Kill the King (feedback thread)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Kill the King (feedback thread)

Post by Dugi »

On hard they deal 20 damage always.
You mean they ignore resistances?
Mortimer AMLA faster with fireballs - there is bug, it only reduce damage, but doesn't give +1 attack
Fixed.
Strigo AMLA mace3 doesn't work. wrong name of attack.
Typo. Thanks for reporting.
I don't have time to send few low level units around each enemy, then move my heroes to this hexes to attack target.
I may reduce their quantity or damage. Which is better in your opinion?
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
Yes traps in my game deal always 20 damage points. They ignore resistances. They kill ghosts. 2 traps on 1 hex killed my wraith.
I may reduce their quantity or damage. Which is better in your opinion?
I think that first i should try when traps will work as they should. It should help a lot.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I played this campain on medium difficulty, but I made by running away and few realoding of turn. I ve run to the fortress, where I recruited some ghost and then run forward. I think that in the end I had no army.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, figured out why they ignored the resistances. Please finish the campaign, then I will update it with all the adjustments.
Xara

Post by Xara »

Just finished the campaign, what a blaspheme against king Konrad. One thing is, how does a skeleton sing?
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Xara wrote:Just finished the campaign, what a blaspheme against king Konrad.
I am an atheist, blasphemy means nothing different to me than criticism or mockery. In this case, Konrad was raised up among beautiful elves and then had to marry a princess whose portrait I found unattractive, so I coded its natural outcome.
Xara wrote:]One thing is, how does a skeleton sing?
In a similar way than he talks. Skeletons and liches do talk in wesnoth. I am not the one who knows why.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
I finished campaign on hard. This campaign is more random that Loti and harder too.
My first try was incredibly painful. Those guys with maces are strong as special units. Especially when my heroes didn't had any magical weapons. Due to time limit you can send your heroes in wrong way and then it can be really, really hard.
Second try was easier. I found even highlander unit (he died as lvl 3 lich) and part of one of the sets (almost impossible to find full set). I found also some axes (and this helps a lot). And even 1 black pearl (but i couldn't use it to create anything, not enough other gems :D )
I don't like 3rd scenario. I was able to beat it even with bugged traps. I summoned a lot of bats one i was using them to find traps. Move 1 hex, move 1 hex, move 1 hex ... That was boring. I often used undo move to check more hexes. ;)
Overall this campaign his doable unless you have really bad luck (my first try) and you're using good strategy.

Generally this campaign is good if you want play 1 time. I wouldn't recommend to playing it more times, because all this texts are long. :D
A little more time for second scenario is good.
Mortimer AMLA for fireballs -2 damage +1 attack is too weak compare to other amlas. 8 3 upgraded to 6 4 ? nothing special. I think that you should change it for -1 damage.
Strigo is incredibly powerful. I gave him malice (my only crated item :D ) and he was able to 1 shot lvl2 units. Near Aaron he was able to deal something like 60 damage with 4 attacks. He has frail tide so he can have a little weaker AMLAs.
I really like heroes and other special units(Faerie Incarnation). They fell unique.
With the exception of second scenario i think that you only need 0 lvl units and heroes.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, I made the traps spring even if a unit passes through them. This makes them easier to sweep, but makes them more deadly if unswept. I have also reduced their quantity by 28%.
I wonder how did you manage to get rid of them by saveloading. I have intentionally added a few pieces of code that make a half of traps vanish without trace when stepping on them, just to make sure that if somebody remembers that there wasn't a trap on some hex, it might suddenly be there.

I had increased the turn count for the second scenario right after your complain about that. I have reduced the damage penalty of Mortimer's fireball. I've made Strigo's melee attack slightly weaker.

If you think the dialogues are long, you can just use Esc to skip them (except for the concerts).

Weren't the last two scenarios too easy compared to the previous two? If you agree with those changes, I can upload the changes tomorrow.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
I didn't use save/load. I was using "u" as undo. If there is no trap i can undo move and move to other place. If there is a trap i simply was losing bat.
Okay, I made the traps spring even if a unit passes through them.
Very good idea. :)
If you think the dialogues are long, you can just use Esc to skip them (except for the concerts).
Didn't remember about that. Thanks.
Weren't the last two scenarios too easy compared to the previous two?
They're easier. That's true. 4th scenario was ok. Last one was simply easy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was using "u" as undo.
Ah, yes, this may work.
They're easier. That's true. 4th scenario was ok. Last one was simply easy.
Okay, I'll make them harder and upload.
Xara

Post by Xara »

I just realized I played your campaign with music disabled. The pieces are nice. Are they under CC license? If so, then they're even nicer.

EDIT:
In a similar way than he talks. Skeletons and liches do talk in wesnoth. I am not the one who knows why.
IIRC, only Lich talked in mainline Wesnoth.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Xara wrote:I just realized I played your campaign with music disabled. The pieces are nice. Are they under CC license? If so, then they're even nicer.
Yes, I managed to find some music that was licensed under one of the few GPL compatible variants of CC.
Xara wrote:IIRC, only Lich talked in mainline Wesnoth.
I had a skeleton talk in Descent into Darkness, when he picked the book. Also, he had an advisor who could possibly be a skeleton if I recall correctly.
Kymille

Post by Kymille »

I played it on the middle difficulty setting. I thought the balance was good -- challenging but fair. I never got enough gems to make anything but a few useful items did pop up.

And I thought it was funny.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for the feedback.
rytas

Post by rytas »

Hi Dugi,

i find campaign concept very fresh and nicely executed.

Actually its maybe the first time (apart from LOTI) i have felt good playing undead side in a campaign ;)

p.s. the length of campaign i'd say asks for expansion or otherwise - more gem drops ;)

have fun!