healers but in late lv3 , this make their early be significantly bit harder. So I'ma suggest some buffs very likely I did with Marashy.

- Lv3 Gaya impact ressistance to 0% (no longer a weakness)
- Lv2 Rashy Lightning mage XP from 107 to 94
- Lv3 Vortex Mage cold ressistance increase to 20% (to be more fair in a direct comparation to Lv3 Nova)
- Lv2 Dimension Mage XP from 125 to 115
Many Trashy are having -10% physical weakness while having normal defenses, this is a strong handicap, so will be posting a propossal to readjust that in order to not be a dissadventage. Woud like to see if you're interested in making them 50% flat defense or if in making them more normal units with more normal ressistances, but they're actually being physical weak and no defense/movement bonus, which will impair them really hard in their gameplay.
- Lv1 scout price from 18g to 16g (yeap, this is a bad lv1 unit right now) cannot get higher defense like elvish scout and doesn't has resists at all.

Will be waiting for a response, to see what to suggest in here, I'm sure it's not intended that these units are normal defenses and having the rare -10% physical +10% fire/cold resists, depending on what was the intention I'ma continue suggesting the rest of Trarashy.

For Vixens
Vixens faction is actually lovely and fun to use, they've strong agro and access to healers, just minor corrections to make them even more lovely.

- Maxed Level vixens not having -10% cold weakness (incluiding Lv2 stalker)
- Lv2 Jaguar rider XP from 89 to 80
- Lv2 Viper XP from 86 to 77 , impact ressistance from 0% to 10%
- Lv3 Anaconda Impact ressistance from 0% to 20%

Just an slight help for their late/end game, as they're pretty potent early game.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:04 pm as far I could see, shielddefense only increases +10% all ressistances for the unit itself when defending. It's not exactly an aura because it doesn't affect other friendly units. Still I'm reading they will now give +10% on all ressistances to allies which is quite interesting. Need to check how they does with this new aura buff ... but in the status they're in unit base (both ageless and rashy era) they're not any better than default Knalga's. This is why I was telling in previous post that they needed a significant buff.
shield defense is 10% for spearmen, 20% for hoplites and 30% for Phalanx.
Additonally lvl2 and 3 have the aura, that gives 20% to surrounding allies. (changed form 10% in my previous post)
Both abilities are limited to defense and blade/impact/pierce, also the aura is limited to a max of 40%.
->2 hoplites next to each other would have 40% blade/impact and 50% piercing (30% regular +20% shielddefense) on defense or 0%b/i, 30%piercing on offense.
Preatorian/Justicar are very weak in comparision and Dardo already has blade damage with Mercenaries and Captain

I could add another assassin like unit with poison and/or marksman. Not entirely happy with that idea. Regis might get one in the future and Chevalier also has their poison unit, so it's not very original.

Marashy
implemented as described

Trarashy
implemented
50% flat for bowmen and guardian lines

Vixens
implemented
thinking about a invisibility for Anaconda (and potentially the lower levels) on swamp land :hmm: I would like your opinion on this
IPS

Post by IPS »

The hide on swamp sounds interesting, this also can be a nightmare in custom survival maps which Quequo will defenetively going to try in his map :lol: :lol: :lol: but that's fine. Even stronger units like wose can hide in a more common terrain like forest, so I think giving that detail of realism to snakes is a cool idea to implement.

Still I would recommend that for shield defense players could read either a different name like shield-defense(10) or shield-defense(etc) depending the value, to make it easier to check.

About dardo mercs being 50% flat defense... mercs are really nice. And lv2 having this low base HP just limits them to not be OP :lol:

Forgot to mention as well, that 8-2 cold will help marashy adept to not be 3-2 againist ships which are very common in the era :?

Also, wanted to mention that even with all these changes, Trarashy are not fine as faction, only 50% flat defense but these negative physical ressistances is usually an handicap. Mathematically talking they dodge take 1/6 less often hits from physical attacks (just in flat, most important terrain, but only on this terrain), but sometimes even taking 20% increased damage in terrains that they oftenly have same terrain defenses than most units... so in exchange, they lose way lot for what they're gaining.

So, some suggestions to make them bit easier to use and a more viable faction.
- Trarashy Fighter / advancements: blade ressistance from -10% to 0% , this help them taking less damage againist other fighters.
- Trarashy Keeper advancement's: impact ressistance from -10% to +10% (Lv2 general to 0% and lv3 marshall unchanged)
- Guard price to 29g (-3g)
- Longbowman price to 31g (-9g)
- Astronomer price to 40g (-2g)
- Lightning mage price to 39g (-3g)
- Gaya price to 57g (-5g)
- Luna price to 57g (-5g)
- Vortex mage price to 59g (-2g)
- Nova price from 59g (-2g)
- Trarashy Rider price to 29g (-3g)
- Avantgarde price to 43g (-2g)
- Researcher XP from 56 to 52
- Timemage flat defense to 50% (tons of XP to only +3 HP, +1 movement) -this makes worth spending 125 XP in 100% XP modifier which is a tons-

Some other minor readjustment to Amazons
- Schooner price to 28g (-8g)
- Amazon Marksman price to 32g (-5g)
- Amazon Sharpshooter price to 52g (-6g)
- Amazon Warrior price to 31g (-6g)
- Amazon Smasher price to 54g (-10g)
- Amazon Guard price to 29g (-6g)
- Amazon Matriarch price to 54g (-4g)
- Amazon Templeguard price to 49g (-9g)
- Amazon Priest price to 34g (-4g)
- Amazon high piest price to 53g (-4g)
- Amazon Witch price from to 33g (-5g)
- Amazon Elder Witch price to 54g (-3g)
- +20% to arcane all to all amazon feline riders
- Jaguar Rider price to 28g (-6g) , HP to 51 (+4)
- Jaguar Huntress damages increase to 10-3 , 15-2 , HP increase to 63 (+2) , price to 43g (-6g)
- Viper price to 31g (-3g)
- Anaconda price to 48g (-4g)

Curiously, when I compared jaguar riders with northeners wolf riders while looking in pricing, I realized they needed a buff. Lv1 jaguar riders are solid units, but they have low damages in lv2 and lv3, which is fine to compensate a bit their early game strength. Also nice movement costs. In lv2/lv3 with buffs they have quite high HP but low damage compared to other scouts.

More repricement coming around here in soon, will be editing this post or adding a new one.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

More repricement coming around here in soon, will be editing this post or adding a new one.
Please add a new one, it helps to keep track of this
- Viper price to 31g (-3g)
- Anaconda price to 48g (-4g)
not done, since they got the invisibility buff

I really should have done an update in between, or at least written down all the changes I made, especially with the human restructure.
Regis: No more javelin unit. Spearman now has 4-1 blade hatched instead. Might need some buff
Chevalier: Spearman does have a 5-1 pierce ranged and can advance to Javelineer & Master Javelineer.

Still working on the release. At least I want to finish the graphics for Regis warhammer riders

Current plan (Regis/Chevalier):
secret plan.png
Assassins are not gonna be in the next patch.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Got it, okay, so in overall most lv2 ships are overpriced as they cannot be any useful out water tiles, so all of them are going to get lowered prices. Still the least reviewed faction in all this posting were Aquana, that for some reason... they feel quite "meh" compared to other Rashy Era factions, even if they're actually a better structured faction than pre-buff forestfolks

Whatever, fist will mention ships repricemt and then aquana feedback.

Higher level ships repricement
- Corvettes price to 30g (-12g) /// XP from 55 to 90 /// maybe +first-strike in ranged? -low stat gain in comparation to lv1-
- Trireme melee increase to 10-2 /// price to 29g (-10g) /// XP to 90 -extra damage in melee helps them to be slightly more differnet from Corvettes-
- Schooner , HP to 52 (+2) /// previously mentioned price decrease.
- Galleon price to 31g (-13g) /// XP to 90
- Elvish Ship movement to 8 (+1) /// HP to 46 (+2) /// Price to 31g (-3g) /// XP to 90
- ALL boats/ships castle movement cost from 5 to 3 -this allow lv2 ships being capable to move 1 castle/village, 1 flat and 1 moat tile in same turns for a total of 3 tiles)
- ALL boats/ships castle defense from 10% to 30% (still a bad terrain, but logically crew can protect more easily the ship)
- ALL boats/ships frozen movement cost from 4 to 3
- ALL boats/ships swamp movement cost from 2 to 1 (there is no need to restrict ships to move faster in swamp as they're terrible in flat lol)

Aquana
- All aquana (non human) frozen defense from 20% to 30%
- Aquamancer iceball damage increase to 7-2
- Blue Mage XP from 114 to 90 /// price to 38g (-4g) /// Iceball damage increase to 9-2
- Aquana Longowman price to 24g (-1g)
- Aquana Mercenary Rider XP from 95 to 90 , price to 28g (-9g)
- Atlantis Knight deep water movement cost from impassable to 4 and defense to 20% /// pierce ressistance to -10% /// price to 52g (-3g)
- Atlantis Knight swallow water defense from 30% to 40%

Basically Aquana depends in Aquamancers to do well, reason why I think that to make them give their best as faction they need to be a bit stronger. Atlantis Knight will now not underperform in all aspects next to lv3 default Cavaliers.

Dark elves
Realized that they're very similar in stats to rebels, but they don't have healers... that will require some small compensation. My focus will be in XP for higher levels.

- All dark elf (non rider) cave moment cost from 2 to 1
- All dark elf (non rider) cave defense increase from 40% to 50%
- All dark elf (non rider) mushroom defense from 50% to 60%
- Dark Archer XP from 42 to 39
- Shadow Archer price to 29g (-12g) , XP from 82 to 75
- Nighteye price to 48g (-10g)
- Dark rider and advancement cave defense from 30% to 40%
- Shadow Rider price to 29g (-3g) , XP from 78 to 74
- Dark Guard price to 27g (-3g) , XP from 80 to 73
- Shadow Warrior price to 29g (-1g) , XP from 92 to 87
- Crescent Warrior price to 48g (-5g) , ranged damage increase to 8-2
- Night Shadow XP from 78 to 68
- Shadow Princess price from to 32g (-8g) , XP from 112 to 90
- Princess of Night price to 55g (-10g) , cold ressistance increase to 20% , arcane res increase to 0%

Cave movement buff will help dark elves really much, extra mobility in a terran that most factions are slow in, will greatly help them. It's common in other eras that other dark elves does well in cave terrain. This bonus also help them to deal better with the fact of not having healers.

I'm really happy with dark elf buffs :D

Minor lv2 healers+4 buff
- Mountain Wise / Blue Mage They will now gain +cures to heal allies from poison.
- Spider Priest also gaining +cures (but no healing+4 unlike other mentioned)
Last edited by IPS on March 27th, 2023, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.