Wesnoth Music Player [Modification]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Pentarctagon
Forum Administrator

Wesnoth Music Player [Modification]

Post by Pentarctagon » April 17th, 2016, 9:14 pm

This add-on will play songs from Wesnoth core and, depending on what you have installed, from the add-ons UMC Music Book 1-12 as well as West's Chronicles I and II. To add any other songs, convert them to the .ogg format and drop them into *wesnoth directory*/data/core/music. You can listen to these songs once through, loop them, and create playlists that persist between scenarios. The UI also allows a small degree of customization.

This should be usable (as of some point in 1.13) as a Modification in Campaigns, Single Player, and Multiplayer.

The version for stable Wesnoth is updated until new features are added which are only available for the development version, at which point the stable version of the add-on will not receive any more updates, though fixes will be made if somebody reports a bug. The version uploaded to the development add-on server tracks the latest revision in Wesnoth's github repository, and I make no promises regarding proper functionality otherwise.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code

ForestDragon
Forum Regular

Re: Wesnoth Music Player [Modification]

Post by ForestDragon » April 18th, 2016, 3:58 am

nice mod you made there, may i suggest, like a folder in the add-on itself called, maybe custom_music (because hacking into core isn't the kind of stuff most people are going to do)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Creator of Tale of Alan (1.12 abandoned),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13, abandoned),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.12, unplayable), with a large add-on in development
"Real life is like a hyper-realistic VR game, but with permadeath and boring gameplay"

Pentarctagon
Forum Administrator

Re: Wesnoth Music Player [Modification]

Post by Pentarctagon » April 18th, 2016, 4:17 am

It's not really hacking, it's just copy/pasting into the folder. Also as I understand it, updating an add-on will remove the existing add-on files/folders entirely, so it would remove the custom_music folder as well.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code