Era of Restoration

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Simpleton

Era of Restoration

Post by Simpleton »

Hi all,

I've been working on a faction centered around golems for my UMC. The premise is that an elite human class builds and coexists with a golem army and workforce. The units in the faction are very loosely based on Hebrew folklore. The MP era is now available as an add-on to the latest version (1.12).

I'd like to get the faction balanced and the artwork for it in a decent place as a first step, because it seems like a more reasonable goal for the summer than an entire campaign.

In terms of feedback, if you've played the faction, please comment on whether the faction is viable as a whole (maybe it needs another unit, like an archer type, for instance), or on any other balancing issues for specific units.

I look forward to reviewing your feedback!
Jack
The_Gnat

Re: Era of Restoration

Post by The_Gnat »

Great era i like the units a lot especially the potter,warlock,bane,artist! :D

I think it it will make a very good campaign, and look forward to it being created!

The only thing i thought though is that the darklanders have a un-wesnothian style and so don't really fit in with mainline units and even the other factions in this era. You probably don't have the time to change all of their pictures but i thought i should post and mention it anyway!

Also ageless era has a orcish slinger,hunter,stalker who look very similar to the potter line in your faction and i think it would be great if you added them to your era also! And also ageless era's cyclops would be good to add to your faction! :D

EDIT: Also you mentioned maybe adding a archer would be good, i think that you are correct either a archer or healer would be need otherwise it is a little unbalanced... Also the Wrecker, Juggernaut move really fast for huge rock monsters, is that correct?