Kill the King (feedback thread)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Kill the King (feedback thread)

Post by Dugi »

Hello,

I have made a new campaign, Kill the King. It's a short campaign (I'd like to call it very short campaign, but there are many shorter campaigns) where you play undead. The plot is quite far fetched, we just had a few wacky ideas with Chewan and we decided to make a campaign from it just for fun. Do not expect anything predictable or particularly logical from the story.

Long story short, it's about a group of undead of various species who meet and rant about the king becoming a drunkard because his wife was ugly. They decide to mask their unholy identity and become bards and rouse people into a rebellion. As bards, they take quite an innovative approach to music and play rock.

This is just a first release, so there might be some balance issues.

Please post any issues, bug reports or opinions here.

Note: you need the latest version of Legend of the Invincibles, otherwise it will not load. There is no dependency add-on version check, so there is no way to enforce this.
Chewan

Re: Kill the King (feedback thread)

Post by Chewan »

Dugi, a little help here, please! :augh: Some magic, or a hint how to fix this on the quick?
Message when trying to start this add-on:

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
...Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.2/userdata/data/add-ons/Kill_the_King/_main.cfg
Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.
Details:
Macro/file 'WEAPON_SPECIAL_LESSER_LETHARGY' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Kill_the_King\\units\\Strigo.cfg:165
included from ~add-ons\\Kill_the_King\\_main.cfg:78
Error: Unknown scenario: '00_Intro'
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Make sure you downloaded dependencies.
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

Thanks for replying, Ravana!
But there's no reference to dependencies in the download description. :hmm:
(Um, considering the author of KtK, I've got his campaigns installed...)
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Dugi,
There is a bug in scenario 3,
If the heroes killed by the trap,the defeat condition doesn't trigger.
And, the scenario can't be finished. I already moved my unit to the town on the north-eastern corner and nothing happened,so I used debug to win the scenario.
And,why Calcy and Strigo can't advance to level 2?
At least,create a "Revenant Minstrel" ;)
Btw,nice campaign 8), but I think scenario 3 is a bit too hard for easy (yes,I'm playing on easy) because the trap is really dangerous because it can damages unit more than 20 hitpoints, and it slows.I had to reload a few times, because I accidentally trigger the trap and it kills my unit. :(
And, I think ghosts shouldn't not be affected by the trap, because their body was ethereal, and can't physically touch the trap to trigger it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Chewan
You need the latest version of LotI to have it working (3.1.20 or 3.1.20b). The add-on manager saw that you have it installed but there is no way to make sure you have the latest version. If you hadn't LotI installed, it would have installed the latest version of it and all would work, but this way, it sees no error. I have filled a feature request about this, but I haven't seen anything implemented.

@ZIM
ZIM wrote:And, the scenario can't be finished. I already moved my unit to the town on the north-eastern corner and nothing happened,so I used debug to win the scenario.
Wait, north-eastern corner? You have to reach first the town on the south-eastern corner, then the one on the north-eastern corner and finally the one on the north-western corner. You always have to step somewhere close to the keep. I was checking that it worked, can you upload please a save file where you can't activate it?
ZIM wrote:And,why Calcy and Strigo can't advance to level 2?
Because I am lazy to make sprites for every level. They stay on level 1, just get advancements that cause them to grow stronger by bits. Being on level 1 is an advantage, you give less exp to enemies when you fight them, no?
ZIM wrote:I think scenario 3 is a bit too hard for easy (yes,I'm playing on easy) because the trap is really dangerous because it can damages unit more than 20 hitpoints, and it slows.I had to reload a few times, because I accidentally trigger the trap and it kills my unit.
That is why you can recruit and have expendable units step where you're planning to step with main units to deactivate the traps. Ghosts are ideal for this, because they heal fast in villages and can move quickly. That is also why they can activate the traps too. The traps are magical or something like that when they can hit the ghosts too.
ZIM wrote:Btw,nice campaign 8)
I like that you like it.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Nice Funny, and Indeed short campain. I was lucky, that I ve found 3 axes and two maces, so I could equip my heroes.
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ Dugi: If you hadn't LotI installed, it would have installed the latest version
Errr... right, there IS a reference to LotI in the download description (I had just updated it to 3.1.20),
I thought there might be other dependencies...

So, the add-on manager should have told me, that LotI was yet again outdated...
Would it help to add for now: 'Legend of the Invincibles – latest version!'
Anyway, the launching problem is solved now, hopefully the king is still alive so I can go after him... :mrgreen:
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Dugi wrote:Wait, north-eastern corner? You have to reach first the town on the south-eastern corner, then the one on the north-eastern corner and finally the one on the north-western corner. You always have to step somewhere close to the keep. I was checking that it worked, can you upload please a save file where you can't activate it?
Here is it.
KtK-Sucker_Punch_Turn_21.gz
Just try any unit,none of them will win the scenario
(456.35 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
Dugi wrote:That is why you can recruit and have expendable units step where you're planning to step with main units to deactivate the traps. Ghosts are ideal for this, because they heal fast in villages and can move quickly. That is also why they can activate the traps too. The traps are magical or something like that when they can hit the ghosts too.
Ooh,I thought the trap is like a bolas that triggered when someone trip the string.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ZIM wrote:Here is it.
You've skipped the town in the northeastern corner of the map. Read the objectives.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
Mortimer has special ability Conviction. In description of this ability i read that it reduces fire, cold and lighting resistances. I don't know if it affects lightning resistance but it affects arcane resistance.

In resistances (after hovering mouse onto HP) there is something new - start_time +100%
What does it do?
In unit description it is shown as UNTLB type_start_time
This new resistance is only for heroes.

EDIT:
Scenario 2 on hard difficulty is harder than lotl. I've lost it. :D
Those special guys were really difficult. My lvl 1 units and heroes had a lot of problems with defeating four lvl 1 and 2 human units with maces. Especially regen 32 and bonus resistances. I needed a little more time.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Mortimer has special ability Conviction. In description of this ability i read that it reduces fire, cold and lighting resistances. I don't know if it affects lightning resistance but it affects arcane resistance.
Yes, it was written wrongly. It will be uploaded with next version of LotI.
In resistances (after hovering mouse onto HP) there is something new - start_time +100%
What does it do?
It was supposed to be an animation that was defined wrongly. Will be fixed in the next version.
Scenario 2 on hard difficulty is harder than lotl. I've lost it.
Okay, increased the turn count on hard by 2 (1 on normal).
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
Those traps are scary. I lost wraith with full hp. :shock:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

They should deal maximum 20 impact damage, not enough to kill a healthy Wraith. Unless you happened to step on a hex with two traps on it or there is some bug. If you tell me more, I might fix the bug or prevent two traps from spawning on one hex.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
On hard they deal 20 damage always. Yes that was two traps in one village - that was enough to kill my wraith (or 2 bats in next try). :D
Mortimer AMLA faster with fireballs - there is bug, it only reduce damage, but doesn't give +1 attack

Strigo AMLA mace3 doesn't work. wrong name of attack.

Mission 3 on hard right now is really hard. Traps with 20 damage are painful, too hard. I lost few times this scenario, because this is short scenario only 24 turns, traps able to kill low level units, ambushed enemies with lvl 2/3 are able to kill my heroes(mostly when they stop on trap, after i lost all low level units.
I don't have time to send few low level units around each enemy, then move my heroes to this hexes to attack target. Each trap kill 1 unit. Without recon i can move on hex with trap and simply die (20 damage and slow - then enemy attack).