Heir to the Throne Update (Current Focus: S1)

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LienRag

Re: Heir to the Throne Update (Current Focus: S1)

Post by LienRag »

Ender24 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 5:05 am Thus I propose we open up the Siege of Elensefar with Konrad's pre-spawned unit explaining to him how if he finds himself lacking in manpower or gold it might be worth replaying prior scenarios for better performance. Just a thought.
Problem is, there's really no in-character possible explanation for that.
May be a general tip somewhere though (there are tips that are officially meta, not in-world, so it should be possible).
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

taptap wrote: September 19th, 2015, 11:21 am Don't provide more challenge in the first genuine scenario people will play when starting the game, some after, some without the tutorial.
The first scenario is laughably easy if you send Konrad through Chantal's territory (which the orcs avoid) and quite hard otherwise.
Maybe remove the Chantal protection (and find another reason for her to survive) on hard, and hint that it can be used on easy ?

I agree that the first level shouldn't be that hard on easy and intermediate level, but there's no reason to not make it a real challenge on hard (anyone playing on hard expects that losing is a possible result).

BTW how did things evolve since this message was posted ? It's been a while that I played that campaign but AFAIK it was still after 2015.
Last edited by LienRag on April 3rd, 2023, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

Turuk wrote: September 8th, 2015, 9:12 pm - Orcs now clear the forest as they advance towards the elves. They get less defense on flat, but increased movement, making the player have to think about unit placement as turns go on and they move more easily.
Story-wise, only Pillagers should do this (with their torches).
Although like someone noted, including one-off mechanisms in the first scenario of the main campaign of Wesnoth (so one that many beginners will play) is not necessarily a good idea.
JoelPera

Post by JoelPera »

What's the status of this thread? I came prepared to provide scenario-by-scenario feedback. I've on the fifth one right now on max difficulty and it's a replay for old time's sake. I must have first played HTT around 2011. I must say it hasn't lost its charm and like some new changes I noticed. The white mage you rescue from that island has a freaking arcane sword!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

What's the status of this thread?
Inactive
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

JoelPera wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:28 am What's the status of this thread? I came prepared to provide scenario-by-scenario feedback.
There's a forum for providing feedback for each Heir to the Throne scenario.
JoelPera

Post by JoelPera »

Thanks for your replies. My bad, got lost in the forums and didn't see the usual place to post feedback.